Thread: Enough jars?

Super Senior Member mackinnon.ka's Avatar

Default Enough jars?

I am planning on having a sweetie buffet, wedding is for about 60 people so not likely to have too many sweeties (though there will be no other food after wedding breakfast as only having day guests so after dinner there will be cake and sweets for munching on)

Saw jars etc in Ikea so bought a few and now wondering if they are enough? And whether they look nice or naff? Also planning to add a 2 tier glass cake stand a couple of glass plates. Think I will tie ribbons round the necks of some of them, and they will have cute labels etc to say what the sweets are etc.

Haven't decided on sweeties yet!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails jars.jpg  
    ~*01/08/2011 was the most magical day of my life *~

looking fab!

Things I would say to add - maybe a few bowls? I know there is a few glass bowls in IKEA that are around 2.99 each - add a few different shapes

and I would also recommend getting some boxes, placing them under the tablecloth you will covering the surface with to add height and put a few containers at different heights.

Also maybe some of the wrapped sweets, lollipops, etc add this around the tablecloth to give more interest to the table.

I am also adding some organza twisting amongst and under the containers.

Love the containers so far!

Heatherbelle - thanks for the tips! I wanted to try to get some different shapes, and will make them different height etc too.

Hoping we can decorate the table with sweeties and rose petals etc. Need to get a jazzy table cloth or go for the organza idea you mentioned.

I'm worried about who will set it up and when/where though so need to sort that out!

will you be putting lollies in the wee jars, or something tall? look too small for fingers to fit into!

Quote Originally Posted by Tulloola View Post
    will you be putting lollies in the wee jars, or something tall? look too small for fingers to fit into!
    Yeah the wee ones will have tall things in like liquorice sticks, lollies etc and probably some savoury things (there are some *weirdos* in my family that dont like sweeties! heheee)

if you get some scoops and tongs then the tall containers wont matter as much!

with the jars you can get them set up and sealed before - so if you are layering the sweets they can be layered and transported in the jars. with the unsealable jars have the sweets in big bags ready to just split open and pour in.

Why not have a bridesmaid, or close family member (an auntie) or friend, to quickly pop out to set it up - should take 10 minutes if there were two people to set up

Yeah I was going to ask my aunt to do it, wondering what time of the day it should be done though, not sure if it should "appear" while we are having our meal so that afterwards its there or whether it should be set up in the morning before anyone arrives and it be there all day?

I was thinking of bagging everything, will probably do a practice run at home with whoever gets the job of doing it so that they can see how I'd like it set up and we can measure the sweeties to the jars and label them ready to fill up.

Just asking family about which sweeties to have, think I will definitely need to hide them from everyone otherwise they wont make it to the wedding! hahaa