Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Wedding night

This thread is brilliant LOL. I had said to hubby we should at least make an effort on our wedding night but would see how we felt. I had a fantasy all planned out that we would still have our wedding dress and kilt on!

stayed up until around 4am when we eventually went to bed and then didn't actually get into bed to sleep until 5.30am!

I think all the excitement of the day fuels your adrenaline and i did not want the day to end, therefore was drawing it out as long as possible

I have to say I am actually shocked that some of you are planning on sneaking away on your wedding day! I think it is pretty rude to have 120 people who have come to your special day for you to just disappear for any length of time - i would be miffed if i was a guest and this happened. And asking my OH he feels the same. I understand this is 'our' day but it is also a day for our family and friends too and I think I would rather we were all together having fun.

Just my opinion and I'm guessing its a minority opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by Heatherbelle View Post
    I have to say I am actually shocked that some of you are planning on sneaking away on your wedding day! I think it is pretty rude to have 120 people who have come to your special day for you to just disappear for any length of time - i would be miffed if i was a guest and this happened. And asking my OH he feels the same. I understand this is 'our' day but it is also a day for our family and friends too and I think I would rather we were all together having fun.

Just my opinion and I'm guessing its a minority opinion!
    I agree with you. Besides, I wouldn't want to miss any of our wedding day. Plenty time for the other stuff after the wedding, but there's only one wedding day.

I agree as well. There's a time and a place, and when you have guests, that just aint the time!

We are paying for and hosting our wedding ourselves so we will be out and about with our guests, introducing people and catching up with friends and relatives, many of whom have taken time off work, driven for hours or caught flights to be with us on our wedding day AND bought us very generous gifts - therefore we will be present for the whole event.

I always thought that's what the honeymoon was for??

M xx
    Friday 13th May, 2011

I think there is a pressure that you "should" be "making time" for h2b as it is the wedding night, but so many of my friends have said by they time they eventually got back to their room they just wanted there pyjamas on and some sleep.

I certainly won't be putting any pressue on me or h2b on the wedding night, and wouldn't sneak away during the reception either. xx
    2nd September 2011

Super Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maisie View Post
    I agree as well. There's a time and a place, and when you have guests, that just aint the time!

We are paying for and hosting our wedding ourselves so we will be out and about with our guests, introducing people and catching up with friends and relatives, many of whom have taken time off work, driven for hours or caught flights to be with us on our wedding day AND bought us very generous gifts - therefore we will be present for the whole event.

I always thought that's what the honeymoon was for??

M xx
    In the early stages of planning I did consider the idea of sneaking away too, v romantic I thought, but came round to this way of thinking before the big day. Your guests are too important and time is too precious on the day to be wasting it having it off with each other

I'm glad I'm not alone then! I agree for the same reasons you have all put.

I actually would think it was the opposite of romantic - a quick tumble is hardly what I would class as romance - more lust.

But each to their own and every relationship is different!

ive told my h2b after its all over n done with we can have millions of fun, but theres not a chance my dress is going to get ruined half way through the day!

its up to everyone how and when they do the deed on the day but im going to be celebrating with all our family and if it happens later on then it happens and if not we have a lovely 3 week honeymoon for that xxxx

Planning til my head pops

I'm not actually setting out to have sex on my wedding night! Does that sound awful? Its just that, it will be our 8 year anniversary as a couple the day we get married and its not like we've not done it before lol

I'm not going to drink in case it happens that we do but I honestly don't mind either way. I have a feeling that stress may delay my period and then when the wedding day finally comes so will it (which would totally ruin my day actually as I get really ill ) So hopefully that won't happen but as someone mentioned above, you've got the whole honeymoon to go at it like rabbits, its okay if you're too tired on the night!!

Platinum Member

i had this chat with h2b the other day. asking him what were the chances. he's got ME so the wedding day will be tiring enough so he honestly said almost definitely not. i just wondered how much to spend on my 'evening' wear! think i'll go for comfort and cute rather than sexy and uncomfy!! cant wait to just curl up in bed with my new husband

I think most is tongue in cheek lol...... I certainly intend to sneak away with my hubby on the day, not necessarily for any hanky panky but because the day will be so overwhelming and so many people to see and catch up with, and I think we need to have some 'us' time on 'our' day. Most of my married friends have suggested to me that we both sneak away for half an hour just to take stock and have a bit of quiet time as the day totally flies in, and outwith your vows and first dance, you barely havea minute just to talk and say 'wow... we just got married'
    Last edited by meegs; 17-04-2011 at 12:04 AM. Reason: wrong quote lol

Quote Originally Posted by meegs View Post
    I think most is tongue in cheek lol...... I certainly intend to sneak away with my hubby on the day, not necessarily for any hanky panky but because the day will be so overwhelming and so many people to see and catch up with, and I think we need to have some 'us' time on 'our' day. Most of my married friends have suggested to me that we both sneak away for half an hour just to take stock and have a bit of quiet time as the day totally flies in, and outwith your vows and first dance, you barely havea minute just to talk and say 'wow... we just got married'
    That's a good point. We have so few guests on our wedding day (8!!!!) that we would be missed if we sneaked off, but I doubt anyone will object if we take 15 mins to ourselves to go for a walk.

Im thinking that we wont be sneaking off for anything naughty during the day!! But I am looking forward to having a moment together alone on the way from the Church to the Reception venue. We have to travel about an hour!! I told my H2B about this thread and asked what he thought!!! I thougt he would be dissapointed if nothing happened on our wedding night but he said we probably wouldn't feel like it and the next morning or even on the honeymoon would be fine!!! I'm feeling a little dissapointed now!!! lol!

Fxx
    xxx Bob&Fiona 5/11/11 xxx

I read somewhere that only 25% of couples consummate their marriage on their wedding night!!!

In this day and age where people have lived together prior etc etc, I think our main objective on the wedding night will be to enjoy the colossal party we have spent a year planning (we are also both very much party people!) and spend as much time with our nearest and dearest. I do think the morning after in the tub idea sounds ideal though - best of both worlds then, haha! ;-)

I also think it depends on if / when you are honeymooning. We are jetting off on our HM the very next day for 3 weeks so I think the wedding night pressure will be off.

He'd better put out lol...... No danger he's gonna be looking all sexy in his kilt and getting away with it haha. Think we might sneak off for a wee hour while the party is going on. Not marrying him for his money lol
    LOL!! I'm with you on this one!!! hehe xxx

I think I'd just have to sneak away, just for a few minutes, if only to spend some alone time together and have a breather from all the excitement. Yes, everyone would have travelled to come see me on the special day, but on the other hand, I'm paying for their dinner and entertainment! I'm sure there wouldn't be an outrage. Especially if it was during some songs we didn't care too much about at the disco (I'm willing to be most wouldn't notice us sneaking off).

And if I happen to jump on him while I'm there, well, who's going to know?

Quote Originally Posted by Scribblemouse View Post
    I think I'd just have to sneak away, just for a few minutes, if only to spend some alone time together and have a breather from all the excitement. Yes, everyone would have travelled to come see me on the special day, but on the other hand, I'm paying for their dinner and entertainment! I'm sure there wouldn't be an outrage. Especially if it was during some songs we didn't care too much about at the disco (I'm willing to be most wouldn't notice us sneaking off).

And if I happen to jump on him while I'm there, well, who's going to know?
    LIKE LIKE lol....... Come on SWD, get us a like button on here haha

Super Senior Member

Lol this thread's great! I have to admit, we've been together for nearly 9 years and have to children together so that ship has certainly sailed with the sex before marriage senario lol. It's gonna be a long day and i know we'll be knackered but i also know i'll be a bit miffed if he falls asleep once in our room haha. Won't be sneaking away though as i'm only getting married once and can have the sex part for ever x
    Wedding booked for 1/10/2011

Super Senior Member

For those saying it's rude to leave guests for a bit of action with new hubby.... If i'm paying several thousand pounds for a wedding and they're getting a free meal and a party out of it.... they can give me 20 mins to get my end away!!!!!!

Huzzah :-D

Lol.... so true, let them mingle and enjoy the entertainment xx

Quote Originally Posted by Kazia14 View Post
    For those saying it's rude to leave guests for a bit of action with new hubby.... If i'm paying several thousand pounds for a wedding and they're getting a free meal and a party out of it.... they can give me 20 mins to get my end away!!!!!!

Huzzah!

I was talking to my best mate's H2B and he said that she's budgeted 100 for wedding undies so he better be seeing them haha. A few of my pals were quite surprised when i said i don't expect to be getting any on my wedding night. The idea of doing so because you're "supposed to" after being up since stupid o clock and gone through many bottles of wine is even exhausting.
    05/08/12 - In your face Dad, someone is stupid enough to marry me.

28 days til my wedding day.........and guess where I am at the moment. There shall be no action on my wedding night

Quote Originally Posted by Kazia14 View Post

Almost spat out my tea laughing! Love it!
    ~ x July 3 2011 x ~

I love it !!! Our shifts have changed this week for the worse so between now and November our time together will be limited. Im sure that during the course of the day we will both need to slip away and "freshen up" !!!! Even if its for a cuddle, I would just like 5 mins to slip away and have some us time. I dont think its being rude but I would also like time to people watch my guests too. Although we live together, most days we will see little if any of each other so when we do have time it will be like dating again. Tomorrow is our first date night and we are off to the theatre. Now as for later that night........................