Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Wedding night

Super Senior Platinum Member BalbirnieDreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs H to be View Post
    Maz, I hope you don't think I'm being too personal, but you can tell me to bugger off if I am! Are you on the pill? If so, could you not keep taking your pills without taking a break, so that you can avoid mother nature? If you're not on the pill, there is definitely something you can get from the doctor that delays it for a few days. My sister used it once for a holiday, and it really helped...I'm sure she started taking it a few days before she went away, and took it for the whole duration, then stopped when she got back and everything returned to normal afterwards. Maybe go and see your doctor?

I would hate to be on for the wedding, so will be avoiding it at all costs! :-) As you say, H2B will be looking far too gorgeous... ;-)
    xx
    The medication you can get to stop your period coming is Norethisterone 5mg. You need to take it 3 times a day starting 3 days before your period is due and your period will come 2-3 days after you stop taking. It doesn't affect fertility but its delaying ovulation so if you are trying to conceive, its probably best to avoid as it'll change all your dates etc! Mother nature always picks her times badly with me so I've had it a few times! Used to be a pharmacy tech so knew about it and just asked my GP. I suffer really heavy, painful monthly's so hate being unwell on holiday etc! Going by my dates, I think I'll need to visit the doctor before the wedding lol!
    Lx
    Last edited by BalbirnieDreamer; 14-03-2011 at 07:22 PM.
    Craig and Laura's Wedding Website
    16th of June 2012

LOL! What a brilliant thread haha! Well, i know for a fact that i'll be exhausted, we have all night residents bar and me and h2b are party animals (well me deffo lol!) and we have alot of family coming from down south and abroad so we'll no doubt be up til the small hours. However, since the kids will be away with my new inlaws, you never know where the mood might take us haha! I can soo hear my h2b giving it all, first (you know what!) as man and wife lol! x
    4th June 2011

Just to add a man's perspective..... Was showing H2B this thread and asked his opinions..... The response was....
    For what we are paying for this hotel, i'll be swinging from the chandeliers.....
    Bring it on lol

Quote Originally Posted by meegs View Post
    Just to add a man's perspective..... Was showing H2B this thread and asked his opinions..... The response was....
    For what we are paying for this hotel, i'll be swinging from the chandeliers.....
    Bring it on lol
    Hahahahaha! Brilliant!

So going to give you all a wee treat after reading some of these posts...

Me and the Fiance have been waiting till the wedding night for our first time. Im not going to lie its the most difficult thing ever but it will just make the wedding night even more special... and then weve got a 2 weeks honeymoon
    The wedding night...im nervous about it actually! But it will be getting done...i think itll be really romantic

x
    July 25th 2011 <3

Fair play to you. You must be so nervous and excited. My sister's friend was the same, her and her man had been together 5 years when they got married. They were really glad they waited until their wedding night and I think it is really romantic.
    Saying that, no way I could do it.

Quote Originally Posted by delgirl8 View Post
    Well my and my H2B are not big drinkers and will probably only have 1 or 2 each! And my H2B will also be looking very gorgeous in his kilt!! We are hoping to make the most of the wedding night and I actually planned the wedding date based on mother nature!! I made sure we got married when I would be finished!! Therefore no interruptions!! :P We are also hoping for a wee honeymoon baby! Altho my friends cousin got married and they disappeared for 2 hours and my friend went outside looking for them and at that moment they climbed out of the wedding cars fixing themselves!! Hilarious! We're not having wedding cars but may sneak off for an hour or two when the party at night kicks off!!!!
    Fiona xxx
    We're the same! Both not big drinkers, so we certainly will not be letting alcohol get in the way of our special night!

Having said that, I do agree with the other girls in terms of not feeling under pressure. We have been together for 7 years, so although it would be nice on our wedding night, neither of us would be too bothered if it didn't happen (but I think it will!!!)

Some of you have mentioned about being tired ... and yes, we probably will be. But just remember, with all the excitement, we'll be running on adrenalin!! We are also hoping on a honeymoon baby ... so we'll be looking to get started asap after the wedding!! x x x

* Becomes Mrs P on 25/06/2011!! *

I am thinking we are going to be to tired, however planning to sneak away to our room at some point for a bit of fun

He'd better put out lol...... No danger he's gonna be looking all sexy in his kilt and getting away with it haha. Think we might sneak off for a wee hour while the party is going on. Not marrying him for his money lol
    Looool...LOOOOOVE IT!!! That PROPERLY made me laugh out loud...I am EXACTLY the same...but I doubt it'll be that big a deal to OH...or perhaps not...Loool!!!

I KNOW I won'y be slipping away though...TOO much partying to be done!!

Vx

Love all these posts, usually drink makes me want to sleep, not sure how i will be on the night of the wedding. I was at my cousins wedding in December. Can you believe the Bride and Groom were still up partying all night/morning, the hotel we stayed in kept the bar open. I had to call it a day at 5.45am. Thats the Irish for you. X

Quote Originally Posted by BalbirnieDreamer View Post
    The medication you can get to stop your period coming is Norethisterone 5mg. You need to take it 3 times a day starting 3 days before your period is due and your period will come 2-3 days after you stop taking. It doesn't affect fertility but its delaying ovulation so if you are trying to conceive, its probably best to avoid as it'll change all your dates etc! Mother nature always picks her times badly with me so I've had it a few times! Used to be a pharmacy tech so knew about it and just asked my GP. I suffer really heavy, painful monthly's so hate being unwell on holiday etc! Going by my dates, I think I'll need to visit the doctor before the wedding lol!
    Lx
    Sorry, just noticed your reply. Really?? Will be getting myself off to the docs. If it doesn't arrive just before or on the day of the wedding, it'll be those precious few days after.

It works great, I've had it a few times for holidays abroad.

I'll be gettin it again around wedding/honeymoon time.

5 YEARS????
    Wow...how is that for willpower eh *lol*
    Anita & Grant 26th of May 2011

I'd have to see how tired I was on the night, but if it didn't happen, I wouldn't be devastated :-3 Got the rest of my life to [insert euphamism here]!

That said, we're already talking about having a second night in the hotel, so we have a guaranteed chilling-out day, rather than having a huge party and then having to check out at 11 or 12 the next morning. I reckon we'll have all the time we want to get our money's worth of the jacuzzi :-D

Super Senior Member mackinnon.ka's Avatar

I definitely think some mischief is in order at somepoint in the day, whether you sneak away, manage to stay awake all night, or go for it in the morning - where's the fun in being well behaved on your wedding day?!
    ~*01/08/2011 was the most magical day of my life *~

I've just told the OH about this thread and apparently we wont be doing it either. He will be knackered as he has worked so hard arranging (....err....errr.....errrr.....nothing!!!) for this wedding that he is just going to crash out on the bed.

Super Senior Member

This thread made me smile, and brings me back to the night myself and my H2B got engaged. We were staying in a hotel and after celebrating with our friends with a few too many champagnes we sneaked back to our room for some 'action' ... that action turned out to be me having a cup of tea after he blacked out face down on the bed. I assume that's how the wedding night will go!

Seriously though, we'll have the rest of our days to get down to it.... it's not the end of the World if we don't on the wedding night

Quote Originally Posted by mackinnon.ka View Post
    I definitely think some mischief is in order at somepoint in the day, whether you sneak away, manage to stay awake all night, or go for it in the morning - where's the fun in being well behaved on your wedding day?!
    My beau is determined to try and sneak us away at some point! :-D I figure if we can't sneak, we just tell people we're going to take some romantic photos together or something lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Kazia14 View Post
    This thread made me smile, and brings me back to the night myself and my H2B got engaged. We were staying in a hotel and after celebrating with our friends with a few too many champagnes we sneaked back to our room for some 'action' ... that action turned out to be me having a cup of tea after he blacked out face down on the bed. I assume that's how the wedding night will go!
    hahahaha! That made me proper laugh!! xx

Quote Originally Posted by Kazia14 View Post

Seriously though, we'll have the rest of our days to get down to it.... it's not the end of the World if we don't on the wedding night
    I'm a bit like that lol! Me and h2b went down to our venue for Valentines night, had an amazing dinner, loads of champers and then back to the room for me to put on the big white fluffy dressing gown, 'practice our church kiss' then I was out for the count!

Woke up still in big white fluffy dressing gown and felt terrible lol!
    ~ x July 3 2011 x ~

This thread has been fantastic- thank you girls! When H2B said he thought he'd be out for the count on our wedding night I must admit I was a little disappointed. But you guys have made me realise that after a long day and several glasses of champagne I may well be the exact same- and there's nothing wrong with that! As you say, we have the rest of our lives (and the honeymoon!) to make up for any lost time!

Super Senior Member

Well, we nearly made it. He really liked the boudoir shots that I gave him when we got back to our room, but we decided to go for a soak in the tub and drink some champagne. Nothing happened after that as we were too tired, but you know, it didn't matter at all. It was the best day of our lives and hey we had the mini-moon!... xx

Bring it on lol
    hahahahahahahahahahahahaha LOVE IT!!!! That actually sounds like my H2B!! so funny!! x x

Quote Originally Posted by mazza.g View Post
    Love all these posts, usually drink makes me want to sleep, not sure how i will be on the night of the wedding. I was at my cousins wedding in December. Can you believe the Bride and Groom were still up partying all night/morning, the hotel we stayed in kept the bar open. I had to call it a day at 5.45am. Thats the Irish for you. X
    We have a lot of Irish coming over for the wedding and the other half is Irish, so I think we will also be up late and having a few drinks, i won't want the night to end. One of his sisters got married las April, and they were up in the bar until 4am! so i can see us falling into bed, and having lots of fun in the morning in the huge jacuzzi bath that is in our on-suite!!!
    07-06-2012

Well we'd planned to but BIL came to the wedding sick and gave everyone a nasty vomiting bug so my first night as a married woman was spent dealing with a very sick and miserable groom, my second was spent throwing up in my parents house. It took a while til we got round to consummating the marriage but it was worth the wait. Seriously considering booking the bridal suite for our 1st aniversary though