Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Body Blitz!

Default Body Blitz!

I have now got the motivation to finally shift these few excess pounds! I thought, more for my motivation I would start my own thread tracking my progress, ups and downs! I am hoping to do the 10K in May and another 10k or even half marathon in september. I have 20 pounds to lose and have given myself 20 weeks!

So: starting weight 11 stone 5, BMI 24.9. target weight 10stone (BMI 22). So not loads to lose, but its these last few pounds which are the hardest to shift. Have a major wobbly bum which I hope to zap!!

Feel free to join in or add comments.

Here I go!!
    Last edited by kimbo; 15-04-2011 at 01:38 PM. Reason: typo

Go you!!!! :-)

I was planning on doing the 10k in May too but it turns out i have a wedding on the Saturday, i thought it was the Friday - i can't resist some good food and drink at a wedding lol!! Will need to sign up for the next one in Sept instead! Xx
    <3 11th August 2012 <3

Good luck kimbo, ill keep watching ur progress cos you sound similar to myself

Super Senior Member

Hope you get to your goal! I was 11.7lb at the start of January. I'm now 10.3lbs today. Through a combination of exercise and weightwatchers I've lost 18 lbs in 10 weeks..... so it can be done!!

well done comingupfromengland!! thats such an achievement!! :-)

Super Senior Platinum Member BalbirnieDreamer's Avatar

Well done comingupfromengland!

I've gone from 12st9.5lb (BMI 27.1) to 11st4lb (BMI 24) in 9 weeks (well 10 weeks but stayed the same at last weigh-in). I'm following weight watchers along with zumba classes and moonwalk training. Hoping to get down to 10st (BMI 21.3)- don't want to go below that as I'm tall and don't want to look ill! Haven't really set myself a deadline. Wedding is not until next June but hoping to get to goal weight this year then maintaining.
    Good luck kimbo!
    Lx
    Last edited by BalbirnieDreamer; 22-03-2011 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Wrote oz instead of lb! You can tell I've been writing baby weights on placement all day lol!
    Craig and Laura's Wedding Website
    16th of June 2012

ooo how did you maange to do that comingupfromengland?
    im currently 9stone3lbs (BMI 21.1) and i would love to be back to 8 stone3lbs (BMI 18.8) before 1st july...
    do you think this is doable...?

xx
    July 25th 2011 <3

Your slim emough already ahoy2be!! Be careful!!

Super Senior Member

great stuff Balbirniedreamer!

ahoy2be, BMI of 18 is right at the bottom of the scale. Its doable if you eat healthily and don't starve yourself and you'll probably need to exercise a lot! Sometimes your body decides what weight its happy at, and speaking as someone who can never remember being less than 9.7 in the last 15 years I think that 9.10 is probably where my body is happy at long term. BMI is a very general indicator anyway, as you should do it with how you feel, and how your clothes sit on you. I measure body fat percentage rather than BMI. I was 31% body fat, now I'm 27%. My aim is to get to about 24%. Muscle is heavier than fat, so you can be very toned and slim but have a high BMI because you weigh more.

Simple answer on losing weight? Willpower

and the willingness to make changes to what I eat and how much exercise I do. Honestly, I would love to have a sausage bap every morning for breakfast instead of porridge. But will continue to put weight on if I do that.

I'm no expert, but I've been reading up a lot on this. I have 2/3 days a week that I'm really really good. No treats, probably v boring food, not much carb. Then I have 2/3 days a week that I eat moderately, not so strict, but no treats. Then I have 1 day a week that I splurge, so have a takeaway with some wine, or that Burger and chips. That way you don't feel your constantly on a diet, that you get to eat some nice things and your body never feels like its starving. If you really cut down your food intake you won't lose weight as eventually your body will think its starving.

Over the weeks I've had thai takeaways, burgers, reasonable amount of wine! cake. But probably only about 1 day a week, and if I have a bad day I get right back on it the next day, and don't say, och I'll start again next Monday. Usually I try not to have a whole bad day, so if I know I'm going out that night, I'll have a v boring breakfast and lunch, say cereal, then a plain chicken salad for lunch

Lots of protein, not too much carbs. I try to eat as close to 6pm as possible during the week and no later. I try not to have too many carbs in the evening either. So if I was making chicken pasta for dinner, I would give myself more chicken and less pasta in my portion if that makes sense?

Sorry, I could go on for ages!

p.s - I'm 5ft 6, so my aim is to get to 9.4 by the wedding. so that would be BMI of 20 I think, so same as you Balbriniedreamer and kimbo, we should start a club on here to keep ourselves motivated and swap recipes!

Super Senior Platinum Member BalbirnieDreamer's Avatar

I second all of the above!
    Lx
    Craig and Laura's Wedding Website
    16th of June 2012

Anyone else doing or fancy doing the 5k race for life in June? I plan on doing that then hopefully build up to the 10k in September!

Quote Originally Posted by comingupfromengland View Post
    great stuff Balbirniedreamer!

Lots of protein, not too much carbs. I try to eat as close to 6pm as possible during the week and no later. I try not to have too many carbs in the evening either. So if I was making chicken pasta for dinner, I would give myself more chicken and less pasta in my portion if that makes sense?
    Carbs are definately my downfall. I don't get home from work until 6.30 most nights and my staple dinner is chicken with pasta and sauce or chicken with rice and sauce!! Does anyone have any carb alternative ideas for dinner time?

iŽll do it with you Gayle! pm me x

If you are just starting up running girls I totally recommend a book by Zest magazine called 'Running made easy'. I went from major unfitness to a sub 1 hr 10K in about 4 months a couple of years ago and still use the book. It has great 5K/10K/1/2marathon and marathon plans. My problem is I lose all my good work over the winter as I dont like running in the dark/rain ... Just need to get over that and Ill be laughing!

Gayle, if you use this book, you will be 1/2 marathon fit by September :-D

Super Senior Member

couple of ideas

I did my first 5k last year for Race for Life. I used the Couch to 5k plan. Its free and I just printed it off the internet. They also have an iphone app
    http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

It took 10 weeks, and at the beginning you think you can do more, but stick with it. Its a slow build. I was really surprised and I went from not being able to run for more than 2 mins without being out of breath to running my first 5k in 30mins and 8 seconds!
    They also have a facebook page for motivation from other 1st timers

For the carbs in the evening question, there's probably not much alternative if you like bulking up meals with potatoes and pasta. I think I've managed to sustain my weight loss because I have my carbs at lunchtime if possible. So I have pasta or baked potato at lunch, then I have a protein heavy meal in the evening. So, at dinner I'm eating grilled chicken with vegetables but no potatoes, just a bigger helping of veg! I have been doing mashed butternut squash or cauliflower in too as thats quite similar in consistency to mashed potato. If you do want pasta, then try doing 2/3 chicken and only 1/3 pasta in the meal. And I know its boring but weigh the portions! You'll be surprised at how little an actual pasta portion size really is. Should be about 150g when cooked.

I now don't have to weigh as I can see roughly the portion size I should be eating. e.g. when I first weighed my special k the actual portion size should be 30g. I had been giving myself closer to 50g!

Once you weigh a few times you won't need to bother as you'll get used to it by sight.

Would love to join you all for the 5k, but down here in England. Was actually thinking of joining the Marie Curie Ben Nevis climb in July!

Hey thought I would join in this for some motivation. Wedding is now 9 weeks away! Eeek!! Am down to 10st(bmi 24) from 11st 7 in about 6 months. However have hit my wall and am desperate to lose another 7lbs before the big day - so am ramping up the gym sessions (trying to go at least 4 times a week) and have toughened up on my diet as had been letting it slip over the past few weeks! Also am trying flabelos - hopefully the pounds will just jiggel away . Any advice on what else can do would be much appreciated.

Hey I'd like to join this thread for some motivation too. I've signed up for the 10K in May and have done next to no training so far! Kimbo - thanks for the book recommendation - I'm off to order it from Amazon now... might still be struggling a bit in May but hopefully I'll be fitter for the September run! I promised myself that as soon as we got engaged that I'd start with the whole healthy eating/fitness thing but it didn't really happen. Hopefully we can all give each other some extra motivation on here

Go for it DrDog, let me know what you think of it!!

Good on u kimbo!!! i have started doing Zumba its amazing!! im the same i have a wobbly bum which i hate and a big belly hopefully with dancing my way fit it wont be to long till i have a smaller figure! Good luck! x

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fionajane View Post
    Carbs are definately my downfall. I don't get home from work until 6.30 most nights and my staple dinner is chicken with pasta and sauce or chicken with rice and sauce!! Does anyone have any carb alternative ideas for dinner time?
    im the same, im such a fussy eater too. its all pasta and chicken i eat. i love bread too. im actually about to go make a cup of tea and have a scone lol

i was about 9.4 at christmas and lost about half a stone, but been really bad the past 2 weeks and have put on a couple pounds so im sitting about 8.13. i couldnt get past 8.10, so i guess that's my ideal weight - just need to tone up i guess. but the couple lbs iv put on have made me feel really fat perhaps its just coming up for my time of the month, but i feel huge lol. and guess im comfort eating a bit. got one week left at school - concert week, so a few late nights. but then im off for the easter hols, so gonna bust a gut and do loads of exercise hopefully! x

Hey, I've also been getting some help from future mrs c husband to be, first weigh in this morning and lost 3lbs this week!! Very chuffed with myself. I don't have heaps to lose but want to be more toned. Go to the gym and do 2 bootcamp sessions per week but think I might sign up to something to aim for, my brothers trying to rope me into a half marathon in September but to be honest I think he's just trying to kill me!! Get a wee day off the diet today (without going too mental!) and back to it tomorrow

Well done Debbie!!

I have only lost 1/2 a pound this week, but at least its off and not on!! Im taking measurements from 8 set points on my body and have lost 3 inches this week and for me, this is the most important thing!!

Admittedly, I could have done more exercise this week, but have ended up workling 7 days this week and only ran twice! And diet, did well, but was TOTM during the week and I find it hard to resist carbs and choc at that time!

Anyway, its a move in the right direction, hope to do better next week!!

Kimbo x

Well done Kimbo - 3 inches is a great result.

Had a look at that book you suggested online the other day. I've actually got two apps for my iPhone to coach me back up to 5k and 10k. Used the 5k one last summer and was doing 5k in about half an hour. Thankfully that's the lighter nights here now so I can get back into it.

Hi,
    I lost 3 lbs with Future Mrs C's Future husband too! I did 3 runs, zumba and callenetics so I'm shattered this weekend. Glad with the results. I don't have too much more to lose between now and September, I think 8lbs is do-able if I keep it up but that will be the hard part I think. It's the toning up bit I really have to work hard at!

Cheers kimbo, well done you aswel - 3 inches is a great start, I took all my measurements at the start aswel leaving few weeks in-between re-taking them. This week has been hard, I'm so used to eating carbs and snacking on them aswel that it's been quite a shock to the system this week and the first few days I was really low in energy and a bit light headed but felt better towards the end of the week so hoping this week will be a bit easier. Htb on a bit of a health kick just now and is hitting the gym a lot so gives me motivation although sure the words 'hope you choke on it' were muttered when he tucked into a cream egg yesterday lol!!! Im usually quite good in that I never eat chocolate/crisps/cakes etc but the smell of his creme egg Definately tested the willpower! X