Thread: Julie Lamont Photography

Default Julie Lamont Photography

Has any used Julie Lamont before?

Any info gratefully appreciated, finding the photographer bit the least inspiring. We went to meet Julie's staff and they were lovely and just seemed perfect, but I don't want to just go booking the first one we met.

Although it is getting a drag trying to narrow down others to meet.

I have met her(well I think it was her...can't actually remember the girls names but there were two of them) at a wedding fayre.

Lovely lady and pictures but I thought she was very over priced! Just my opinion.

If you are comfortable with her and like the pictures then go with that.

If you want a female photographer, you could try Sharon Casey. She is fab and has a real talent. And if money nott oo much of an issue, Tom Gibson Photographers and Gordon McGowan would have been our 1st choices.

Why don't you pop down to SECC this weekend. Lots of great photographers will be there and many will offer a discount if you book on the day or shortly after. Worth a look, then you can do it all in a oner.
    Last edited by gregorysgirl; 18-09-2009 at 05:49 PM.

Default Julie Lamont Photography

Hiya .. I don't know of her work personally but have heard that she is very good but also very expensive. Suppose it depends on your budget as well.
    Ellegee
    xx

I haven't used her or know anybody that has but I did get her brochure before I booked my photographer.

Her pictures are stunning but found her a little bit expensive. It depends on your budget but I'm sure she'd do a great job for you.

Smile

I love Julie's pics. It was her that helped me decide on the Glenskirlie House. Back in Feb my H2B and I were at the fair in the concert hall and we had until that night to decide. She was kind enough to show us pics of the venues we were thinking of and some advice too. I like Gordon McGowan's pics. Really nice. Good luck!

Lisa x

Smile

we are using Julie Lamont for our wedding on July 22nd 2010 at the Glenbervie. Alot of our friends have used them before and the pictures were stunning and they found it difficult to choose which ones to put in their album.

They were really our 1st and only choice as we have been really impressed by the standard of work and service on the day.

Our photographer is Lyn, we met with her at the studio and she talked about the venues and gave some ideas of packages we could go for and showed us some pictures they had taken recently at the venues.

in my opinion they are def worth spending the extra money on. hope this helps.

I met with a girl at the studio of Julie Lamont and wasnt impressed at all. Im not sure of the womans name but i felt that she wasnt particularly interested in what we wanted and that we were very much just another pound sign to her, i did not feel comfortable at all. We were very much restricted with what we could do and i have saw photos just as good if not better for a far more reasonable price. I think personally you are paying for the studio and the name as oppossed tp the quality and personal service i have received with other photographers

We are going with Y Naught media who are fantastic so welcoming and the service is so personal again they arent the cheapest but you literally have an input in every single thing you get from choosing the pictures and exactly howyou would like them to sit in the album.

I would highly recommend Y Naught media.

Advertisers Gioia Mia and Pleyel Quartet's Avatar

From what I understand, it's a bit like an agency? There seems to be the name, and someone running it, and then the work is handed out to the photographers that they have on their books working for them?

If they are, that will explain why they are more expensive than other photographers. There will be an 'agency fee' of some kind, which is added on top of what they pay the photographer.

I have seen them at a lot of the big wedding fairs, and they have always had a big space there (which is really expensive to buy). So that's another cost which gets factored into the final total.

Hiya

I agree Julie Lamont does excellent work - there pictures are always stunning but like a lot of bigger more established photographers, your paying for the name not neciserrily the better quality or service!

We have decided on Donna Hall photography, she is lovely, really hit it off with her - does exactly what we are after and at a Very reasonable price too..

We had a look at Julie Lamont too, lovely photos and lovely studio - but with a price to match. You're paying for the studio and in-house graphic designers. We've booked V and A Creative Moments who do one of the same style albums for a fraction of the cost. They're husband and wife and Valerie is also doing the makeup and will be there all day for touch ups!

I seem to spend a lot of time outside Julie Lamonts shop as it's right next to my house. The photo's are always absolutely beautiful. However, it's very expensive and I'm not sure we could stomach paying that much money for photos. As it is, one of my mums pals with an art degree is doing our photos! If we weren't using her though we'd be using Premier in Hamilton. They're very good, very pleasant girls and everything we've ever seen from them is just gorgeous. They're much more reasonabley priced as well!

Lyn at Julie Lamont is fantastic and I can highly recommend her, she really made me feel at ease on the day and was very understanding with my situation after the wedding.

Super Senior Member

Hi,
    My H2B's family used Julie Lamont for some family portraits a few years ago (some of which are hanging on my wall!) and they turned out really nice. They were v expensive though and I have had others done a couple of times since by someone else who was recommended to me. I have also booked him for my wedding. His name is Ian and his number is 01698 818315. If you leave a message on his machine he'll call you back. He doesn't advertise to keep costs down and all his work is done by word of mouth. He came out to our house with loads of sample pictures and was v flexible about what we want. Hope this helps.