Thread: 18/07/10 - Wedding Report (Ingliston Equestrian Centre)

Default 18/07/10 - Wedding Report (Ingliston Equestrian Centre)

Weve been back from our honeymoon about a week so I figured it was about time I wrote a wee report! To be honest the whole day went by in a bit of a blur, but here is what I remember!

I was surprised but I actually managed to sleep the night before (maybe because Id hardly slept all week!). I got up about 9ish to get ready for the hairdresser and the makeup artist arriving. My sister and BM came over and we had a nice relaxing morning. My dad made us all rolls and sausage, we cracked open the champagne and started getting ready. The photographer arrived and began snapping away and it began to dawn on me that it really was happening!

The photographer left to go take some pics of Stephen and his BM etc, my Mum went ahead to the venue, my sister, best friend, my Dad and I just pottered about waiting for the cars to arrive! We ended up ready nice and early I think I was just too excited and desperate to get there.

The car arrived to take us to the venue it took about 30 mins to get there. The plan was to arrive at Ingliston, go round to the lodges to pick up my flowergirl then drive round to the Salerno suite. It seemed like a good plan.......until we arrived at the lodges to get my FG and I notice the MOG and some other guests all standing about! AAaargh!! And if the MOG was there that must mean that Stephen, his BM, usher and the FOG must all be there too! Cue major panic and my one and only bridezilla moment as I shouted at the chauffeur to get me out of there! We had to hide behind a horsebox to make sure no one saw us. Thankfully disaster was averted! We hid until everyone had made their way round to the suite, I calmed down, we picked up our flowergirl and made our way round (its funny now but it was a major panic at the time).

The ceremony itself passed in a flash, I dont remember very much about it. I do remember crying lots, gazing at Stephen and being unable to wipe the smile off my face!

After the ceremony we left to get our pics taken a totally weird experience but good fun! Unfortunately we didnt get to see our caricaturist or hear our musicians but the guests seemed to enjoy it.

After our photos we all moved upstairs for dinner. We started off with the speeches they were all fab. Stephen had just started his speech, I looked down at my lap, and to my horror I can see a huge bug crawling through my dress abut 6 layers down! So Im trying to look at Stephen, smile and listen to his speech, while desperately trying to get the creepy crawly out of my dress (thankfully no one noticed).

After dinner I tried really hard to go round and speak to everyone, we only had 60 day guests but it was so hard to talk to everyone. I was shocked when the evening guests began to arrive I couldnt believe that was the time.

Our first dance was Run by Snow Patrol, the band were amazing. We danced ourselves for the first verse and chorus then everyone else joined us on the floor. It was just perfect. After that I began to let my hair down! I had a few glasses of wine, danced loads, chatted to as many people as possible and had a fantastic time.

I was disappointed when the end of the night came, I wanted my day to last forever! It was amazing it was everything (and more) that Stephen and I had hoped for.

So now Im a bit lost and dont know what to do with myself! I miss all the planning, and I miss looking forward to it, but I have so many happy memories and Im delighted to finally be Mrs Burns.

Our pics are online if anyone wants a look. Ive loved looking at everyone elses so I guess its only fair that I share!

http://jclark8.photobiz.com/cart/eve...eventID=459808

Password = 180710jcp

The photos look fantastic - the dress looks amazing on Cheryl - I mean Mrs Cheryl Burns!!

Congratulations x

Platinum Member

gorgeous photos!! u look amazing! congratulations! x

congrats your photos are gorgeous xx
    30th September 2011

You look stunning xx

Thanks for sharing your report and photos, you looked stunning!! I loved, loved, loved your dress and shoes xxx

Wow, your photoos are fab, I just loveeee your dress, shoes an birdcage veil, absolutley gorgeous, it's a pity I already have my dress 'cos I really love that style now

Lovely! I absolutely love your dress! x
    16th July 2011 - hurry up!

Gorgeous photos!

I loved your bouquet!

I love your report and your pics are amazing, congrats!

Can I be nosey and ask where you got your pictures taken, the ones outside in the woods etc? I'm also getting married at Ingliston and I was a wee bit worried that there would be nowhere nice outside to get them taken, but your pics have proved me wrong lol

xxxx

Thanks for all your lovely comments!!

We got our pictures taken at the field just past the equestrian centre, looking over the river. Then the rest of the pictures were taken around the old house, just before the centre on the left hand side. Ian got us a golf buggy to drive us to both locations - it was fab.

The venue was amazing - the whole thing was just perfect!

Cheryl, forgot to share this last week - your wedding is now up on the blog!

Some fab wedding shots of you, your gorgeous dress and what looks like a fabulous wedding day!

Thanks for sharing.

Cx

http://www.wedding-inspiration.com/r...wedding-dress/

Hi cheryl! Its Ali! Just joined this site to get ideas for the wedding and came across this forum and read the report and thought hang on I was at this wedding! What a great day it was! You looked so beautiful!Hope you and Stephen are well!x