Thread: Frasers / Debenhams bridal

Default Frasers / Debenhams bridal

Hi ladies, I have made my first wedding dress appointment for 12th Feb but my sis suggested having a look at debenhams and frasers ranges for an idea of styles before we go for our first appointment. Just wondering what you think of the ranges in frasers / debenhams, also do you need to make appointments? Thinking of going on Thursday after work since we both work in city centre anyway. Many thanks!

Super Senior Member

Its berketex bride in both shops, if you want to try on you need an appointment but you can go in and just have a look. If they are quiet though and have no one due for an appointment they will let you try on.

Frasers was my first ever dress appointment and I found them amazing. The girl encouraged me to select a range of styles and together we picked everything from Jordan style to slinky to fishtail etc. It was a brilliant experience and really helped me narrow down what I actually liked and what suited me.

I tried on about 14 dresses in my hour appointment and she pinned me properly in to each one. I left without commiting to anything and there was no hard sale at all.

The only thing I would say was I went on a Friday and there was no one else there so maybe you would not get that on a Sat or busier time.

Good luck.

xxxxxxx

Thanks for your advice ladies. Think will defo fit in a Frasers appointment before going to any other bridal shops. At this stage quite open minded regarding dress styles so looking forward to trying as many as possible and start narrowing it down. Yippeee!! Excited! xxx

I really liked the service is Frasers, girl was lovely and helpful with no pressure. Did not like Berketext brides however, I found them standoffish and really pushy. I loved Eleganza Sposa in Bath Street, that was where i got my dress from eventually. Angelique Lamont is definitely worth a visit, as it Sarah Louise bridal. Good luck, have fun! Dress shopping is definitely the best part of the wedding preparation!

Hiya, I had an appointment for Frasers and they were great. HUge range of dresses as well. Really expensive though. I found the dress I tried on for 300 cheaper in a shop in Falkirk and one in Helensburgh. Debenhams was not a good experience for me at all - woman was really pushy and didn't listen to a word I said x

Hi Kirsty,

I went into Frasers for a look and thought the dresses were really expensive compared to the boutiques. I didnt see anything that really stood out either.

I would say have a look but there is def more choice in the bridal shops!

Hope this helps,

Missellevee