Thread: Photographers in Fife area

Default Photographers in Fife area

Hi, i am looking for a photographer for our wedding at the Old Course Hotel in St Andrews. Can anyone recommend any? Also going to be looking for a videographer. Thanks guys x

Wedding Supplier PLANS AND PRESENTS's Avatar

I will recommend 2 photographers

Rhoddy Stewart [ based in Falkirk] www.rhoddystewartphotography.co.uk

and

Stuart Craig [based in Edinburgh] www.stuartcraig.com

I ma sure both of these photographers would be willing to travel beacuse not great distance between there and your venue.
    Alison Tinlin Wedding Planner
    www.plansandpresents.co.uk
    UK No.3 Wedding Tweeter
    http://www.easyweddingsearch.com/twitter/top100.htm

Wallace Artworks

Yeah,
    I would say expand your search to include Edinburgh...... there are hundreds though! LOL

What end of the budget scale are you? Obviously I can't recommend myself (unfortunately), but I can recommend Alan Thomson.... Thomson Photography in Edinburgh.... he did my wedding last year.

Wedding Supplier PLANS AND PRESENTS's Avatar

also google nadine dunnigan photography, she is fab and based in Edinburgh!
    Alison Tinlin Wedding Planner
    www.plansandpresents.co.uk
    UK No.3 Wedding Tweeter
    http://www.easyweddingsearch.com/twitter/top100.htm

Wedding Supplier

As other people have pointed out, there are not many photographers located in the area. While we are based in St Andrews, most of our colleagues are further afield (Dundee and Edinburgh.) Do you have an idea of what kind of style you are looking for (photo-journalistic, fashion etc.?) and your budget?

Advertisers FairyTale Productions's Avatar

I would have thought that most photographers and videographers would be prepared to travel to St. Andrews to cover a wedding. We regularly travel as far north as Inverness and even down to Manchester and we are based in Glasgow.

Good luck in your search.

Regards

John
    FairyTale Productions
    Wedding Films and Photography
    www.fairytaleproductions.co.uk
    Wedding Films and Photography
    www.fairytaleproductions.co.uk

Wedding Supplier

I would agree that there are so many wedding photographers to choose from especially when you widen your search to Edinburgh. Based in Edinburgh myself I am always willing to travel further a field. Please have a look at my website and if you like my images feel free to get in contact. Good luck.
    Gail Galbraith Photography
    Web: www.gailgalbraith.co.uk

I would recommend:

Nikki McLeod
    www.nmcleodphotography.co.uk

Catch Photography
    www.catchphotography.co.uk

Lifetime Photography
    www.lifetimephotography.co.uk

All these are based in Fife. (hope I've remembered the websites correctly - if not, then you should be able to find all of them using google!)

As the others have said, it may well be worth widening your search, as lots of photographers will travel. However, I'd also say there's possibly an advantage to choosing a photographer that knows the venue too and has done photos there before (as they will know good places to get photos within the venue).

Wallace Artworks

Hello again Louise,
    How did you get on, are you still looking for a photographer?

I meant to ask, are you from St Andrew's, or are you travelling there for your wedding?

My inlaws are all Fifers...... Hubby has a serious thing about Crail (childhood memories I guess) and I've promised him we can retire there....
    He has relatives in St Andrew's too..... it's lovely there.

Anyway, I thought I'd ask how you got on with your search? Because I'm nosey like that, LOL!

If you're still looking, don't know if it helps but there are some recommendations here......

http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/c...m/topic/213543

http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/c...m/topic/216053

"My inlaws are all Fifers...... Hubby has a serious thing about Crail (childhood memories I guess) and I've promised him we can retire there...."

Both H2B and I grew up in Crail...even though we live thousands of miles away now its still home and I miss the place so much sometimes. We get married in Crail Church on 26th June next year...can't wait! We will move back one day (when we can afford a house there!) It's like living in a soap opera sometimes cos its so small and everyone knows everyone elses business, but it was such a great place to grow up.

Anyways, sorry for hijacking the thread! Back on topic, has anyone looked at Ellis-Gibson Photography in Perth? I'm on the hunt for a photograoher too...would haver liked Team Thompson as theydid a wedding at our venue last year and the photos looked fab, but they were out of our budget

Wedding Supplier

Most photographers will be very happy to travel for your locations. I am based in East Kilbride and more than happy to travel in any direction for customers.

Good luck in your search
    Donna

Donna Hall Photography

Wallace Artworks

Quote Originally Posted by mrswtobee View Post
    Both H2B and I grew up in Crail...even though we live thousands of miles away now its still home and I miss the place so much sometimes. We get married in Crail Church on 26th June next year...can't wait! We will move back one day (when we can afford a house there!) It's like living in a soap opera sometimes cos its so small and everyone knows everyone elses business, but it was such a great place to grow up.
    Yeah, the prices are high, I think there's quite a demand for holiday homes. He took me to what was his Grandparents house... a BIG stone house on the North side of the High Street..... No way we could even touch it now price-wise!

Anyway..... I'm blethering away here, I hope you find a fabby photographer for your big day!

Wallace Artworks

Just thought I'd add this thread to here, as there are a fair few photographers mentioned and it's bound to help someone!

http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/c...m/topic/219393

Fairytale Productions is based in Glasgow and does both video and photos. John will travel to Fife. He is doing our wedding at Balbirnie House in Markinch. His pics are great and so are his prices, especially for a joint package.

Other recommended photographers are Tom Gibson...but quite expensive I think. Gordon McGowan and Rober McLaughlin. All get a great name.

Whoever you choose, make sure you meet them and are comfortable with them. We met a few that were very pushy and no matter how desparate we were, would not have given them the business.

Good luck.

Nottingham, but originally from Edinburgh

Default Fantastic Fife Photographer

Try Caroline Trotter - based in Fife, www.carolinetrotter.co.uk. I am hoping to have her as my wedding photographer.