Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Inviting children

Senior Platinum Member

im inviting children as well although they will be a bit older at the time with the youngest being 3. they'll be sitting with their parents so im taking it that its the parents responsibility if they want to bring their kids then they can look after them and they will be sitting with their own children.
    in 2006 i was sat at the end of a table with kids next to me and i was 19 at the time, wasnt amused as i felt like i was the unpaid baby sitter.. and their parents kept having to go over to get their kids to eat etc

xx
    Getting Married at Lochside House - 15th June 2013

we're having a no kids except for immediate family policy for our reception. We're quite happy for the kids to be at the ceremony tho as we have lots of friends with kids and if we want them all to come then we're just going to have to deal with the kids too. Most of them are very well behaved (most of the time) so we're not too bothered by them being there for the service. We will have some 1 - 4 yr olds so hopefully parents will be sensible and find some way of keeping the kids entertained / quiet during vows etc!

We didn't have a child policy, we simply didnt invite friends children, simple! I didn't explain myself to anyone why I didn't invite them either. It's our wedding so we decide and it's not up for discussion.

I'm in the same boat as some of the other brides of this page. Me and my H2B are having a "no children rule" we simply don't have the space to accomodate everyone's children's which would number over 20 children, the majority under 5. Most people seem to be fine about it, but some are a bit offended by it and are still asking if they could bring their children "because they act really grown up" I just wish some people would respect its our day and it's what we want, we are not trying to offend people. I'm sick of feeling like the Anti-christ for not having them. I would think some parent's would want the night off just to enjoy themselves. I know this all has been said before on past posts, but och i just needed a rant!

Hi,

We made a decision not to have kids at our wedding. The majority of H2Bs friends have kids all under the age of 5 and we decided it was too long a day for them and our friends would enjoy themselves more without having to worry about their wee ones. Unfortunately some people are unhappy with this decision but when it comes down to it it is only one day they need to find a sitter for and more importantly it is the couple's special day.

Good luck
    xx

I am placing a no children rule apart from immediate family (nephews) as there would be 20+ under 8's there and I just don't want that many children there, love them all but that number is just too many, only having around 70 guests at the day wedding. Will be saying they can come at night if parents want them there but not for the main event.

Politics at every turn lol!

x

We're only having 2 kids. 1 is my nephew and the other is a new born and is being breastfed so can't be left at home. No one has said they can't come due to babysitting issues so I think it was worth making the decision.

Super Senior Platinum Member missm2mrsf's Avatar

these people that get offended by their kids not being invited really need to get a grip! lol! think we will have a few aswell, but under no circumstances am i backing down! youngest there is 14, tahts young enough! x

we are having about 13 kids from babies to teenagers. some from friends but mostly family. I'm quite relaxed about kids making a bit of noise -on the whole it is a day to celebrate and I want my family and friends there and if that means kids then so be it. quite a few of the folks with kids are getting family members who are not at the wedding to pick their kids up just before or after the meal so they get to involve the kids during the day but can then let their hair down at night without needing to worry after the kids.