Thread: Printing press

Default Printing press

So... my love of the letterpress style has led to a whole afternoon of investigating the concept of printing my invites at home. I've just found a press on ebay so I'm quite excited about that! Though I think it will work out just as expensive to do them myself at least I could then sell the machine on again afterwards and I'd have the plate that I used for the printing as a keepsake
    ~ m xx

6th July 2012

Ooooh, how does it work?

This sounds really lovely gigglebert, letterpressing gives such a lovely finish to printing. If it would be a similar price to have them done or do them yourself (and if you have the time and motivation) go for it - think of how you'll feel when you've made them all and like you say then you'll have the letter plate to keep! You could always start up a wee business on the side after your wedding making stationery! x

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLoveBird View Post
    You could always start up a wee business on the side after your wedding making stationery! x

That's a great idea. The future Mr mazgillies keeps saying I should make invitations all the time as he loves what I've done with ours.

I'm dying to see what you're going to do gigglebert!!

Still watching the auction on ebay and I've found other options of sites to buy one from as well which is good. I've also found a step by step guide to building your own press so H2B might be getting the tools out.

Was speaking to a friend last night who is a graphic designer though and she thinks that she might be able to get my invites done for me cheaper so might not need to make the investment. At very least am going to get her help to design them which will be good as I'm struggling to convert my ideas for swirly lines etc into actual images that I can use to get a plate made from!

H2B thinks that I'm mad but I just want really classic invites. I'd never have the time to keep my teaching job (with 2hrs driving a day) and set up a cottage industry so I think I'd be selling on the press if I do get it...
    ~ m xx

6th July 2012