Thread: Help :(

Default Help :(

Hi Lovely ladies,

After having taken some time out to concentrate on starting my business I'm back

But with a major dilemma

We are due to be married on the 12th of May next year (how scarily close it sounds)

So far we have booked our venue, photographer, cake and not much else.

My dilemma is with less than 12 months to go, do we crack on and get everything done ( with no spare time on our hands to do this) or do we try and postpone and have more time to plan??

Like most men my h2b's answer when I try to speak to him about it is, whatever you think babe!! How frustrating!! lol

Would be greatful for any advice ladies

L x

You can easily plan it in 12 months, especially with help from everyone on here!

Start by making a list of everything that needs to be sorted and try and get it in some sort of priority order. Can you allocate tasks to parents, ushers, bridesmaids? Try and think of it in bitesize chunks and set yourself things to organise by the end of each month and tick things off your list at you go. I think it can often be overwhelming if you think of the bigger picture!

I'd get onto your band about now, the good ones go fast.

Other than that you've plenty of time. I made a spreadsheet and just worked my way down it in list of importance.

Good luck with it all, you'll manage it no probs. x
    ~ x July 3 2011 x ~

If it makes you feel better, we planned our wedding in 6 weeks but only actually had 2 days in Belfast to do REAL planning lol x

You've got more than enough time but I agree with MrsHowie2b...start looking for bands asap. We found our band on www.musicforscotland.co.uk which has loads of bands to pick from and you can get a listen to some of the songs to see if you like them or not. I also have a spreadsheet and have just ticked things off the list as we went along, we got engaged in Oct 10 and are getting married in Sept 11 so dont worry, you'll manage.

Good luck x x
    MrsPringle2b

30th September 2011 x x

Super Senior Member

If you have already arranged the venue, photographer and cake you have made big inroads already so I say go for it! A year is plenty if you plan it out. Like MrsHowie2B said, make out a spreadsheet of tasks, deadlines and who needs to do it - I've done this and it is going so well!

it would be a shame to postpone - so if you can, keep going! Good Luck x

Hi, I am happy to sent you my spread sheet that you will no doubt want to adapt but it will give you some help. You can do it and people on here will help you.

Super Senior Member

We chose a wedding day within a year of our engagement date, and we didn't even book a venue until 8 months to go. We get married in 3 and a half months and only booked our band last week. It is more than possible to plan a wedding in less than a year...in fact, it probably streamlines your thinking, and leaves you less likely to second guess your decisions. Focus on the big things (dress, band and registrar) and the rest will fall into place.
    x

Myself and H2B are in the forces. he was deployed when i booked the wedding in January for November and then i deployed straight after and am only just back. We live in england but are moving to another country together in 3 months and have to get everything sorted by the end of august so we can just fly home for the weekend in Nov to get married!... and i'm still managing to get my dream wedding nothing is impossible and it really is amazing how far people go to help you for an event like this.

My advice to you would be to go for a package deal at a hotel. This way, you will have a weddding co-ordinator and aside from making the big decisions, all the nitty gritty details will be taken care of by a team of professionals, that way you don't have to be constantly checking up on individual suppliers. Like everyone else has suggested, have a spreadsheet to keep a track of everything and to be honest, once you have chosen what you want, booked it and paid the deposit there isn't much to do except save the money to pay them nearer the time.

When i decided to get married so quickly, i had to make a decision to worry about the big things and let some of the little things slide, its the only way i can keep sane sometimes. And on the other hand, it can be better. Too much time can lead to too many choices which can be confusing and make you second guess what you actually like.

Loads of time! I've planned mine in 9 months.

First, get your officiant. No point in planning a wedding if there is no one to marry you! Then the band/DJ. Order your dress and BM dresses. Guest list so you know how many day and evening invites to order.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs H to be View Post
    We chose a wedding day within a year of our engagement date, and we didn't even book a venue until 8 months to go. We get married in 3 and a half months and only booked our band last week. It is more than possible to plan a wedding in less than a year...in fact, it probably streamlines your thinking, and leaves you less likely to second guess your decisions. Focus on the big things (dress, band and registrar) and the rest will fall into place.
    x
    Totally agree...getting married on 3rd September and we've not even got our cake yet! Getting it from Marks so not a big deal, I'm not really into the whole bridezilla stress and quite chilled about everything. You've ages to do stuff, and if you aren't able to book the world's best band or photographer it's not a deal breaker (and will save you some dosh for honeymoon!) x
    Move over Kate Middleton, I had a sapphire first!

Super Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anna-MW View Post
    You've ages to do stuff, and if you aren't able to book the world's best band or photographer it's not a deal breaker (and will save you some dosh for honeymoon!) x
    My thoughts entirely! You can still have an amazing day even without the best of the best of everything. I'm pleased that I didn't just book someone because I felt pressured to have everything booked by the 'right' time, but instead waited to make sure that it was right for us.

I'm sure my H2B would disagree with me sometimes, but I don't feel stressed about any of it at the moment. I've had my moments (trying to decide the guest list was one of the biggies!), but generally I'm ok. I have a massive pile of stationery on my living room floor for about 6 months (I'm making it all myself - although not invites thankfully!), and I've done very little with it. What will be will be, and I know that, on the day, I won't care one way or another if my name cards are perfect!
    x

Definitely do-able!! we had 1 year and 2 months and I would say because I booked most things early that I've had nothing to do for months!! If we had the money we'd have done it in 3 or 4 months and ours is quite a big wedding so you can def do it in a year! x

Oh it's totally do-able! We had exactly 8 months between setting our date (and not having any savings!) to our wedding day and it was plenty time We even had a big party at my parents the next day with about 60 / 70 people and we planned that too! Go for it! As the girls say - with the SWD forum to help you'll manage no problem at all!