Thread: My Invitations - Opinions??

Default My Invitations - Opinions??

Hi folks,

I made a start on our invites last night, this was my first attempt at them so wanted some feedback. We are going for a scottish theme with lots of thistles and deep, rich purples and silvers to make a bit mordern. We dont really like fussyness with things so wanted something simple but stylish. Do you think these are ok? Any improvements would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

x x xx x x

And another.....

And again... I havent done the inserts yet, going to leave them till nearer the time. I have started our place cards as well but they are just white card with a silver plaque and i will print another white plaque with the guests name on it.

Senior Platinum Member

They're lovely....at first with the way the picture was I thought the shiny card was gold and wasn't so sure.....but the others showed up as silver and are really smart.....well done you.
    1st October 2010...the best day of my life....I married my best friend

Quote Originally Posted by mrsandersontobe View Post
    They're lovely....at first with the way the picture was I thought the shiny card was gold and wasn't so sure.....but the others showed up as silver and are really smart.....well done you.
    I know what you mean about the shiny card, i tried 3 different places in the house trying to get a half decent pic but because it was getting dark there was no good natural light!!! It was a nightmare.

x x x x x

Senior Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Miller 2b View Post
    I know what you mean about the shiny card, i tried 3 different places in the house trying to get a half decent pic but because it was getting dark there was no good natural light!!! It was a nightmare.

x x x x x
    they are lovely Mrs Miller 2b....you should be well pleased with yourself.....remember as it's your first one you need to keep it.....don't send it out.....put it in your wee keepsake box so you can look back at all your good work !!
    1st October 2010...the best day of my life....I married my best friend

Super Senior Platinum Member Mrs McDermott's Avatar

Aw well done you! That is beautiful and i love the colours too:-) I wouldnt change a thing on that at all. Hope you're very pleased with yourself:-) Mrs McD2b-x-
    Donna & Jim - 20th August 2011

www.donna-and-jim.are.gettingmarried.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by mrsandersontobe View Post
    they are lovely Mrs Miller 2b....you should be well pleased with yourself.....remember as it's your first one you need to keep it.....don't send it out.....put it in your wee keepsake box so you can look back at all your good work !!
    Aww i hadnt thought about that, good idea, i am going to do that! Like a wee memory chest thing. You get some nice wee fancy boxes and that these days, i will have to look out for one. Thanks Mrsandersontobe

x x x x

I think they are really lovely. Very different and I really like the shiny card effect! I would go ahead as they are, there perfect!

Jx

They are stunning! Very similar to the ones I am gonna be making. If you don't mind me asking, where did you buy your thistles from?

Quote Originally Posted by meegs View Post
    They are stunning! Very similar to the ones I am gonna be making. If you don't mind me asking, where did you buy your thistles from?
    Hi meegs, I got the thistles from Flowerscene at the weekend, you can buy bags of them, I got two different sizes, the smaller ones were 2.25 + vat for 6 bundles of 12 and the bigger ones were 3.50 + vat. I had looked on the net but cudnt fin anywhere that were as cheap as that but I didn't try Country basket, going there at the weekend.

Hope that helps