Thread: Edinburgh Hair and Make-up Recommendations - help!

Hi!

I was wondering if anyone had any good recommendations for bridal hair and make-up in Edinburgh? I live in Dundee so I haven't got a clue (believe me, I've considered paying for my normal hairdresser to come through!).

I'm looking for a quite natural look for my hair and make-up - tousled hair and smoky eyes to match the stones in my dress.

Any recommendations would be much welcome! The wedding is this November and on a Sunday.

I am using Jane Kelly who is based in Edinburgh - just type Jane Kelly make up into Google. She is fab!

Thank you for the recommendation Sam27. I'm a dope and didn't see your entry before I booked my make-up!

I've decided to go with EyeCandy make-up after I saw some examples on their website. They look really good and have been really helpful so far.

Has anyone got any hair recommendations for Edinburgh? Has anyone used Gillian Miller or Gwen McKenzie before? I'm looking for a quite natural look, rather than getting my hair put up.

QUOTE (Mrs Wilson (to be) @ May 19 2009, 09:01 AM) [url="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2545"]
    Thank you for the recommendation Sam27. I'm a dope and didn't see your entry before I booked my make-up!

I've decided to go with EyeCandy make-up after I saw some examples on their website. They look really good and have been really helpful so far.

Has anyone got any hair recommendations for Edinburgh? Has anyone used Gillian Miller or Gwen McKenzie before? I'm looking for a quite natural look, rather than getting my hair put up.[/b]
    I'm using eyecandy too, had my trial a couple of weeks back & it was fab! I'm also using Gwen Mckenzie for hair, she's really good, I wanted some loose natural curls, half up/half down style & it was just what I was looking for. I think she does quite a few weddings with eyecandy as well, both have been really great so far! x

QUOTE (glitterb2b @ May 19 2009, 09:15 AM) [url="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2546"]
    I'm using eyecandy too, had my trial a couple of weeks back & it was fab! I'm also using Gwen Mckenzie for hair, she's really good, I wanted some loose natural curls, half up/half down style & it was just what I was looking for. I think she does quite a few weddings with eyecandy as well, both have been really great so far! x[/b]

That's really reassuring glitter2b! I'm just waiting for an email back from Gwen Mckenzie, but I was really impressed with her website.

It's so hard deciding who to trust with your hair and make-up. I want to look myself - just a much more glamorous version! x

Dickson Reid Hairdressers is right in the centre of town. I highly reccommend Chris (Dickson)! Not oly is he a fantastic Hairdresser, he will really make you laugh and calm any wedding morning jitters!

& give you and your party free champers! x

QUOTE (mrsR2b @ May 26 2009, 08:08 PM) [url="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2707"]
    Dickson Reid Hairdressers is right in the centre of town. I highly reccommend Chris (Dickson)! Not oly is he a fantastic Hairdresser, he will really make you laugh and calm any wedding morning jitters!

& give you and your party free champers! x[/b]
    If you dont mind me asking how much was it at Dickson Reid? It's just that I dont think they have a website (I cant find them) also do they do make up too?

QUOTE (Mrs Wilson (to be) @ May 13 2009, 01:01 PM) [url="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2444"]
    Hi!

I was wondering if anyone had any good recommendations for bridal hair and make-up in Edinburgh? I live in Dundee so I haven't got a clue (believe me, I've considered paying for my normal hairdresser to come through!).

I'm looking for a quite natural look for my hair and make-up - tousled hair and smoky eyes to match the stones in my dress.

Any recommendations would be much welcome! The wedding is this November and on a Sunday.[/b]

Hi!!

My hairdresser, Cass from Cascal in Leith is fantastic!!! The tel no is 0131 555 2040.

xxx