Thread: Non Studio Photographers

Default Non Studio Photographers

Hi All

I am thinking of meeting with NKD photography but as i havent ever used a photographer before i was unsure what it meant if they did not have a studio and simply came to meet you at your own home. In general are photogrpahers with studios better than those who just come to you.

Any thoughts would be useful. Thanks x

The photographers i looked at didnt have a studio and just came to our house, the one wee picked had some excellent work. the ones with studios are sometimes more expensive as they also have overheads to pay. I'd say it depends on who you like but dont feel that ones with studios are going to definately be better than ones without. xx

The photographer we've chosen doesn't have a studio either. We met him at a local hotel (we're getting married away from where we live).
    I don't think it really matters about a studio, well it didn't to us. I suppose it's personal choice really.
    As Charlene mentioned the ones with studios might cost a little extra.
    I think the best thing to do is look at the photographers portfolio and make sure you get on ok with the photographer. If you feel relaxed with him or her then it'll make things go alot better on the actual day.
    We loved our photographers portfolio (in fact my OH couldn't stop looking at it!!) so we booked him there and then!! x

Default Reply to: Non Studio Photographers

Hi there,

I agree with the other 2 replies - The photographer we have chosen also doesn't have a studio. We met her at a wedding fayre at the crutherland house hotel and her portfolio was fantastic, she was so nice and listened to exactly what we wanted and she is catering to exactly that!!

Her cost was amazing for what we wanted and are getting in comparison to some other more established companies who would provide the exact same as we are getting but for a much higher price..

I just feel that Yes it's your big day and Yes you want your photo's to be the best they can - but in the end it is only photo's and I personally would just not pay an arm and a leg for them to go up on the wall for a few years and then to lie in an attic/ cupboard for the rest.

Lindsey
    Last edited by Mrs_Meechan_2_B; 04-08-2009 at 01:35 PM. Reason: spelling error... oops

Again, as far as I'm aware my photographer doesn't have a studio. To be honest it wasn't something we even thought about when looking at photographers. He visited us at my Mum's as she stays quite near him. We really just liked his style of photos, & his personality after meeting him.

Smile

Thank you everyone for your comments i feel much better now as it sounds more common for them not to have studios. Do any of you know a good photographer that you would recommend x

we have booked George Lammie

Default Reply to: Non Studio Photographers

We have booked donna hall photography

link: http://www.donnahallphotography.co.uk/
    Last edited by Mrs_Meechan_2_B; 04-08-2009 at 03:32 PM. Reason: adding link

We've booked Stuart Walker http://www.photography-services.co.uk/