Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Wedding night

Default Wedding night

I know this may be a sensitive subject for many brides to be, but i just want to make a thread incase anyone might be worried about the wedding night and the implications of the wedding night in the traditional sense.

I'll open by saying that the H2B and I will have been together for five years and lived together for roughly four and a half on the day. It's more than likely that we will be SHATTERED beyond belief when we got home. I will at least remain awake enough to hang my dress up

I feel like there's a lot of pressure on a couple on thier wedding night and i trust that there's a lot of different intended outcomes for couples out there. Might be just me, but i feel it will take the pressure off some apprehensive brides to hear the opinions of others.

Super Senior Platinum Member SpecialSundae's Avatar

I don't think we really have any expectation of having sex on our wedding night... We might, but the general assumption is that we'll have one heck of a party, drink lots of champagne and then hope to have a good night's sleep.

There is a nice bath in our room, though. Maybe sex and a soak in the morning...
    Fairy Gokmother

Looking at things the way they have been lately I have a nasty feeling It will be several days before we can....if you catch my drift

I know a few people who waited until they were married to do "it" on their wedding night - they had waited a few years. My other friends were all too knackered and only one thinks she did it - she was so drunk she can't remember.

Maz - Are you's O.K?

SpecialSundae - same here, we're party people, and after the wedding it'll probably end up like every one of my birthdays...dragging the hubby from whatever furniture he fell asleep on. The real deal will be the honeymoon!

tootsi4- i don't know anyone who has waited until thier wedding night, but i hope if they have then they're not drunk.....that's just asking for a bad time haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Special K's J View Post
    Maz - Are you's O.K?

SpecialSundae - same here, we're party people, and after the wedding it'll probably end up like every one of my birthdays...dragging the hubby from whatever furniture he fell asleep on. The real deal will be the honeymoon!

tootsi4- i don't know anyone who has waited until thier wedding night, but i hope if they have then they're not drunk.....that's just asking for a bad time haha.
    Yeah, I'm great thanks, just think that mother nature will be an absolute b*tch that day lol! xxxx

Super Senior Platinum Member Mrs McDermott's Avatar

This is a really good thread to have started. I fully expect to be absolutly knackered after the excitement of the whole day and the evening party so im intending to hit the sack for a good nights sleep:-))) Mrs McD2b-x-
    Donna & Jim - 20th August 2011

www.donna-and-jim.are.gettingmarried.co.uk

I have to say I was quite jealouse of the virgins until the wedding night. It was almost like a classic, courting, romance with all the excitmentr of loved up inncocence and 8 years into marriage they are still gagging and pawing at each other.

Think h2b does, whereas I'll prob be full of champers and just flop and fall asleep. We leave two days later for honeymoon so hope to make up for it then.

Altho as SpecialSundae says: there's always the morn!
    ~ x July 3 2011 x ~

He'd better put out lol...... No danger he's gonna be looking all sexy in his kilt and getting away with it haha. Think we might sneak off for a wee hour while the party is going on. Not marrying him for his money lol

I think I will be too exhausted to do anthing. I will be looking forward to a good nights sleep. x

i dont we will either to be honest. My friend got married last year and her hubby loosened off her corset of her dress lay down on the bed with his kilt still on and fell asleep straight away so she had to fight with her dress and kirby grips by herself she wasnt very amused lol x
    30th September 2011

I think i'll be too tired too! tho h2b thinks otherwise lol!

a good friend of mine was no sex before marriage tho! they were together about 6 years before getting married and the wedding night was their first time (not sure if they did it then tho or on honeymoon, stayed in hotel wedding night). They also bought a house, did it up and the night after the wedding was their first night living together and in the same bed!!! They are such an adorable couple! xxx
    xXx Charlene and Wullie - 21st May 2011 xXx

Super Senior Platinum Member BalbirnieDreamer's Avatar

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by meegs View Post
    He'd better put out lol...... No danger he's gonna be looking all sexy in his kilt and getting away with it haha. Think we might sneak off for a wee hour while the party is going on. Not marrying him for his money lol
    I'm with you! Nobody will miss us if we vanish for a bit! We were at a wedding in Oct where the couple vanished for 2.5 hours after the during the drinks reception claiming they were getting photo's taken....I'm still convinced they just wanted time alone! I'm really bad for having high expectations on a night out then drinking too much and crashing out As much as I plan not to be too drunk at our wedding, I think the excitement will tire me out! Why not vanish for some "couple time" then if you're still awake later on then BONUS!
    Craig and Laura's Wedding Website
    16th of June 2012

I wouldn't feel like you 'have to' it's going to be a very special but tiring day. I think it would be lovely to fall asleep in each others arms and then when the morning comes take some time to get to know each other as man and wife.

PMSL!!!! Really hoping monthly doesn't visit.....nothing more gorgeous than my h2b in his kilt.....esp if he's wearing hs Fahrenheit aftershave too Only bonus I have with our situation is our wedding party the week after. I'll be wearing my dress again, and he'll be in his kilt

Super Senior Member

You're a girl after my own heart! ;-) I can't see us being awake enough after the wedding, but this is a much better idea!!
    x

Super Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by mazgillies View Post
    PMSL!!!! Really hoping monthly doesn't visit.....nothing more gorgeous than my h2b in his kilt.....esp if he's wearing hs Fahrenheit aftershave too Only bonus I have with our situation is our wedding party the week after. I'll be wearing my dress again, and he'll be in his kilt
    Maz, I hope you don't think I'm being too personal, but you can tell me to bugger off if I am! Are you on the pill? If so, could you not keep taking your pills without taking a break, so that you can avoid mother nature? If you're not on the pill, there is definitely something you can get from the doctor that delays it for a few days. My sister used it once for a holiday, and it really helped...I'm sure she started taking it a few days before she went away, and took it for the whole duration, then stopped when she got back and everything returned to normal afterwards. Maybe go and see your doctor?

I would hate to be on for the wedding, so will be avoiding it at all costs! :-) As you say, H2B will be looking far too gorgeous... ;-)
    xx

You're not being personal at all....lets face it, we're all on this thread talking about our wedding nights!! No, I can't go back on contraception at all. We've been trying to get pregnant for 18 months. I have PCOS and I'm lucky to have a regular 28 day cycle so I'm reluctant to mess things up with the pill or anything else. I'll need to go and see my GP anyway about the lack of pregnancy. We've been kind of hoping it wouldn't happen since we booked our venue in September, but now it's 3 months to the wedding I can go and see my GP about being referred to gynaecology.

I'm not putting myself or hubby under pressure, if it happens it happens, if not it won't. Its not as though we've never done it before *LOL*

Maz, I'm in the same boat as you, have stopped my pill again last month and I'm hoping to God my cycle stays regular as I worked out that I would be fine as I would have it the weeks before the wedding and then again after the honeymoon. We are hoping to make a wee honeymoon baby *lol* here is hoping...fourth time lucky maybe....
    Anita & Grant 26th of May 2011

I'm another one with PCOS. We're holding off on stopping contraception 'til after the honeymoon, but I'd hoped that my regular cycle (when I wasn't using hormones) had been a good sign.
    Fairy Gokmother

Super Senior Member

Hugs out to all of you - it must be incredibly frustrating and heartbreaking. Good luck to you all, and let's hope mother nature gives you a break for the day of the wedding!
    xx

Well my and my H2B are not big drinkers and will probably only have 1 or 2 each! And my H2B will also be looking very gorgeous in his kilt!! We are hoping to make the most of the wedding night and I actually planned the wedding date based on mother nature!! I made sure we got married when I would be finished!! Therefore no interruptions!! :P We are also hoping for a wee honeymoon baby! Altho my friends cousin got married and they disappeared for 2 hours and my friend went outside looking for them and at that moment they climbed out of the wedding cars fixing themselves!! Hilarious! We're not having wedding cars but may sneak off for an hour or two when the party at night kicks off!!!!
    Fiona xxx

We do have a little break after the buffet where we're planning to sneak away so I can get changed (I've got a second skirt for the evening reception) so may enjoy a little misbehaviour then.
    Fairy Gokmother

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialSundae View Post
    We do have a little break after the buffet where we're planning to sneak away so I can get changed (I've got a second skirt for the evening reception) so may enjoy a little misbehaviour then.
    Hahahaha!!! Love it!