Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else getting married at Lochside House Hotel?

Default Anyone else getting married at Lochside House Hotel?

I am getting married here next year and I am so happy with it, we have recenlty found out that they are expanding the hotel with 15 more rooms and a spa!! It'll be finished this summer, im so glad as this will be great as alot of our guest are wanting to stay over.
    xx

Meeee!!!

I get married at Lochside on 25th September this year I can't wait!!!

My other half is English so we have such a large contigency coming up so the extra room is just fab.

We just fell in love with the place after that nowhere else compared.

How are you getting on with your planning?

xxxx

Senior Platinum Member

me tooo!!

i know about the extension and i am SO excited to see it

they're also giving the bigger room with the ramp a face-lift annd landscaping the gardens outside of the other room (ceremony room)

cant remember when they said it would be finished though, but cant wait

i agree, nothing compares to the views, the close attention to detail inside and out of the hotel and the food and service

just outstanding

xx
    Getting Married at Lochside House - 15th June 2013

I think i'm doing fine, i'm not getting married till next year but Iv got my photographer, videographer, band and cars booked.
    what about you? xx

Ooooh I did't know they were revampin the big room!! Thats good, I cant wait to see everything.
    are yous going along to the wedding fair in april? xx

Senior Platinum Member

yea definately, will be good to see suppliers etc because i dont like anywhere near the place lol

i went for valentines day dinner, and the works at the side were well under way. the big room hadnt started yet so i dont know when its going to happen, i got told about it when they were showing us round and we couldnt decide between the rooms he said the bar was coming out, with a lighter wood one (like the other rooms) is going in and just a paint job.

i've only got my cake.. i know where im getting centrepieces , chair covers flowers and photography from its just trying to save to get deposits down its the tricky bit lol

xx

What date is the fair? I live down south now so it's not so easy to get back for these things but i'd love to make that.

Well our big day is a little over 6 months now so think i've got everything booked ( she thinks!!! )

Just need to look into a bus as we have a large contingency coming up from England they are staying in Ayr so need to shuttle everyone to hotel and back .

Didn't know about the other revamp either but sounds like it's not a major one, just hope it's all done before the big day!

xxx

Mrs breslin to be
    I went for valentines dinner!!
    It'll be lovely anyway.
    We are getting our chair covers from, cover the big day, they do a local speacial for lochside, have you heard of them?
    When do you get married?
    xx

hollygolightly
    The fayre is on sunday the 17th april, i went last year it was really good.
    We havnt booked our buses yet, not really sure when is the right time to book them??
    Im sure it will be all finished and gorgeous by then
    xx

im getting married there on 11 nov this year cant wait, the honeymoon suit was to be getting done up like a studio apartment but it wont be ready for november :-( but i love it its beautiful, didnt know about the main room tho? i will be calling alana tomorow about that, also ive got linda from cover the big day, still waiting on her coming back to me with a few things tho has been a while..

what photographers have you guys got? or bands? im with norma ann and waterfront showband xxx
    Last edited by kendal2011; 12-03-2011 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kendal2011 View Post
    im getting married there on 11 nov this year cant wait, the honeymoon suit was to be getting done up like a studio apartment but it wont be ready for november :-( but i love it its beautiful, didnt know about the main room tho? i will be calling alana tomorow about that, also ive got linda from cover the big day, still waiting on her coming back to me with a few things tho has been a while :-/

what photographers have you guys got? or bands? im with norma ann and waterfront showband xxx
    is it getting done aswell, aww i like it the way it is, u'd think they would send out letters to all their brides to inform them of whats changing!!!
    We've got Angelstar showband, timeless visuals photography coz the pics are nice and the prices are really resonable, classic scottish wedding cars, we got two cars and the guy does videography aswell and we got a package price, it was a great deal, we looked at a demo dvd and it was great! chuffed lol.
    what bout yo what have you still to get?
    xx

Can't make that weekend i'm soooo disappointed would love to see the place set up!

Kendall2011

I'm having a dj for the reception we're using That Wedding DJ our photographer is Picweddings love his style and we really liked him when we met up.

We're also having Cover The Big Day for our chair covers, venue decoration and flowers. Not heard much from Linda though.

xxxx

Senior Platinum Member

hey,

i think im going with supernova for chair covers as they're doing my centrepieces and flowers (i think, as i have not put down the deposit yet)
    i'll be having a dj but our friend will be playing guitar and singing our first-dance song

i havent really stuck to their list of suppliers, but its been good to have

xx

I'm getting married here too. A and I both fell in love with it when we saw their website, and went for a visit which just confirmed it was the place for us. We took our families down a few weeks later and both sets of parents, and my sisters loved it too. A's Mum keeps talking about "the wee bridge" - I think that sold it for her.

Thrilled that they're extending it! I'm also super excited about the Spa - we're only having our reception here (our ceremony is in our church) and so I'm thinking that some "day-after relaxation" might be in order for us!!

We've sorted the venue and the photographer - next up, the band and the transport.

So thrilled to have our reception at Lochside - they have been unbelievably helpful, so kind to us, and we cannot wait for our loved ones to have their jaws drop as they arrive!! Lynsey has been amazing too - can't recommend her highly enough! She even had time to chat to us at the SECC show, even though we had already booked - it's like chatting to a friend!!

When are you all getting married?

Quote Originally Posted by shazmcf View Post
    is it getting done aswell, aww i like it the way it is, u'd think they would send out letters to all their brides to inform them of whats changing!!!
    We've got Angelstar showband, timeless visuals photography coz the pics are nice and the prices are really resonable, classic scottish wedding cars, we got two cars and the guy does videography aswell and we got a package price, it was a great deal, we looked at a demo dvd and it was great! chuffed lol.
    what bout yo what have you still to get?
    xx
    lucky you it sounds great i wished id looked about abit more i kinda just though oo norma ann is the best s i want her but after looking other ppl are just as good, ive still to book a dvd found one for 560 ish and flowers but i had a crack at making my own bouquets and i love them, i can show you if you send me you email ide like advice? i think i might make bridesmaids and just order mine, it makes it kinda special,ive got silver choice for cars & coach the bently and 2 bmw's and waterfront showband, just decided on my favour boxes and ive added ribbon and bows with pearls on it..
    yea your right thay should..

you seem organised ;-) xx

Quote Originally Posted by hollygolightly View Post
    Can't make that weekend i'm soooo disappointed would love to see the place set up!

Kendall2011

I'm having a dj for the reception we're using That Wedding DJ our photographer is Picweddings love his style and we really liked him when we met up.

We're also having Cover The Big Day for our chair covers, venue decoration and flowers. Not heard much from Linda though.

xxxx
    yes me either, had a meeting with her at lochside start feb to go over wat i wanted, then she said she would call the tue then a week went past nothing then i spoke to alana and i think she said something but alana was shocked with her not getting back to me but then i had a call saying sorry etc still getting prices etc so she said she would call me on sunday there with prices and guess what

still waiting :-/ just would be good to know whats what you know, but maybe ive gave her to much lol

have you had prices? ar you getting flowers off her as in your bouquets? xx
    i made my own love them dont know how to post a pic x

Linda has just called me was so good to hear from her and im happy with what she has told me she is doing a good job in getting 1 thing i really want :-) love it xx
    Last edited by kendal2011; 10-03-2011 at 05:43 PM.

st marys chapen in duntocher then lochside, i dont know lyndsy but i know alana and she is lovely she prob hate me amount i call lol but she is great x

Quote Originally Posted by mrs breslin to be View Post
    me tooo!!

i know about the extension and i am SO excited to see it

they're also giving the bigger room with the ramp a face-lift annd landscaping the gardens outside of the other room (ceremony room)

cant remember when they said it would be finished though, but cant wait

i agree, nothing compares to the views, the close attention to detail inside and out of the hotel and the food and service

just outstanding

xx
    just to update you i called lochside and the ramp room isnt getting updated xx

yes me either, had a meeting with her at lochside start feb to go over wat i wanted, then she said she would call the tue then a week went past nothing then i spoke to alana and i think she said something but alana was shocked with her not getting back to me but then i had a call saying sorry etc still getting prices etc so she said she would call me on sunday there with prices and guess what

still waiting :-/ just would be good to know whats what you know, but maybe ive gave her to much lol

have you had prices? ar you getting flowers off her as in your bouquets? xx
    i made my own love them dont know how to post a pic x

Linda has just called me was so good to hear from her and im happy with what she has told me she is doing a good job in getting 1 thing i really want :-) love it xx

I get married on 25th September this year!!

Met with Linda at Lochside then her showroom in January when we were last home we decided most of the stuff that we wanted and i emailed her pics of how i'd like my bouquet she said she'd email me with a price guide and how to pay deposit but nothing.

We're coming back up for Easter so going to arrange another meeting and get everything finalised it's stressing me oujt a little

Your sounding like your all organised then

xxxx

Hey everyone
    I just got an email from Lynsey, she said the entrance to the hotel will change slightly as to incorporate the extension. And that two suites will be joined to make a brand new honeymoon suite!! so excited now sounds as if it'll be fab!
    sharon xx

lucky you it sounds great i wished id looked about abit more i kinda just though oo norma ann is the best s i want her but after looking other ppl are just as good, ive still to book a dvd found one for 560 ish and flowers but i had a crack at making my own bouquets and i love them, i can show you if you send me you email ide like advice? i think i might make bridesmaids and just order mine, it makes it kinda special,ive got silver choice for cars & coach the bently and 2 bmw's and waterfront showband, just decided on my favour boxes and ive added ribbon and bows with pearls on it..
    yea your right thay should..

you seem organised ;-) xx
    Hey everything sounds great.
    yeah could you email me on how to make the bouquets please shazmcf@aol.com
    That would be great thanks.
    Iv made an app to go to opus couture in two weeks time, it'll be the first time iv looked at dresses im so excited!!
    xx

Quote Originally Posted by shazmcf View Post
    Hey everyone
    I just got an email from Lynsey, she said the entrance to the hotel will change slightly as to incorporate the extension. And that two suites will be joined to make a brand new honeymoon suite!! so excited now sounds as if it'll be fab!
    sharon xx
    Yes, when we were last there, they showed us what will happen. They're knocking the two end suites together to make one massive one, and the door is likely to be at the very end of the corridoor (there's a picture there at the moment). I'm so excited about this - will be lovely to see when it's done. Perhaps they'll have the plans and drawings up at the wedding fayre.

st marys chapen in duntocher then lochside, i dont know lyndsy but i know alana and she is lovely she prob hate me amount i call lol but she is great x
    Hi Kendall,

Your are not far from me (St Marys gave it away haha) How did you find the price of cars/coaches with regards to the distance from us lol

I'm hoping to go and view it on Sunday Glad to hear someone else is is travelling this far lol

Nic xx

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Scott :) View Post
    Yes, when we were last there, they showed us what will happen. They're knocking the two end suites together to make one massive one, and the door is likely to be at the very end of the corridoor (there's a picture there at the moment). I'm so excited about this - will be lovely to see when it's done. Perhaps they'll have the plans and drawings up at the wedding fayre.
    Yes she said they would have picture board to look at at the wedding fayre.
    xx

I really like the look of lochside and we r going 2 view it on Sunday 13th. When is the wedding fayre? Xx

Quote Originally Posted by nicsgettingmarried View Post
    Hi Kendall,

Your are not far from me (St Marys gave it away haha) How did you find the price of cars/coaches with regards to the distance from us lol

I'm hoping to go and view it on Sunday Glad to hear someone else is is travelling this far lol

Nic xx

Hiya Nic,

Are you getting married in st marys to? and lochside? whats your date? we just looked on the website and found silver choice they was offering a free 49 seater if you booked withing a date we went over and ther stuff are lovely and we have booked 3 cars and 2 coaches with the 49 seater free there based in eask kilbride there a family run bussiness that i love www.silverchoice.co.uk let me know how you get on xx