Thread: How long should you book your photographer for?

Ros@SWD

Default How long should you book your photographer for?

Just wondering how long your photographers will be staying for? Just up to the cake cutting or right into the dancing?

Advertisers FairyTale Productions's Avatar

Hi Ros,

It really depends on what package the couple have booked. Most of our couples are now booking from Bride's preparations at home or venue until the first dance, we even have a couple who have booked so that the last dance is photographed and filmed.

John
    FairyTale Productions
    Wedding Films and Photography
    www.fairytaleproductions.co.uk

We have booked the photographer to stay until the first dance. we are using david bryce - as had a bad start with the first photographer as he did not communicate back via emails or phoned back about seeing his new albums that he is using. We haven't found fault in David to date ..... His photography is amazing !! Although he ain't exactly cheap, I sure he is worth every penny ...... I'm getting really excited about the big day!!

We've not got to booking anything yet, but we're of the opinion that we want photos from the whole day, a mixture of formal pics, and "captured moments"

we have booked our photographer for the whole day, he is coming to me in the morning while im getting ready and then staying to the first dance. I was just wondering, should we be offering to include him for the meal?

our photographer is coming to my mums then staying till after our first dance! xx

Our photographer is capturing pics of me and H2B (seperate houses) getting ready and then he is there all day until he feels he can capture no more he says approx 10 hours of photos all included in the price!

Advertisers FairyTale Productions's Avatar

We have now recieved a request from a bride and groom who have already booked us to return to the hotel the next morning to film and photograph them leaving for their honeymoon.

Wedding Supplier LittleTigerCreations's Avatar

We went to the cake as the photographer was a friend of ours and we wanted him to enjoy some of the day stress-free
    Little Tiger Creations
    www.littletigercreations.com

Quote Originally Posted by suzw View Post
    I was just wondering, should we be offering to include him for the meal?
    Oooooooh I hadnt thought of that!!!!.... We've got two photographers & not enough space on tables

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by suzw View Post
    I was just wondering, should we be offering to include him for the meal?
    from reading stuff in magazines I've just decided to get the hotel to offer him (and the videographer) a plate of sandwiches or some sort of snack, perhaps at the bar. i think it might be a bit awkward to include them in the meal coz they wouldnt know anyone, plus if they're still working after the meal they could perhaps do with a break lol.

maybe ask your photographer what usually happens for him?

Quote Originally Posted by Ros@SWD View Post
    Just wondering how long your photographers will be staying for? Just up to the cake cutting or right into the dancing?
    Hi Ros,

Staying until the end (almost always Auld Lang Syne at a Scottish wedding) is always something that is included in my Saturday Wedding package.

A wedding doesn't stop with the cutting of the cake, or the first dance, so why should the photography? Photographs of people enjoying themselves on the dance floor are only part of it - there's children falling asleep, people propping up the bar, friends chatting quietly in corners, and so on.

Have you ever been to a wedding down south? The evenings are just so different! With no Auld Lang Syne to signal the end of festivities, people just drift away, leaving the Bride and Groom alone with the hardened drinkers....

With a Scottish wedding the evenings are always as fun as the daytime celebrations - and that should be covered in full, photographically, too!

Simon
    Unobtrusive, un-posed, unique - Q photography for distinctive wedding photography by Simon Grosset
    Online brochure: <http://www.q-photography.co.uk>

Shortlisted in the Photography category, VOWS awards, 2006, 2007 and 2008

we have booked our photographer from 10am-10pm. We will all be at the venue the night before, so he will take photos of getting ready, and also little things like dresses, flowers etc, then will stay til the dancing is in full swing.

Sassygirl

What photographer have you booked? Did you get agood price for the whole day??

Hez xx

ours is coming for a full 8 hrs, was very impressed with her stuff, her name is Ruth Hillman
    26/09/10 - Can't wait!!!!