Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: entrance and exit music??

Default entrance and exit music??

What are you all having as your entrance and exit songs?? x
    4th June 2011

Super Senior Platinum Member Mrs McDermott's Avatar

Hey huni, i just decided this yesterday. Was talking it through with my bm and we came up with me walking down the aisle to The Irish Wedding Song (on the bagpipes) and for coming back up the aisle as hubby n wife we though on Scotland The Brave. I really liked this idea as there is an irish/scottish theme running through our whole wedding so a thought these 2 choices were really appropriate for us:-) Mrs McD2b-x-
    Donna & Jim - 20th August 2011

www.donna-and-jim.are.gettingmarried.co.uk

they're good choices I'm trying to decide what i want to leave to-want to walk down to Highland Cathedral, just need to check the priest is ok with it. still need to pick my hymns too xx

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs McD2b View Post
    Hey huni, i just decided this yesterday. Was talking it through with my bm and we came up with me walking down the aisle to The Irish Wedding Song (on the bagpipes) and for coming back up the aisle as hubby n wife we though on Scotland The Brave. I really liked this idea as there is an irish/scottish theme running through our whole wedding so a thought these 2 choices were really appropriate for us:-) Mrs McD2b-x-
    Nice idea hunni! And perfect for your theme too eh? Im stuck and I need to decide for my order of service. Ive found some by the way, was recommended a good ebay seller who has the covers really cheap and im just going to do my own inserts after all. xxx
    4th June 2011

Quote Originally Posted by annlouise View Post
    they're good choices I'm trying to decide what i want to leave to-want to walk down to Highland Cathedral, just need to check the priest is ok with it. still need to pick my hymns too xx
    We have also just decided on our hymns. I chose Lord of the Dance and h2b chose Give me Joy in my Heart...love them both:-) Mrs McD2b-x-

Quote Originally Posted by weebanker View Post
    Nice idea hunni! And perfect for your theme too eh? Im stuck and I need to decide for my order of service. Ive found some by the way, was recommended a good ebay seller who has the covers really cheap and im just going to do my own inserts after all. xxx
    Aw thats great Ali, am glad you managed to get some at a decent price! They can be so expensive if you want the A5 size cant they? Mrs McD2b-x-

I'm stuck on this one but have a while to decide.

I think I want the piper to play Amazing Grace when I walk in but H2B thinks it's naff!! What do you think?

Thinking of Highland Cathedral on the soft blown pipes during the signing of the register (or maybe us walking out). If we use Highland cathedral for exit music I have no idea what to use for the signing of the register!!!!!

xx

i,m stuck on this one as well as we,re getting married by a register at our venue, i do have someone playing the bagpipes , i thought of bagpipes going up the asile and h2b wants a lively tune of a cd once me and him walk back up the aisle the monkees pleasant valley sunday as we,re getting married on a sunday!

I'm coming in to Highland Cathedral and leaving to Mairi's Wedding. What to have for the signing of the register though I've no idea!

I walked in to Highland Cathedral and planned to walk out to Mairi's wedding, but changed my mind at the very last minute.

We actually walked out to our piper playing Congratulations (yeah - the cliff richard song!) It got everyone laughing and clapping along.

I had a cd of a Mozart piano concerto for signing the register, 7 and a half minutes long and it worked perfectly!

M xx
    Friday 13th May, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Maisie View Post
    We actually walked out to our piper playing Congratulations (yeah - the cliff richard song!) It got everyone laughing and clapping along.
    That's brilliant!!

xx

I'm walking down to a beautiful celtic verious on Canon D but have no idea what I'm walking back up to. I want something really happy and upbeat, maybe even something to get people singing along to. x

Congratulations- great choice and and original too. I walked down the aisle to an instrumental version of One day like this by Elbow and our exit music was Better Together by Jack Johnson. During the register signing we had Ce Matin La by Air and a Groove Armada version of Fly me to the moon.

We're having "I see you" by Leona Lewis on the piano for our entrance song because we both love Avatar. We're having "Bat out of hell" as our leaving song on both the organ and the piano. Awesome.

Ce Matin La - an amazing choice!, I'd have wanted the whole of Moon Safari though.....

M xx
    Friday 13th May, 2011

i cant decide at all , i like feilds of gold but everyone is putting me off , i like soo many songs , i also like unchained melody by robson an jerome cos it bit more upbeat than the original but again ppl are saying u cant walk down the aisle to that , so still to decide on that one xx

Quote Originally Posted by AliLowe View Post
    I'm stuck on this one but have a while to decide.

I think I want the piper to play Amazing Grace when I walk in but H2B thinks it's naff!! What do you think?

Thinking of Highland Cathedral on the soft blown pipes during the signing of the register (or maybe us walking out). If we use Highland cathedral for exit music I have no idea what to use for the signing of the register!!!!!

xx
    Aw, Amazing Grace is gorgeous. My h2b hates it, though, so I'm not getting it played at all

Right, this is EXACTLY what we are having:

Arrival of guests/Groom and Best Man (wow, all 8 of them!!): Highland Laddie and Flower Of Scotland.
    Bride and Bridesmaids entry: Dr Hugh Gillies
    Signing of Register: Mull of the Mountains and O Luaidh
    Exit: Highland Cathedral

All these tunes, if not familiar, can be found on YouTube except Dr Hugh Gillies, that's a family tune. Mull of the Mountains is beautiful.

Hope that helps!! xxx

Quote Originally Posted by xmarksxangelx View Post
    i cant decide at all , i like feilds of gold but everyone is putting me off , i like soo many songs , i also like unchained melody by robson an jerome cos it bit more upbeat than the original but again ppl are saying u cant walk down the aisle to that , so still to decide on that one xx
    Why can't you have Roson and Jerome? It's up to you! xx

I am planning on entering to Fields of Gold played by a string quartet, why is everyone putting you off?

Lx

I am also having fields of gold by Eva Cassidy when we are signing the register as it was a special song to my mum who passed away 9 years ago, just hope it doesn't make me cry too much xx

seemingly they not songs u walk down the aisle to , ma dad wants me to choose soemthing both of us like , so is doing his best to put me off the songs i like xx

cancel that , think he wants me to choose something he wants , he said he should be able to help choose cos he father of the bride and my mum agrees with him xx

cancel that , think he wants me to choose something he wants , he said he should be able to help choose cos he father of the bride and my mum agrees with him xx
    Eh, naw......you're the bride! It's your entrance, therefore your choice!

exactly what i said to him , ended up just changing subject cos was gettin nowhere , he likes idea of a song that will surprise ppl and one that no a lot of ppl use , but i want a song that means something to me an h2b xx

Always thought The Proclaimers 'Lets Get Married' would be the one I'd have, but I found the bagpipe music to Grandpa's tune and I'm having that instead. xx