Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: LET'S SEE THOSE DRESSES

Ros@SWD

Chosen your dress already? Post a pic here so we can all admire it!

hi everyone this is my dress cant wait to wear it not long now only 6 months to go

http://www.alfredangelounitedkingdom.com/C...01ae14&pg=2

QUOTE (BRIDETOBE09 @ Feb 4 2009, 04:53 PM) [url="index.php?act=findpost&pid=136"]
    hi everyone this is my dress cant wait to wear it not long now only 6 months to go

http://www.alfredangelounitedkingdom.com/C...01ae14&pg=2[/b]

Wow, your dress is gorgeous! I haven't even started looking yet, except for in every magazine available! I'm hoping to find a bargain but might have missed the best choice - unless I like something that no-one else does!!

The link to my dress is below....cant believe I am wearing it in 2 weeks!

http://www.benjaminroberts.co.uk/som...different2.htm

The dress is no 930

thank jem !!
    when do you get married??

Your dresses are gorgeous. God i don't even know where to start. I havent really looked much for mine, just been to a few shops and tried on a couple. Havent found the one yet!!

You will both be stunning in those dresses.

michelle

Visit My Website

This is me in the sample dress. I've lost weight since then and bought all my own veil etc can't wait to get pics with all my stuff on. Going on the 16th feb to try the sample on again with my own shoes,veil and jewellary! Can't wait.

beautiful dresses girls. michelle there must be nothing left of you if uve lost weight! xx

QUOTE (michelle @ Feb 6 2009, 09:25 AM) [url="index.php?act=findpost&pid=296"]
    Visit My Website

This is me in the sample dress. I've lost weight since then and bought all my own veil etc can't wait to get pics with all my stuff on. Going on the 16th feb to try the sample on again with my own shoes,veil and jewellary! Can't wait. [/b]

wow you look stunning x
    Finally Mrs Noble!

Beautiful Dresses ladies!! Excellent choices!!

I've got a good idea of what type of dress I want... just need to check it'll suit me!! Will keep you posted!

L
    x

Wallace Artworks

Caz,
    I got married in August in a gold 930.....

WOW your dress is so lovely!

Think I've got some pics of me in the sample dress somewhere....the real thing is safely stashed at my mum's house
    Finally Mrs Noble!

Wallace Artworks

QUOTE (k7aylor @ Feb 6 2009, 10:01 PM) [url="index.php?act=findpost&pid=410"]
    WOW your dress is so lovely![/b]
    Awww thankyou! There was a saga attached to that dress! I made an appointment to go into Pretty Woman, the only Benjamin Roberts stockist in Edinburgh. I had phoned her up told her I'd seen this dress online, explained that I'm tall and fat, told her my size etc.... that was fine I was to go in and see her. When I got there the sample was a size 10 in Ivory.... no way I could have tried it on (i'm a size 22-24). She took one look at me and told me in no uncertain terms that it wasn't for me. (She was very rude, my friend who was over from Dublin couldn't believe it).
    I decided I liked it so much just by looking at the photo of it on the website that I ordered it online and had it shipped over from the States! So she missed out on a 1500+ sale! Larger ladies beware..... don't go to Pretty Woman in Edinburgh! Not unless you're in the mood to be insulted!

QUOTE </div>
    Think I've got some pics of me in the sample dress somewhere....the real thing is safely stashed at my mum's house [/b]
    Come on then, let's see missus!

Love looking at everybody elses dresses - they are absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!

I got my dress on the first day of looking - tried on about 25 dresses over 2 shops but fell in love with this one.

Its a Ronald Joyce but is discontinued so had to make my decision then and there. Got a great bargin (I think) and although I've had second thoughts I absolutely LOVE it!!!!! I think the second thoughts are really just cos I made a decision and bought it so quickly!!!!!

I know this is not the best picture (cos I'm not even looking at the camera) but I had been crying and then everybody started taking pictures. I'll sort it out for the wedding day!!!!!

What you think?????

(hope pic uploads ok)

Got married on 9th April 2010 - Now Mrs K!!!!

QUOTE (BRIDETOBE09 @ Feb 5 2009, 08:45 PM) [url="index.php?act=findpost&pid=275"]
    thank jem !!
    when do you get married??[/b]

We have just booked our wedding for 21st August - sooo excited now!!

Gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous. Where did you get it from?
    I love the strapless dresses, but I've never worn anything strapless and am worried I won't feel 'secure' in it. What does it feel like when you've got it on? Actually, I'm going to start a new thread on this...

Fi x

Only got some tiny pics of me in my dress.....

Have to get some more taken when I get the dress on again soon
    Finally Mrs Noble!

QUOTE (fifi30 @ Feb 10 2009, 01:22 PM) [url="index.php?act=findpost&pid=524"]
    Gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous. Where did you get it from?
    I love the strapless dresses, but I've never worn anything strapless and am worried I won't feel 'secure' in it. What does it feel like when you've got it on? Actually, I'm going to start a new thread on this...

Fi x[/b]
    I got my dress from Cuco Couture in Troon - for any Ayrshire Brides I would thoroughly recommend going there.

I wear strapless tops quite often so I felt comfortable in the dress although I didn't specifically go out to buy a strapless dress. I tried on loads of different styles and thats the dress that made me cry!!!!
    Got married on 9th April 2010 - Now Mrs K!!!!

QUOTE (caz @ Feb 4 2009, 07:25 PM) [url="index.php?act=findpost&pid=161"]
    The link to my dress is below....cant believe I am wearing it in 2 weeks!

http://www.benjaminroberts.co.uk/som...different2.htm

The dress is no 930[/b]
    Your dress is lovely, i had never even heard of that designer before so will be checking out my nearest stockist after looking at the website.

QUOTE (Wallace Artworks @ Feb 10 2009, 11:21 AM) [url="index.php?act=findpost&pid=517"]
    Awww thankyou! There was a saga attached to that dress! I made an appointment to go into Pretty Woman, the only Benjamin Roberts stockist in Edinburgh. I had phoned her up told her I'd seen this dress online, explained that I'm tall and fat, told her my size etc.... that was fine I was to go in and see her. When I got there the sample was a size 10 in Ivory.... no way I could have tried it on (i'm a size 22-24). She took one look at me and told me in no uncertain terms that it wasn't for me. (She was very rude, my friend who was over from Dublin couldn't believe it).
    I decided I liked it so much just by looking at the photo of it on the website that I ordered it online and had it shipped over from the States! So she missed out on a 1500+ sale! Larger ladies beware..... don't go to Pretty Woman in Edinburgh! Not unless you're in the mood to be insulted!

Come on then, let's see missus! [/b]

Pretty Woman was the first shop I looked at and I found a beautiful dress but was so put off by the service I did not go back. I think if the assistant had been a bit more helpful/ enthusiatic/ interested, I may have felt more comfortable in the dress. It is a pretty weird feeling trying on a wedding dress for the first time but they possibly lost out on another 1250 sale!!!!

Wallace Artworks

Jenny, goodness knows how many times it's happened! We won't have been the only two I'm sure..... they obviously need to get their act together!

I have a maggie sottero dress ordered which will hopefully have arrived from America by the end of Feb so I can try it on again. Last time I saw it was in August!!! Anyway I am not a little size ten lass (16 atleast when I tried on dresses) and was quite worried abot trying on dresses and getting into them. I made my first appointment at Glenallan fashions in Bridge of Allan (just north of Stirling) all but one of their dresses fitted and did up and they did say that they order their samples in bigger sizes so I would recommend trying it out for any larger girls. I tried on the benjamn roberts 930 in that shop and loved it and the ladies in the shop said it actually looks better on girls with some curves not the skinny model types!

QUOTE (milos mum @ Feb 10 2009, 09:41 PM) [url="index.php?act=findpost&pid=557"]
    I have a maggie sottero dress ordered which will hopefully have arrived from America by the end of Feb so I can try it on again. Last time I saw it was in August!!! Anyway I am not a little size ten lass (16 atleast when I tried on dresses) and was quite worried abot trying on dresses and getting into them. I made my first appointment at Glenallan fashions in Bridge of Allan (just north of Stirling) all but one of their dresses fitted and did up and they did say that they order their samples in bigger sizes so I would recommend trying it out for any larger girls. I tried on the benjamn roberts 930 in that shop and loved it and the ladies in the shop said it actually looks better on girls with some curves not the skinny model types![/b]
    Hi Milos Mum

Is this (Benjamin roberts 930) the dres you went for, or did you just try it on? Have you got any pictures of you in the dress you went for?

Its so good to see real people in dresses, rather than the models in the magazines. Everyone looks so good!

All those dresses are just gorgeous.

I am wearing a Belgian designr called Marylise
    Wedding Dress and its called astera

There are just so many to choose from, but i tried this on, and just fell in love with it, should be in soon though!!!!!

Does anyone have any experience buying their dress from Emma Roy in Edinburgh? Thats where i'm thinking of going but after hearing the horror stories of Pretty Woman thought i'd check what they're like.