Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Stagger!

Mrs Lee2Be,

I know what you mean, one of my hubbys friends is already married but his stag night was very tame so I think hubbys friends thought it was a big blow out, I have warned hubby that he better never go back in one of those places again, even if he is on another stag do, I dont care, he can go to another pub with the guy who was his best man as he has also been warned by his girlfriend.
    I've never got the whole "last night of freedom" thing, me and my hubby have been together 7 years before we got married so it wasnt ok in the 7 years why should it be ok on that night?
    I got a text from the best man to say sorry, if I had know how you felt we wouldnt have gone in. I said thanks but I dont understand how he ever thought I would be ok with it.
    As with the rest of hubbys friends, think they just went for the ignoring it option, none of them mentioned it at the wedding. I would like to know thou if all their girlfriends know what happened and if they were ok with it. It might be a different story if it was their guy who was the stag.

Oh god I'd be so raging if that happened on my h2b's stag night. Honestly, I'd probably un-invite the best man if that happened.

What is with the whole 'last night of freedom' anyway?! Me and h2b have been together for 6 years so in my eyes he should have had his night before we got together lol!

x

It's just been the straw that's broken the camel's back. Within the past 8 weeks my sisters fell out and one of them assaulted the other (they are both my bridesmaids! Cue separate dress fittings and shoe fittings!), then the best man got arrested, now THIS! It's actually more than I can take - just been in the toilets blubbing - this was actually supposed to be fun but right now I wish we'd stuck to the original plan and gone to Vegas!!

xx

Super Senior Member

the thing I'm totally astounded with is the beating thing. I just don't get how that is fun? why would you want to see your mate beaten up by 2 girls on a night that is meant to be about him? if it was my H2B I would call the police and get them charged with assault, I don't care if they got paid to do it, its wrong. On the whole lapdancing/stripper thing I can understand that more. I'm not sure its helpful but I've actually been to a lapdancing club and I can honestly say it was the least sexual place I've been to in my life, and all the men looked more interested in their drinks that the girls! it was actually v boring. I would say I would ironically trust my man more in one of those places than a dodgy nightclub where all the girls are easy/drunk/looking for a one night stand!

MrsLee2B, hope you're feeling a bit better after your wee blub - it usually works for me!

I can think of a good use for those golf clubs if your best man thinks physical violence is at all entertaining.

I am seriously considering walking out on all our plans and heading off to be married in private, It seems all too common for people to get a bit crazy (and not i a good way) around weddings?

We are all (I think) behind you and agree that what went on is not right, for many reasons.

Hope your lovely man's chest hair grows fast!!

M x
    Friday 13th May, 2011

Super Senior Member Greigorysgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by comingupfromengland View Post
    I'm not sure its helpful but I've actually been to a lapdancing club and I can honestly say it was the least sexual place I've been to in my life, and all the men looked more interested in their drinks that the girls! it was actually v boring. I would say I would ironically trust my man more in one of those places than a dodgy nightclub where all the girls are easy/drunk/looking for a one night stand!
    I know what you mean! I trust my H2B 100% but for some reason would prefer him in a lapdancing bar than a sleezy nightclub!

IMO there is a big dfference between going to a strip bar and actually getting a private dance or 'beating'! How bizarre, never heard of this before but I suppose for some groups of guys the stag doo must all be about humiliating the stag. My H2B would just refuse to go through with something like this, not caring what his friends thought. Although they are all very sensible - they will probably end up out for a curry then an early night! lol
    Engaged 7th September 2010
    Wedding Day 12th November 2011

Oh-my-god! I wouldn't say I was a very naive person, I mean I have heard about some things that go on in strip clubs but that is a total extreme...ouch! I would also be furious if it was my H2B too.

You sound like you're really upset, I really feel for you I know it's horrific - actually horrific but don't let it ruin your day, what's done is done and there's not really that much you can do about it now - his hair will grow back eventually...Has your H2B had a word with his BM?! Personally I would have the BM round and grovelling for forgiveness before the wedding so that you have cleared the air - don't want feelings like that bottled up before the big day itself! And I'm afraid a text saying sorry I upset you just wouldn't cut it for me! Some guys just REALLY have no clue, especially when they are single (is he?).

In fact I think you should be more than entitled to have him strapped down to your dining room table for a bikini wax himself. See how he likes it when the hair starts to grow back in! What an idiot.

Super Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by r.anderson23 View Post

In fact I think you should be more than entitled to have him strapped down to your dining room table for a bikini wax himself. See how he likes it when the hair starts to grow back in! What an idiot.
    Yay! I agree. how about you ask BM if he'd be prepared to give up a little of his own hair as a way of saying he's sorry? A little back and sac anyone??

Just been reading the rest of these posts and it's made me totally raging!

I actually don't know why guys think this is fun/sexy?? My h2b tells me he thinks strip clubs are a waste of money and he isn't interested in them at all. Didn't stop him going to two of them over the weekend. Think he actually protests too much if you know what I mean.

He said they did it to his bro as a means of embarrassment and just for a laugh. I have no idea if he had a private dance (scared to ask) the thought makes me ill

I've still got his own stag do to go through and he's thinking of going to Croatia (will be hyperventilating the whole weekend). I know boys will be boys but as some of you thought I was under the impression that strippers just stripped off (top only) and had a shimmy around. Don't think I know the half of it. Maybe that's just aswell.

I sound like a total prude but all this strip/lap dancing malarky is just so seedy to me!
    ~ x July 3 2011 x ~

Must be the "Done thing" in Aberdeen, a friend of mine had his Stag there earlier this year and he too was a broken man by the end of it!! The strippers beat him senseless!! At one point they made him lie with his legs either side of a pole and pulled him full force onto it!! so you can imagine, right between the legs!!

He also had belt buckle bruises etc. His wife to be was absolutely horrified!! as I would be!! Not exactly what I would call fun!

Luckily my H2B has zero interest in Strip clubs, probably best for the stripper cause if they were to treat him like that he'd knock their block off!! Women or not!!

Sicko's!
    ****Nicola & Graham 27th August 2011****

I cannot believe what I've read on here! I am actually quite disturbed by this 'beating' thing. I'm so sorry you're having to keep reliving it every time you look at his bruises and waxed bits too.

If you know where he went I would genuinely think about making a complaint to the local council - they are quite strict about the control of these places. If I was a bloke and it happened to me I'd be going to the police and getting them charged with assault. That is horrendous!

Thank god my h2b and his mates are all old and sensible! He's the only one left not married and they've all got little kids too. I was slightly worried that might make them worse but apparently they're planning dinner and a few beers. He's too crap a liar to be fibbing!
    16th April 2011 - Counting down the days!

That is crazy!! Boys are mental....and that's so bad about his eye....and could have been so much worse! At least it's over now....maybe should organise something similar for the best man, see how he likes it??

I told h2b that I will wax a strip off every panel on the best man!! I also told him the best man had better be round here with an apology before the wedding! I'm pretty disturbed by it but got to just get on with it - altho h2b has been told to keep that chest COVERED for just now!!

Thanks for all your support girls - it's helped me get through the day!! You are all wee stars!!!!

xx

Me and h2b went a run in the car earlier on and ended up having a fight about this thread lol!

He says strippers at stag nights are like a rite of passage (that I get) what I was saying was that nowadays things seem to be getting way out of hand. He said it's not a sexual thing but an act of humiliation for the stag. He said his bro had a collar round his neck and a girl walked him round like a dog...I mean wtf is wrong with these people??

Anyway glad your feeling better MrsLee2b It's good when us girls all stick together. I'm off to research butlers in the buff for my hen weekend
    ~ x July 3 2011 x ~

We had a humungous fight about it too MrsHowie2B - I almost called it all off as I was so upset and H2B's attitude was terrible! I just don't get it - if I smacked H2B in the face he would go ballistic but they let these girls do it to them! Could you imagine if we asked them to get on all fours and walk about like a dog? We'd be told where to get off! Anyway, I'm still not going to speak to the best man - he needs to back off and just leave us alone! Grrr! Ha ha!

xx

i have to agree with the other ladies as well, h2b had his 'last night of freedom' years ago and if he feels he hasn't had it then me thinks he's getting married for all the wrong reasons. we've been together a long time, have 3 kids- a stag night to me is no bloody excuse of doing something that could ruin everything we have. at the end of the day, would men like it if a guy was gyrating on us giving us private dances (shoving his bits in your coupon), leaving marks on us? i know this is TMI but in all our 'sessions' if you get what i mean, neither of us have had marks like that. so why is it ok for some s*ut to do it? i really feel for you, i can understand why your livid, i really dunno if i could forgive that- esp if his attitude about it was bad. i'm bloody raging for you, had a panic attack last night and couldn't sleep thinking about my h2b's stag night

I am still really upset about it but H2B has been told he needs to buck up! As for the best man - well, with only 2 weeks til the wedding it's too late to sack him now but he had BETTER keep well away from me (and my sis and my mum!) I'm still very hurt but I guess I'll get over it. Thing is I didn't even say NO STRIPPERS - my mum was in picking my dad and grandpa up from the stagger - Shane could have come home but the Best Man had already booked a hotel for them (without even speaking to me or Shane about it!) Then to not come home until 7.30pm on Sunday after a game of golf was just taking the proverbial! H2B has been told to remember he's not a single guy and to stop spending so much time with the BM, it all came to a head last night but fingers crossed it will all be ok, there's other stuff been going on too and I think I'd just had enough yesterday.

He's still wearing a t-shirt to bed though!! I'm not THAT much of a push over!! *evil laugh*

xx

Oh my god can't believe they done that to your poor man. Why do some men act so bloody immature, what is wrong with a curry, beer a poker night. I hate the thought of my fiance at a srtip club, he has been well warned that he will be doing nothing of the sort for his stag party. I have also warned my brother (who is helping with the arrangements) NO STRIPPERS lol.
    getting married on the 3rd September 2011

I thought I was being good by not bothering if they went to the strippers but BM just took it too far! He's got no remorse for upsetting me so much which is just upsetting me all the more!! Boys are just idiots, plain and simple!!

xx

Default stagger

I think ur h2b's response is merely him trying to save face. He probably feels humiliated and is trying to be macho about it all.He probably knows his best man was way out of line and took it way too far, but won't want to confront him as it is so near ur wedding day..He may well do it after the big day. I showed this thread to my h2b and he was like WTF. That went way too far, the poor guy's vision is blurred. I understand how u are feeling but if i were u i would concentrate on the approaching big day.The BM is probs smiling at all the upset he has caused. He dosen't sound like too nice a guy 2b honest.You just show him that u and h2b are so excited at the prosect of ur wedding day and smile at him and nothing else.I wouldn't even get into a conversation about it. It will just marr ur special day if u keep going over things. I feel for u chick, i really do. I have been upset like u many a time.( we have been 2gether 21 years by the time we get married next August) . Men are just thoughtless wehn they all get 2gether and never think of the consequences, or the upset it cause their loved ones. JUst you focus on the days remaing till your day and ignore that idiot of a BM.You mean more to ur h2b than him.
    take care chick..xxx

Quote Originally Posted by perfectwife2b View Post
    i have to agree with the other ladies as well, h2b had his 'last night of freedom' years ago and if he feels he hasn't had it then me thinks he's getting married for all the wrong reasons. we've been together a long time, have 3 kids- a stag night to me is no bloody excuse of doing something that could ruin everything we have. at the end of the day, would men like it if a guy was gyrating on us giving us private dances (shoving his bits in your coupon), leaving marks on us? i know this is TMI but in all our 'sessions' if you get what i mean, neither of us have had marks like that. so why is it ok for some s*ut to do it? i really feel for you, i can understand why your livid, i really dunno if i could forgive that- esp if his attitude about it was bad. i'm bloody raging for you, had a panic attack last night and couldn't sleep thinking about my h2b's stag night
    This made me laugh out loud, just because you have my sentiments exactly!!! Totally agree! Well said Perfectwife2b!
    ****Nicola & Graham 27th August 2011****

Quote Originally Posted by Future Mrs F View Post
    This made me laugh out loud, just because you have my sentiments exactly!!! Totally agree! Well said Perfectwife2b!
    lol, its true though. i'm sick of this good for the goose and not for the gander attitude from men. i said to my H2B a few mths ago about doing a pole fitness class (which as many of you know is about toning up and not having cash stuffed in our knickers, i wish lol) and his response was NO. yet we've had the stripper talk (yes it got heated) and he see's nothing wrong with it???????? unbelievable are men!!!! my retaliation is well if its good for you, its good for me! lmao.if he does do it for his stag do, he better hope he doesn't get caught

hmm, like you say perfectwife2b, I'm sure all of our h2b's would go ballistic if we came back from our hens with these sorts of stories!!

I feel like I am dreading my h2b's stag, why should it be like this??? I know I am not going to be happy the whole time he is away - its just not right.

I too didn't sleep too well last night after reading this post. Told h2b about it, and he wasn't fazed in the slightest!!

Hope your feeling better now MrsLee2b
    Last edited by mrsmcmtobe; 28-09-2010 at 07:48 PM. Reason: smilie