Thread: Piersland House Hotel, Troon

Smile Piersland House Hotel, Troon

Hi, I'm getting married at the Piersland in 2010. I'm looking for anyone else who is getting married there to swap ideas with. Thanks

No-one else

Wedding Supplier PLANS AND PRESENTS's Avatar

From a previous post Suze012 is getting married at your hotel

http://scottishweddingdirectory.co.u...read.php?t=819
    Alison Tinlin Wedding Planner
    www.plansandpresents.co.uk
    UK No.3 Wedding Tweeter
    http://www.easyweddingsearch.com/twitter/top100.htm

I am!!!! We just confirmed and paid the deposit this morning!!! We're getting married on 20th June 2010.

Hi Fi, its so nice to hear from someone getting married in the same place as us. R u going to their fayre on the 15th November? xx

Planning to - with my Mum and Maid of Honour. Can't wait!

I'm planning on going with H2b. Hoping to get some ideas for flowers and decorations. It feels like ages since i was last there really looking forward to it. R u having ur ceremony there aswell? x

Yes we are! Can't wait. What are you planning for evening entertainment? I'd like a band but there's not much space - I reckon a 4 piece would be the most the space could take tops.

we have booked a 3 piece band called pulse - 2 men and 1 woman. They also do some celligh ( not sure if thats how its spelt) and a bit of dj. we heard them at a band showcase at seamill hydro and just loved them. They dont take up too much space either so perfect for in the piersland. They said they had played there quite a lot so knew the set up.

How are your plans coming along? Have you managed to find a band? x

All going nicely thanks!! When we went to the wedding fair there we spoke to Lisa from Hireaband and she highly recommended Deville (two guys with guitars). We were torn between them and Pulse and asked if we could go see both to help us choose. So weekend before last we headed off to Piersland to see Pulse at a wedding and Deville at a pub in Cumnock. Unfortunately we didn't get to see Pulse - just hear them through a wall cos we weren't allowed in the room!! I totally understand though - it's a small venue and there was another couple there to see them too - Piersland were just protecting their clients!! Anyway they sounded really good but we plumped for Deville in the end. They were really good and more "our" sound - if that makes sense, and a wee bit cheaper!

Pretty chuffed with myself if I'm honest. We got engaged at the start of October and already we have: the venue, the celebrant, the band, the photographer, the string quartet and the band all sorted. Oh, and my dress!! Next task: flowers and cake!!

How about you? All going well?

Blimey - that was a bit long. Bet you're sorry you asked!

Sounds like your pretty organised. I'm about the same on a mission for cake and flowers. Had a chat with sugar and spice when at the fayre. There cakes were very nice and not as expensive as other companies i'd looked at so they may be an option. Plus they are based in troon so no delivery charges. As for flowers i'm not very sure what to do with them. Was disappointed with kirstys flowers at the fayre. Felt her displays looked wilted which put me off. Trying to find something to go with my colour scheme of turquoise and silver is proving difficult. Am thinking of having lilies with coloured ribbons around the stem but not too sure yet.
    I'm glad you got a band sorted. It would have been good if they had had 1 playing at the fayre. Mind you it was rather busy in there. was it just me or did the room feel smaller to you when full of so many people? x

I had fun sampling the cakes too!! We were planning to get an M&S cake but are thinking of going for S&S now too. I had really wanted to go with Kirsties for flowers as she knows the venue etc but I didn't feel like she was very switched on! Might still go see her though.

I know what you mean about the size on the room but I reckon it should be OK! Hopefully the weather will be good and people can spill out onto the decking.

Default Flowers

Hi I went to the wedding fair at Ayr racecourse today and was really impressed with 'Bijou' flowers which are also in Troon, hoping to pop in and see them soon.

Linzi

Default What was your experience?

Hi Ladies,

I am a newby - only been engaged for 4 days! I have been looking at venues for quite a long time though (dont tell hubby to be) and I have come across the Piersland Hotel - I'd be really interested to find out how your weddings went? Any advice you have would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Senior Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yogibear View Post
    Hi Ladies,

I am a newby - only been engaged for 4 days! I have been looking at venues for quite a long time though (dont tell hubby to be) and I have come across the Piersland Hotel - I'd be really interested to find out how your weddings went? Any advice you have would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    congratulations on your engagement, and welcome to the forum
    hope you have loads of fun planning.....this is the place for it. loads of great advice
    1st October 2010...the best day of my life....I married my best friend

We're having our wedding reception in Piersland House Hotel in September.

Not from troon, but just from day trips I knew I loved the hotel and would like to have our wedding there, so it was an easy choice once we'd viewed it.

So far i've found them really good to deal with, however does anyone have tips on corkage? We have bought all our wine and champagne, but would like to sweet talk them into a discount on corkage

xx