Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Wedding night

Quote Originally Posted by mazgillies View Post
    28 days til my wedding day.........and guess where I am at the moment. There shall be no action on my wedding night
    Hope you're alright :S

Yeah, I'm fine thanks....just look at my previous posts in this thread and you'll see where I'm coming from...

you can get something from doctors to delay them x

We had some pills to delay it on our holiday to Egypt, but while they worked, I didn't feel so well :-S

In what way did they not agree with you scribblemouse? That's put me off!! I'm reluctant to do anything to be honest with you. We've been trying to get pregnant for over a year, and have an appt at the hospital the day after the wedding. Kinda think I'll leave things as they are.

If you're on the combined pill you can just continue with another pack (take no 7 day break) with no ill effects.

If not then as xmarksxangelx says you GP or family planning clinic can give you some norethisterone tablets to delay your period.

Ignore the comment about the combined pill- I've just updated and seen your newest post!!

The norethisterone just delays ovulation, it doesn't stop it completely. A small number of people feel a bit icky with it as its a hormone but it's only a small number. If you feel icky you just stop taking it and your period comes 2-3 days later
    xx
    Last edited by MissL2MrsH; 26-05-2011 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Post updated and info wasn't appropriate!

When do you start taking it? I get married in 27 days!

In what way did they not agree with you scribblemouse? That's put me off!! I'm reluctant to do anything to be honest with you. We've been trying to get pregnant for over a year, and have an appt at the hospital the day after the wedding. Kinda think I'll leave things as they are.
    I'm sorry, I didn't mean to worry you there! I felt like I was on pause, at how I felt at a certain point in my cycle - randomly depressed for no reason. It wasn't too severe; I just felt down for no apparent reason at all, a bit mopey. It was fairly easy to deal with though - whenever I felt down, I'd say to myself, "Well, I'm on holiday, woo!"

My sister, on the other hand, seemed to be stuck at the part of her cycle where she was more, shall we say, irritable than usual. This was a good combination for room-sharing!

I'm sorry I didn't elaborate before: I wasn't sure what to say about it. I wouldn't let my experience put you off - everything went back to normal once we stopped taking the pills, and it was all fine. I'm on implanon now and have no periods, so that's one less thing to worry about for the big day.

I'd say that if you're worried about taking anything, maybe best not to, just to save the worry.

I hope the hospital appointment goes well

When do you start taking it? I get married in 27 days!
    We started taking ours about a week before the holiday, if I remember correctly. This was a few years ago though, so they might have something new by now.

Thanks for the info Scribblemouse. Think what I'll do is, get the prescription from the Doctor and wait until a couple of days before the wedding. if my period hasn't arrived by the Monday I'll take the tablets. If it arrives on the Monday, it'll be light and bearable on the Wednesday, which is the day we get married. I'm fine today, so it bodes well for the day after the wedding when we'll feel possibly feel human after all the festivities!!

You need to start taking it three days before the anticipated start dateof your period for it to work x

Super Senior Member

This is exactly what bothers me! My cycle varies, anything from 15 days to 50 (literally, no exaggeration) so I've no idea what will happen for the wedding - pretty much pot luck! I can't take the pill (I get really sick) and I was on the Depo injection for 7 years so not allowed back on that.

Don't want anything long term as we are having a short engagement specifically so we can start a family pretty quickly after we're married... I just have to hope my luck wins through!

Not just for the wedding night (he'll pass out as soon as he gets his shoes off!) but just for the day itself, I don't want to to be standing there with cramp killing me... :-(

I'm heading to the doc at 12 to find out my options....will let you know. Might be the solution for you, too Clairebear xxxx

Super Senior Member

mazgillies good luck at the doctors hope they can do something for you xx

Thank you! Will be back on tonight and will tell you all what they say. At least if one of us goes and passes on the info it might help someone else in the same predicament! x

Will be interested to see what he says.

xx

Super Senior Member

I'm heading to the doc at 12 to find out my options....will let you know. Might be the solution for you, too Clairebear xxxx
    Ooh yes if you wouldn't mind letting us know what they say, that's smashing. Hope you can find a solution that works for you!

Got that norethisterone, I have to start taking it on the 19th and she's given me enough to see me past our wedding party on the 2nd July (we get married on the 22nd June, though!). Doc was fantastic, and told me that it shouldn't mess up my cycle. I hope not!!

Got that norethisterone, I have to start taking it on the 19th and she's given me enough to see me past our wedding party on the 2nd July (we get married on the 22nd June, though!). Doc was fantastic, and told me that it shouldn't mess up my cycle. I hope not!!
    She's absolutely right, it won' affect your cycle and by taking it on the 22nd it will prevent your period.

Glad you got it sorted- one less thing to worry about

xx

Just read the side effects. OMG!!!! Not acne again!

Aww you should be OK! We didn't get any side-effects (other than the strange moods. . .)

I always advise people not to read the list of side effects- people would never take any medicines if they read that first!!

They have to put every side effect that people have ever experienced whilst taking the medication- it's unlikely that it will happen if you're only taking it for a little while

xx

Advertisers Timelessweddingconsultant's Avatar

I wouldn't worry about it, on my wedding night my husband and I were abs shattered so much so that my husband had fallen asleep and I had to call my mum up to the bridal suite to get the buttons undone on my dress! Romantic Huh? LOL!

Samantha x
    Last edited by Timelessweddingconsultant; 07-06-2011 at 11:26 PM.

Super Senior Member

We're both planning on getting changed before the night time do so that'll give us half an hour away from the all the party and hubbub - not for anything to happen, just a quiet half hour before we're back in party mode! Like you all said, we have our whole lives to get up to whatever we want and the reason we're inviting people is because we want to share the celebration - but I do think half an hour away to have a conversation and breath a sigh will help us enjoy the party!

Too right, you'll be so busy during the day you won't have a chance to catch up properly and you should take time to savour the most important day of your lives.