Thread: Huge ballgown or slinky little number?

Ros@SWD

Do you know what dress style you're going for yet?

Come on, it's GOT to be big! You might think you want a slinky one, until you try a huge ballgown... then you just feel like such a princess that you'll never want to take it off.

That's my experience so far anyway!!! i wouldn't go quite as far as jordan though, would you?

I think a big dress but not as big as Jordan - how would i fit down the aisle!!

Also i went to Angelique Lamont and the girl who was really helpful got me a dress to try on which she picked and it was huge - total disney princess dress but way to big and heavy for me!!!

Ive not even started looking yet. Where is the best place to go for a decent selection?

Advertisers Gioia Mia and Pleyel Quartet's Avatar

I tried two that I absolutely loved: one very plain but big skirt one, and one empire line column dress (not bias cut or slinky, but a bit 1930s looking).

In the end I went for the column one, it was a more understated. I loved it so much I think it was one of the first dresses I tried on, and the service where I bought it was top class.

My dress is in between - not a princess dress and not slim line either! It is a classic A line with a drop waist and is just perfect for me. Although it does have a huge train and I am having a cathedral length veil so that makes it look a bit bigger!

QUOTE (futuremrshastie @ Feb 9 2009, 07:52 PM) [url="index.php?act=findpost&pid=507"]
    Ive not even started looking yet. Where is the best place to go for a decent selection?[/b]

Hiya,

I would suggest maybe hitting a couple of wedding fairs, the choice is overwhelming but it will give you a good starting point!

Good luck.

QUOTE (ExcitableBride @ Feb 5 2009, 07:41 PM) [url="index.php?act=findpost&pid=270"]
    Come on, it's GOT to be big! You might think you want a slinky one, until you try a huge ballgown... then you just feel like such a princess that you'll never want to take it off.[/b]
    There is a difference between feeling like a princess and looking like a Disney princess. And most ballgowns I have seen are the wrong side of big for my liking.

I have not seen a single bride who wore one "on the flesh", even if they did try it on the shop.

I totally agree! I'd found a column-style dress that I loved, and was pretty adamant that I was going to get it, but popped into another shop on my lunchbreak one day. The assistant was really enthusiastic, and pulled out a dress that she thought would suit me. It was everything I'd told myself I didn't want - full ballgown, train, strapless...and I adore it! It's definitely not 'Jordanesque', but it's a proper full skirt and I have totally had my opinion changed.

QUOTE (ExcitableBride @ Feb 5 2009, 07:41 PM) [url="index.php?act=findpost&pid=270"]
    Come on, it's GOT to be big! You might think you want a slinky one, until you try a huge ballgown... then you just feel like such a princess that you'll never want to take it off.

That's my experience so far anyway!!! i wouldn't go quite as far as jordan though, would you?[/b]
    Mrs Hemphill from 22nd May 2010!

I want to be able to dance and go to the loo by myself! I think I'm going for one which doesn't need a hooped underskirt.

Lx

My dress is not huge and its not slinky. I love it. I also tried on a huge Jordan like dress and everyone said how lost i looked in it. It was amazing trying it on though