Thread: Place cards

Default Place cards

Hi just wondering what everyone is doing re place cards at their tables? I know some venues provide these but if doing them yourself, do you think hand written is ok.. or is it better to have printed ones?

Depends how nice your writing is I would say! Haha!

Teehee indeed! My handwriting is quite neat.. but not sure I'd want to write out all the tags myself.. could get writers cramp!! Would love them done in caligraphy but defo not up for attempting that!!!!

I got one of those calligraphy kits off a particularly swotty mate at school once! It was useless, unless you had neat writing to start with or an artistic touch! all it done for me was got me covered in ink!! Haha!

My placemanes are provided for us but I think I'd be tempted to print mine in a calligraphic (if that's even a word?!) font if they weren't?

Where are you getting your other wedding stationary? How will that all be done? Matching them would be nice?

Heehee - I'm sure I had one of those sets too... !! ah if only I'd thought to hold onto it well, my wedding not till next year so not at this stage yet, it's for my friends wedding in May, I'm chief bridesmaid and helping her out as she is pregnant and busy with baby things! Think she is ordering her invites online so will suggest she orders these to match and avoid any handwriting disasters!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ***kirsty*** View Post
    will suggest she orders these to match and avoid any handwriting disasters!!!
    Good plan!! :-D

My Godmother who has amazing hand writing will do ours for us...otherwise it would be scrawly or child like writing...nice!!!

we are not doing hand written place cards, we are having pictures of everyone attached to the favours (wee mini buckets filled with sweets). also found a heart punch so the pictures can fit in with the theme!!!

Senior Platinum Member

I got mine printed by the lady who did my table plan, all matched in and there was printing on both sides.

It was ivory card with silver/grey writing and a cala lily on each of them. On the reverse I had printed

"today I married my best friend"
    Claire & Tommy
    1st October 2010

Thought it was a nice wee keepsake....we still have ours and most of the guests kept theirs too
    1st October 2010...the best day of my life....I married my best friend