Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: going back to weight watchers

Super Senior Platinum Member missm2mrsf's Avatar

Default going back to weight watchers

decided to go back to weight watchers next week. Last time i went it wasnt the propoints plan.

How is this plan? any good recipes with points values? x

Hi Missm2mrsf

I've being doing WW for a while now. The ProPoints diet is good for me as I love fruit and you can eat it freely. On the old plan you had to use points for fruit which would eat into my daily allowance massively. I'm definitely eating more fruit and veg as a result which can only be good for you!!

The only thing I would say is that if I use the whole weekly points allowance I tend not to lose weight. I got really frustrated in the first few weeks when I stayed the same so I just decided from then on stick to my daily allowance and only dip into the weekly allowance if it was a special occasion, rather than using them all up each week. Everyone is different but this works for me.

Good luck!

EdinburghBride! x

Super Senior Member

Hi Missm3mrsf. I've been on the WW propoints since Jan. Lost nearly 2 stone in 5 months since then, but I've been combining it with exercise too. I agree with Edinburghbride. I use my 29 points a day, then only use the extra weekly ones for when I go out on Saturday night for a meal or something, I don't split it across all the days and I usually use on average about half of the extra 45 points a week

Great recipes that H2B even loves is the prawn massman curry. I've just made an omlette tonight and other half also loves this chicken thing that you can put some stilton in and wrap in parma ham and its only something like 6/7 points. I find it quite easy to keep to the points each day. Just make sure you don't eat too many bananas. My sister was eating 2 a day as they were 0 points, but there's something in them that makes you hang onto your weight! her weekly leader told her to have no more than 1 banana a day.

Good luck!

Super Senior Platinum Member BalbirnieDreamer's Avatar

I think the plan is very easy to follow. Having been on it since January, I'd lost 2st 3lb before going on holiday for the first 2 weeks in May. I only put on 2lb when away thanks to walking miles around disney world every day but I'm finding it hard going being back on ww now. Probably since before, I was wanting to lose weight for holiday and I now have a year until the wedding and the thought of counting points until then is depressing! I'm doing it, and being strong, but when H2b is tucking into chocolate and pizza's etc, I so want some! Doesn't help that I'm signed off work following surgery so bored in the house all day and not allowed to exercise
    I think exercise definately helps speed up the weight loss process- don't use the actiivity points you gain! And I'd agree with the others that its best to only use weekly points if really need to!
    I just hope my motivation returns as I've been doing so well!
    Good luck!
    Lx
    Craig and Laura's Wedding Website
    16th of June 2012

i started back tonight!

half a stone heavier than i was when i started over a year ago! think i will only use extra points if i have a drink at weekend, and wont take points off for my exercise. bananas didnt used to be free on old plan so think you are right! lol!

will come back next thurs tell yous how i do! now what will i do with all the cider i bought for after west end fest on sunday?! lol! xxx

aaahhh 3 days in and i fecked it already! lol! went out on sat and drunk wine, so that was out my extra points. Then yest went to west end festival, had some cider, then went to boho and drunk a few cocktails, they were 2-4-1 it couldnt be helped and had a hotdog, then back to my friends who had a party and drunk more wine, ate some pizza and wedges! hoping that i can still lose a wee bit. have a weekend in this weekend so not touching a drop of alcohol! nervous bout weighday now! lol! x

Hi Missm2mrsf,

Try and count your points that you ate/drank over the weekend. I bet you will find combined with your daily points and your weekly points you will not have done so bad! Plus just start out today like you were an angel over the weekend and exercise loads to try and make the points up.

Trust me whenever I do that I end up realising I wasnt as bad as i thought but also means if you loose weight this week you need to be an angel next week to make sure it doesn't catch up. Thats what happens to me.

I was doing propoints and didn't like it after the change over ect found it confusing. lol went to Slimming World for a while but didn't find it fitted into my lifestyle. So I started propoints on my own on Monday just to see if I could stick to it and find it ok just now so will find a class next week. I still have the dreaded weeked. The thing I fell hard from the change is when you picked something up in the shop on the old plan it was easy to see it would be low in points now I find that I cant just pick thing up look at the label and say oh that will be low in points ect. I ended just taking alot of WW products just for quickness but I suppose the classes will help with this.

Nic xx

i tried nic, but im afraid 2 days of drinking wine, cider and cocktails may ahve just tipped it! lol!

i thought that when i first looked last week nothing seemed low any more but have been managing ok during week in work.

Finding a poached egg with asparagus wrapped in ww ham for lunch quite good at 3 points.

I went to attack and combat last night so hopefully they make up for my boozy weekend, nto touching a drop this weekend lol xxx

Hi, I bough the old series of books from ebay for WW and have lost just over a stone since the begining of the year and kept it off. I have another stone to go and I am combining it with excercise. Its not coming off quickly but I will keep at it. I went on the scales today and they tipped just under 11 stone so I am sooooo proud of myself. Heres to Zumba and step !

i cant do step, the step gets in my way lol xxxx

Super Senior Member

I'm back on WW as of this morning after weighing myself in Boots and getting a fright. 11lbs on since getting married 2 and a half months ago. We had 3 weeks in the States and I've not stopped eating since Signed up online and I am determined. Balbirniedreamer that's an amazing result!

Quote Originally Posted by missm2mrsf View Post
    i cant do step, the step gets in my way lol xxxx
    Have you tried Zumba ? Much more fun and less to trip over ...unless you count your feet or your laces.....x

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Bridezilla View Post
    I'm back on WW as of this morning after weighing myself in Boots and getting a fright. 11lbs on since getting married 2 and a half months ago. We had 3 weeks in the States and I've not stopped eating since Signed up online and I am determined. Balbirniedreamer that's an amazing result!
    Everyone I know who has got married puts weight on straight after. The good thing is that you have picked up on it and are doing something about it. Good luck x

Quote Originally Posted by Miss K Nomore View Post
    Have you tried Zumba ? Much more fun and less to trip over ...unless you count your feet or your laces.....x
    yeah not a zumba fan, feel like I get more from attack and combat! lol! went to zumba for quite a while but just didnt feel i was pushing myself enough.

New plan is attack, combat, pilates, running and swimming, just a wee mixture, will see how that goes xxx

well lost 2.5lbs on first week, happy with that after my bad weekend! been good this weekend though, so hopefully get a good result! xxx

forgot to update this last week, i lost another 3.5 lbs so thats 6lbs now! getting weighed a day early this week, cos tomoro i will be at take that (YAY!), so hoping getting weighed a day early wont affect what i lose. Not feeling too positive this week though, chinese on sunday and missed attack and combat last night cos i got soaked lol! did go to pilates on mon though x

Well done! 1 day early shouldn't make much difference! I lost 3lb last week so only 3.5lb off target now! I've had a bad week too though! Was at a wedding on sat and the plan to drink vodka at 2 propoints each didn't last long! Ended up having 6 pints of magners at 7 propoints each! Ooops! So expecting a gain tomorrow but to be honest, I'm happy with my weight loss to date that I'm happy to linger around this weight without losing much more!
    Good luck tomorrow!
    Lx
    16th of June 2012

3.5lbs off target is fab

i was also at a wedding sat, also planned to drink vodka but carried away with the wine, oops!

Then have cider and wine in house that I know I will drink before take that, but having a quite weekend so hoepfully will make up for it xx

I'm going to TT on friday but am not drinking! Drunk a bit too much before/during circus tour that I only really remember support act then the very end so not making that mistake again! My friends driving too so wouldn't be fair for me to drink again lol! So will behave myself this week...although going for lunch at truly scrumptious cupcake cafe bar before we leave for TT so will have to have a huge cup cake! Would be rude not to!
    Lx
    16th of June 2012

omg during circus in glasgow, i drunk waayyy too much, lost my friend, dont remember much and ended up having to get tickets on ebay for olf trafford and go down the following friday to see it again! lol! so i ont be over doing it lol

Defo agree would be rude not to, take that being in town is a special occasion! aahhh so excited xxx

well another a wee pound off so thats half a stone! woohoo! x

Well done! I had a bad week! Put on 4lb!!! Although ww leader pointed out that I had jeans and a biggish top on and I normally have floaty dresses and leggings etc so said to allow a lb for that! I expected it though after my stuffed crust pizza hut the night before weigh-in lol! I behaved at take that though! And truly scrumptious was shut due to burst drains so never had a big cup cake afterall!
    Did you enjoy TT? I was so at the front of the runway and shook hands with Howard and Jason! Felt like I was 13 again! Got a good pic of Robbie too!
    Lx
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails That That 059.jpg  
    16th of June 2012

Great pic! They were amazing! That's exactly where we were! I got a great pic of mr williams also, will put it on once I'm at computer

Not to worry bout weight gain! Sure ull be back on track! I was bad at atke that, then chinese last night and have loads of wine sitting here begging me to drink it lol! So imagine next week won't be too good! x

Great pic! They were amazing! That's exactly where we were! I got a great pic of mr williams also, will put it on once I'm at computer

Not to worry bout weight gain! Sure ull be back on track! I was bad at atke that, then chinese last night and have loads of wine sitting here begging me to drink it lol! So imagine next week won't be too good! x

just thought i'd update this! i have now lost 15lbs. so happy, another stone or stone and a half to go! just glad to be back under 10 and a half stone, feel liek me again x