Thread: Weekend from HELL

Default Weekend from HELL

Hi people, I just need to vent a little, We have been planning our wedding for almost 3 years and it is now only 6 days away. However it has been far from smooth, with everything and anything going wrong.

We booked the Glenskirlie House on 14th Feb 2009 and advised we had to book the rooms for our guests. We asked to leave it a little longer and when I did call to book the rooms, they were given away to the other bridal party from the castle.

Then there was my poor Grandad whom I am very close with being very unwell and at deaths door. Several times the hospital called the family as they didn't think he would pull through. Thankfully he is home fit and well. Still needs his chair to get about but still here none the less.

Then there was the briedsmaid dresses, which a dress maker was meant to make for me but never contacted me and has given me a bit of a run-around. After months of trying to get her to do anything I ordered them from a bridal company.
    However they were over 3 weeks late and gave me some seriouse stress!

The video company and the makeup artist both double booked our date so we had to find another video man and I had the seemingly endless task of finding someone who was free on the date to do my makeup. Finally after weeks of searching we founf both.

Then my chief bridesmaid told me she is pregnant and pulled out of my hen weekend the day before we were leaving to go to Newcastle. While in Newcastle my mum had a bit of a tantrum as I was sharing a room with the mother in law and got a train home herself. All is sorted now.

On the way home from my hen do I noticed the diamont in my ring was loose and it has already been fixed 3 times. So I called the shop we got it from and took it back, the manager said they would replace the ring as it was quite clearly faulty beyond repair. So they offered me another ring and I would have to wait 3 weeks on it. However it took 5 weeks. I went in to collect it yesterday and discovered it is the wrong diamond that is in it. I was almost crying as I really wanted my rings before the wedding. I now have to wait until the 1st of July on it being made again.

Then there is the hubby to be's stag do which he sorted out all on his own, as his best man and also his brother did nothing to help, only 5 days before they went to Blackpool for the night. When they got to Blackpool some random man in a pub was trying to pick a fight with my H2B and when the pub came out at closing time all hell broke loose and H2B and FIL2B both ended up in the cells for the night. My dad has cuts on his face and my brother has a broken hand.

I am an emotional wreck as it is only 6 days until our wedding and the stag party are just on their way back from a stag do with all these injured people.

I know this is like a book but I just thought I need to write this all down.

Has anyone else had a lot of things go wrong? Or is there someone telling me we shouldn't do this? Maybe I am getting cold feet?
    Getting married 11th June 2011

I'm sorry to hear it's been like this, it all sounds terrible. I'm not sure what to say, other than that I hope things get better soon, and I'm sure things will be alright on the day itself.

Well Scribblemouse, thats what my H2B says. Everything is going wrong now so the days itself will go great!

Quote Originally Posted by lisa View Post
    Hi people, I just need to vent a little, We have been planning our wedding for almost 3 years and it is now only 6 days away. However it has been far from smooth, with everything and anything going wrong.

We booked the Glenskirlie House on 14th Feb 2009 and advised we had to book the rooms for our guests. We asked to leave it a little longer and when I did call to book the rooms, they were given away to the other bridal party from the castle.

Then there was my poor Grandad whom I am very close with being very unwell and at deaths door. Several times the hospital called the family as they didn't think he would pull through. Thankfully he is home fit and well. Still needs his chair to get about but still here none the less.

Then there was the briedsmaid dresses, which a dress maker was meant to make for me but never contacted me and has given me a bit of a run-around. After months of trying to get her to do anything I ordered them from a bridal company.
    However they were over 3 weeks late and gave me some seriouse stress!

The video company and the makeup artist both double booked our date so we had to find another video man and I had the seemingly endless task of finding someone who was free on the date to do my makeup. Finally after weeks of searching we founf both.

Then my chief bridesmaid told me she is pregnant and pulled out of my hen weekend the day before we were leaving to go to Newcastle. While in Newcastle my mum had a bit of a tantrum as I was sharing a room with the mother in law and got a train home herself. All is sorted now.

On the way home from my hen do I noticed the diamont in my ring was loose and it has already been fixed 3 times. So I called the shop we got it from and took it back, the manager said they would replace the ring as it was quite clearly faulty beyond repair. So they offered me another ring and I would have to wait 3 weeks on it. However it took 5 weeks. I went in to collect it yesterday and discovered it is the wrong diamond that is in it. I was almost crying as I really wanted my rings before the wedding. I now have to wait until the 1st of July on it being made again.

Then there is the hubby to be's stag do which he sorted out all on his own, as his best man and also his brother did nothing to help, only 5 days before they went to Blackpool for the night. When they got to Blackpool some random man in a pub was trying to pick a fight with my H2B and when the pub came out at closing time all hell broke loose and H2B and FIL2B both ended up in the cells for the night. My dad has cuts on his face and my brother has a broken hand.

I am an emotional wreck as it is only 6 days until our wedding and the stag party are just on their way back from a stag do with all these injured people.

I know this is like a book but I just thought I need to write this all down.

Has anyone else had a lot of things go wrong? Or is there someone telling me we shouldn't do this? Maybe I am getting cold feet?
    Hello,

Goodness you have had alot to deal with sweetie. First off you are not getting cold feet. I know it may seem like theres a reason for all this bad luck, but honestly, its not that its not meant to happen.

I am having what i think is a stressfull time also, and its simply that all these things are now happening at the one time. Individually i may be able to handle each stress quite well, but all at once its more difficult. Presumably alot of this stuff has happened to you a while ago, but its still taints your experience of the planning and you may just be abit more emotionally charged this week in the run up to your day, its only human nature.

Its nice to hear you grandpa is on the mend and presumably will be there on your day! Your bridesmiads will look fab, whatever they wear and your hair and make up will be fab on day and you will look so ace! All these things are sent to try us and I know it seems like its all a bit much, but it will honestly fall into place on the day and will soooooo be worth it.

Its good to get it all out your system and its the best kind of therapy!! So this forum is always a great help, emotional support is my favorite and most used lol

Well Scribblemouse, thats what my H2B says. Everything is going wrong now so the days itself will go great!
    The worse the run-up, the better the wedding and marriage!

Oh babe. Absolutely nothing useful to add to the advice already given. Can I just give you my love and dump a load of hugs here for you xxxx

Thanks ladies, im just home from the hospital with my brother and his hand is broken and in a cast. Well we will be cutting that off on Saturday morning and bandaging it bach together on the sunday. Well things can only get better as the saying goes x

Senior Platinum Member

You haven't half been thru it eh? On the positive side, everything that has gone wrong you have managed to sort and still everything is on track......it will make one hell of a speech though !!!
    Seriously though, don't take it as a sign, these things just seem to happen and often appear bigger than we'd normally see them if they were happening to someone else....as long as you have the perfect day nothing that has happened before will matter xxx
    1st October 2010...the best day of my life....I married my best friend

Super Senior Member

I would say that the only "sign" you should take from all this is, if you can get through all that together then you can deal with whatever life throws at you in the future!

Hopefully the stag and his associates will feel a little sheepish for upsetting you and be more determined to make everything else work as it should on the day!

I'm sure you will be fine - try to put all the difficulties and problems behind you and look forward to your fabulous wedding ahead! :-)

terrible to hear what you,ve had to go through with only 6 days to go, i bet on your fabulous day you will forget everything of stags and other problems . just think you and your husbands big day other things like rings fix themselves out , your their to marry your h2b and i hope it,s the best day possible for youxx

Well ladies, we have the wedding register in the church as we are getting married. however i just discovered last night that the lady doing the dresses for the bridesmaids has mixed them up and now 1 have a bridesmaid with a dress thats 2 sizes to small for her. The lady said she can fit it but I hardly slept last night as i was fat to worried about it!

Oh no way! How on earth did she manage that!? What a muppet! She'll fix it because she HAS to!

Quote Originally Posted by mazgillies View Post
    Oh no way! How on earth did she manage that!? What a muppet! She'll fix it because she HAS to!
    Am sure she will sew through the night to make it right- her reputation depends on it.

I hope you're day goes well, try hard to put it all behind you and enjoy the day- it'll be one to remember and all the more special when its fabulous after the troubles you have had.

xx

A wee update on my crazy goings on. I got both bad and good news today. I just found out my mum has been really highly strung as she was being tested for cervical cancer and on the plus side she got the all clear today. Needless to say she has been on a high all day and really been chilled since.
    The woman who mixed up the dresses has fixed them and fingers crossed when the last bridesmaid tries hers on tonight it will be fine and everything will be great and on track.
    A wee list of the things still to do
    Thursday - 1.30pm Waxing
    2.30pm Collect a suit from Slaters and collect kilts
    4.30pm Collect my mum's 50th birthday gift with my dad

Friday - 9am take brother to hospital to see if they can put a smaller cast on it
    10am have colour cut and rollers put in my hair
    3.30pm take my little girl to have her nails painted while I have a wee go with the foot fishes
    4.45pm have nail extentions put on in Glasgow
    7.00pm take everything to the Glenskirlie
    8pm back to my parents house for a jacuzzi and a glass of bubblie and get ready for the big day ahead x

A wee update on my crazy goings on. I got both bad and good news today. I just found out my mum has been really highly strung as she was being tested for cervical cancer and on the plus side she got the all clear today. Needless to say she has been on a high all day and really been chilled since.
    The woman who mixed up the dresses has fixed them and fingers crossed when the last bridesmaid tries hers on tonight it will be fine and everything will be great and on track.
    A wee list of the things still to do
    Thursday - 1.30pm Waxing
    2.30pm Collect a suit from Slaters and collect kilts
    4.30pm Collect my mum's 50th birthday gift with my dad

Friday - 9am take brother to hospital to see if they can put a smaller cast on it
    10am have colour cut and rollers put in my hair
    3.30pm take my little girl to have her nails painted while I have a wee go with the foot fishes
    4.45pm have nail extentions put on in Glasgow
    7.00pm take everything to the Glenskirlie
    8pm back to my parents house for a jacuzzi and a glass of bubblie and get ready for the big day ahead x
    Glad everything is working out and especially that your mum got the all clear. You will need and most defo deserve all the pampering you have planned! If we don't spek to you before, have a wonderful day and all the best wishes for your future. Look forward to seeing some photo's. Lots of love xxx