Thread: 2011 Brides

Hi

Now that we have finally made the decision to put the wedding back to 2011 I am feeling a bit blah. Is there anything I can actually do? I am worried it is too early to even book the venue, what if i change my mind about what I want as its so far away!?

QUOTE (clarabo @ May 14 2009, 08:10 AM) [url="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2454"]
    Hi

Now that we have finally made the decision to put the wedding back to 2011 I am feeling a bit blah. Is there anything I can actually do? I am worried it is too early to even book the venue, what if i change my mind about what I want as its so far away!?[/b]

Hi Clare,

It's not really that far away...when we first got engaged last July, it was 22 months until our wedding, and it's now 12 months (and 8 days!), and I'm starting to panic as I really don't know where the time has gone.

Venues book up pretty quickly, so if there's somewhere you've got your heart set on, it's never really too early. We booked ours 2 weeks after we got engaged, and I'm really glad we did as I'm such a worrier that I'd have been a total nightmare if we hadn't! The great thing is, you've got lots of time now to do things exactly how you want to, so you can enjoy the planning and take more time over things - you wont have to make any rushed decisions.

Do you have any dates in mind?

I planned virtually everything within the first couple of weeks, so I knew straight away when everything needs to be booked, who the best suppliers for what I want are, etc etc. And most importantly, I know how much things cost, when they need to be paid, and what we can and can't afford, so I'm finding it really good fun now as it's all shopping! People thought I was mad initially but they see now that it was actually a good thing that I was so obsessed to start with because it's given us a very clear plan.

Don't feel blah about it - just think how stress-free you'll be in the run-up as you've given yourself plenty of time to get everything done. Time will fly by, and it only seems so far away because it's currently 2009: we thought it was ages away when we were telling people our wedding is in May 2010, but on the 1st of January we realised that we had to start saying 'next May' and that sounded like no time at all! It's only a few months until you'll be saying the same thing!

Vicki x
    Mrs Hemphill from 22nd May 2010!

Hi Vicki

Thanks so much for your reply, it made me feel much better. You are right, it doesn't hurt to be organised!!

This morning I emailed the events woman at the venue and got her to hold a date for us. Because it is so far in the future we can even hold it for a while with no deposit which is good as my paprents haven't even seen the venue!

I have also enquired about quite a few bands and some are sending us CDs and DVDs. I am hoping because the wedding is a million years away we can have our pick of suppliers....just have to hope we don't change our minds about anything!!

I am even going dress shopiing tomorrow..however, these appointments were booked before we changed the date and I didn't want to cancel at the last minute. Suppose it wont do any harm to know what styles I like.

It still feels really far away but we have 5 weddings to go to this year and by the time they are over it will be under 2 years...not so bad! lol!

C x

Wedding Supplier LittleTigerCreations's Avatar

It will not be long in coming round at all. You have the pleasure of relaxing and making your decisions in your own time without having to worry about bands being booked quickly, the date fast approaching, budget restrictions. I'm so jealous! I booked and organised our wedding in under 12 months and I really wish I could have spread it out and enjoyed it a bit more rather than stressing.

There is lots that you can be doing, deciding on colours, themes, styles, stationery. When the two year mark hits you can get quotations and maybe the company will honour those prices for your 2011 wedding.

Good luck and enjoy

Jacx
    Little Tiger Creations
    www.littletigercreations.com

Clarbo, I'm getting married in July 2011 and have already booked chapel, hall and photographer. Have chosen cars and caterers and will be booking them very soon! I've found if we book things in advance we get this years prices held and we can pay off little bits at a time too! A few of the suppliers we've spoken to have already taken a few bookings for 2011 already. I'd go ahead and book things if you can.x
    16th July 2011 - hurry up!

Hi Clarabo,

Take it from a wedding planner - it's never to early to get started!!!

This allows you time to really research things & get the suppliers you really want instead of settling for the ones who are available on your date. It also allows you time to enjoy it, planning at your lesiure & not stressing.

As far as dress shopping, there is no harm & going out having a look to get ideas - we are seeing 2011 brides already!

Good Luck & enjoy!

Victoria

Platinum Member

I'm the same - my weddings July 2011. Got the church and the reception hotel booked, and looking to book the band next week after we've seen them play live. When I was at a wedding fair the other week, when some suppliers asked when the wedding was, they became a bit dis-interested. I was a bit dishartened talking to them, but later realised that they probably thought I would not be able to book anything there an then, which I suppose is why they go to the fairs.

I'm going back to uni this year so enjoying the planning and sorting through ideas just now, so when I'm finished I will already know what I want and can go about sorting it all. The only thing is I want to wait a year til I get my dress (I think just now is a bit too early lol) and the bridesmaid dresses - but I would like to know the exact colour of the bridesmaid dresses (they're going to be dark red, but there's so many shades I don't know what I'll end up with) so I can start looking at other things to match in.

Arrgh! A catch 22 i guess!!

PS I also feel I have to justify why my wedding is being planned so far in advance. Anyone else feel like this?!

Im June 2011 and have booked th venue and plan 2 organise 1 step at a time lol x

QUOTE (Sue @ May 16 2009, 09:46 PM) [url="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2500"]
    PS I also feel I have to justify why my wedding is being planned so far in advance. Anyone else feel like this?![/b]
    Yes I always feel like that, but then mine is 2012!!

QUOTE (Sue @ May 16 2009, 09:46 PM) [url="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2500"]
    I'm the same - my weddings July 2011. Got the church and the reception hotel booked, and looking to book the band next week after we've seen them play live. When I was at a wedding fair the other week, when some suppliers asked when the wedding was, they became a bit dis-interested. I was a bit dishartened talking to them, but later realised that they probably thought I would not be able to book anything there an then, which I suppose is why they go to the fairs.

I'm going back to uni this year so enjoying the planning and sorting through ideas just now, so when I'm finished I will already know what I want and can go about sorting it all. The only thing is I want to wait a year til I get my dress (I think just now is a bit too early lol) and the bridesmaid dresses - but I would like to know the exact colour of the bridesmaid dresses (they're going to be dark red, but there's so many shades I don't know what I'll end up with) so I can start looking at other things to match in.

Arrgh! A catch 22 i guess!!

PS I also feel I have to justify why my wedding is being planned so far in advance. Anyone else feel like this?![/b]
    Hi
    It’s never too early to plan or make bookings. You are right to book the venue first as dates can be booked well in advance especially for popular venues in the summer months.
    Sorry to hear you had a disappointing experience at the wedding fair - it certainly shouldn’t have put suppliers off as many do have bookings for 2011. I can’t speak for all but we certainly don’t expect couples to make a booking on the day (if they do it’s welcome but we usually offer our special discounts for about a week after a fair).
    Take the time to do your research but most of all enjoy the planning stage as it will fly by.
    V&A Creative Moments
    Photographer and Make-up Artist
    www.vandacreativemoments.co.uk

Our wedding is May 2011 and we booked last month. If we hadn't have booked then we wouldn't have got the date we wanted. All the Sat's for the next two years are just about taken up so we went for the bank holiday Friday at the end of May. Already there are no Friday's left in June, July or August. I think two years is a nice length of time to get your venue, photographer and band booked then the rest of the time you can use to save.

i'm getting married in may 2011 also and we're hoping to get the photographer, videographer and band booked in next couple of months. If we can get the main things booked then its less stress!
    xXx Charlene and Wullie - 21st May 2011 xXx