Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Body Blitz!

Super Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by fionajane View Post
    I need some encouragement! Don't know what happenend to me this weekend! I was really busy had a takeaway on Friday, a party filled with booze and buffet on Saturday, followed by a day of junk food to soothe the hangover on Sunday. Really disappointed in myself now...I put on 4lbs since last Sat. My wedding is in September but I have my 1st fitting at the start of July so I have 4 weeks to lose half a stone!! Can't believe I let myself down like this. The upper arms aren't getting any smaller but I was feeling a lot better about myself in general and now it's all gone a bit Pete Tong!!

I need any hints and tips I can get at the moment.
    Thanks ladies!!
    Firstly stop stressing about it!! :P We all have off weekends, I just had a week of it, best friend lost her mum , had the funeral then needed a few nights of wine and junk food to keep the sanity... but you can get it back, just draw a line under it and start again.

Do you have any Zumba toning classes near you? Great for the "bingo wings" and other bits that just need some tidying up, and I find its great to let off some steam too, tis worth looking up!

Stick a photo of your dress on the fridge door and the top of the biscuit tin! Don't over-obsess though, it just gets you down! Good Luck xx

I have just joined weightwatchers online- the propoints seem really good! Also keeping the running going, may attempt the 1/2 marathon in Sept! Was back up to 11 stone 7 at beginning of week (sad face) so attempt 2- here we go!

Also girls, it doesnt matter if we mess up! Just draw a line under it and start again!

Super Senior Member

hey kimbo, the WW online is really good. Thats what I've been using since Jan, not going to classes. Find it really helps in keeping the food diary for points. You can also get a free app for your iphone too? I always use that if I'm out and about to calculate the points in sandwiches and stuff. I have since got rid of all the leftovers to the bin! start again ...

Yeah I got the app, its fab!!

Thanks for that. Line is drawn....................................
    went out for a jog this morning and I'm aiming to do the same tomorrow as i have a wedding to go to on Saturday
    I know everyone says it but as of Monday I'm back on it!!

I have never heard of Zumba toning classes, just Zumba. I'll go have a look for that!

Fionajane, if there's any bootcamps near you you should go along to they are awesome, great for inch loss, toning and getting your fitness levels up - although bit of warning - they can be addictive lol! They also give you nutrition advice and lots of exercises you can do at home, particularly during tv ad breaks!! X

Super Senior Member

Ladies I tell you what. The 'fiance with appendicitis' diet is a winner. I've barely eaten in three days with worry :-( He's on the mend now though

How is everyone doing? This weather is RUBBISH for running in!!

Super Senior Member

Hey Kimbo, I'm 1lb away from target! That's 2 stone in 6 months. Had a few sticky weeks there, but last 2 weeks has been good. Got a bad weekend coming up, so it might go back up. But still ok for getting to target in mid-july. I've gone off the running, bored, so gone back to the gym for some cross trainer and cycling, Loving the pilates, doing it twice a week now. Also thinking about joining a body pump class, or Hot Yoga seems to be popular right now

Hot yoga?? Well done by the way, you have done so well!!

Super Senior Member

Its Bikram yoga. It's yoga done in a room that's heated like a sauna. The theory is its better for your muscles as you're warm, less likely to pull muscles. As well as burning more calories, so more like a workout than a normal yoga session. I

Not sure about edinburgh, but there's a place in glasgow that does it

http://www.bikramyogawestend.com/