Thread: Mobile Make Up Artist

Can anyone recommend a mobile make up artist? I live in North Lanarkshire and really dont know where to start. I dont want to book just anyone. Any help would be great! x

Don't know much about her but Alexis Miller was nominated for a VOWS Awards last year! I'm sure she's Lanarkshire-based.

Edit: Just reading her website there. Seems she's Glasgow-based!

i'm also looking for someone to do make up for north glasgow area, if anyone can recommend someone that isnt 2 expensive that would be great!

I've looked at all the websites but think the best recommendations come from people who have used the make up artists!

Please help, wedding is approaching fast! (APRIL)

Ive tried Alexis Miller but she already has a wedding booked on my date

Im looking at Pamper and Polish who are based in Wishaw. Her website looks really good.

Any other b2b have any ideas/recommendations?

Hi Sparkle bride

I was thinking about this same thing for my wedding too. I spoke to my beautician as she does wedding make up and she will come to my house to do it. You could check with your local beauty salon and see if they would do that - save you rushing about on the wedding morning and on checking this with my hairdresser who is along the road from my mum (where we are leaving from) and she said the beautician could go to her salon too so that hair and make could all be going on at the same time for everyone. Just wondered if that could be a possibility for you?

Im in North Lanarkshire too.

Hi

I used Mailin Haddow. Her website is http://www.mvmakeup.co.uk/

She was absolutely brilliant and she's really nice. We had a trial and she did what I asked. When it came to the morning of the wedding I said I wanted my eyeshadow a wee bit daker and she did it perfectly.

I don't know how much she is as I booked her through my hair dresser and paid them for the hair and make up package. They are http://www.belleandblackley.com/home.html

T_H
    Married August 08

Hi
    I've booked Valerie at V&A Creative Moments for my wedding in August. I saw her at a wedding fayre in Hamilton and she had a fantastic book showing all the different makeup she's done. She was really nice to talk to.
    She's on SWD too but I must have missed her here.
    They do photography too but I've already got that sorted or else I might have booked that aswell.

Well after doing some heavy researching ive decided to book Pamper and Polish. Thank you ladies for all your recommendations. Ill defo keep a note of them incase my date is booked already with her.

QUOTE (sparklebride @ Feb 5 2009, 12:49 PM) [url="index.php?act=findpost&pid=253"]
    Well after doing some heavy researching ive decided to book Pamper and Polish. Thank you ladies for all your recommendations. Ill defo keep a note of them incase my date is booked already with her.[/b]

Hello,
    I am new to the forum - Im getting married in the Fife area so looking for someone mobile, or in that area as i live in Glasgow. Sparklebride I wandered when your date was as i'm also thinking about pamper and polish

thanks

QUOTE (sparklebride @ Feb 4 2009, 09:44 PM) [url="index.php?act=findpost&pid=185"]
    Ive tried Alexis Miller but she already has a wedding booked on my date

Im looking at Pamper and Polish who are based in Wishaw. Her website looks really good.

Any other b2b have any ideas/recommendations?[/b]
    I found Alexis Miller to be quite rude, well her emails were very blunt- so i didn't bother going with her.

i have went with eyecandy scotland.

I was a bridesmaid to one of my friends last year and we used 'simply make up'. Saw them at the wedding show and they were brilliant - airbrushed foundation was fantastic.

Wesbsite incase anyone is interested

http://www.simplymake-up.co.uk/

x
    16th July 2011 - hurry up!

Well I went with eyecandy, they were recommended to me by my friend who used them as well as her sister last year. Had my trial the other week, it was excellent & just what I had pictured for the big day, feel so much more confident about it all now!