Thread: Any 30/07/11 brides here?

Super Senior Member

Default Any 30/07/11 brides here?

I like the thought of all the brides getting married on the same day knowing each other, it kind of shares the load I think, pressure wise!!

If anyone else is getting married on the 30th July say hi!

I am! Just booked it last week, Dynamic Earth in Edinburgh. Soooo excited and we will be married this time next year!

Where are you getting married? Have you got a lot of stuff sorted or are you doing it nearer the time?

I am having a massive dilemma today as I have put a deposit down on a dress and found the exact same one on Ebay for 700 less!!! I have no idea what the quality would be like though and no idea what to do...

I'm the 29th so one day before you lol

Super Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by afrikat View Post
    I am! Just booked it last week, Dynamic Earth in Edinburgh. Soooo excited and we will be married this time next year!

Where are you getting married? Have you got a lot of stuff sorted or are you doing it nearer the time?

I am having a massive dilemma today as I have put a deposit down on a dress and found the exact same one on Ebay for 700 less!!! I have no idea what the quality would be like though and no idea what to do...
    I saw that post and had a think about replying but decided I'd be hypocritical if I did. On the one hand, I totally agree with the whole saving money aspect, my dress is also Berketex and yesterday I was told the price of my dress had gone up to 1200!! Thankfully, I bought my dress from a girl who bought one in a sample sale and I saved myself a lovely 900!! The dress has a small nick in the train, but I will just get that fixed at the same time as alterations. I'm so relieved that I managed to save the money, cos I only budgeted 500 for my dress before I fell in love with Darcella!!
    Unfortunately for you, it was pure luck that I found that dress. I refused myself the temptation of buying a copy, it just seemed too convenient. I just couldn't bear the thought of my dress falling apart on the day because it was cheaply made!

So on that note, I would say I don't think it's a good idea to buy from the online shop. However, I do agree that you should be able to wear your dream dress without breaking the bank. My suggestion would be, phone up Berketex (which branch did you use? I've used Falkirk and House of Fraser, and they've both been lovely if not a bit pushy) and see what your options are, for example have you signed a contract with them? If you have signed a contract, you will be very limited. If you have a way of postponing the order, have a look around the web and see if you can find one in a sample sale or brand new on ebay.

I had to travel to Newcastle to get mine, but it was totally worth it!

If you want a hand to look, let me know what your dress is and I'll have a look too. PM me if you want.

Sorry for the long post! xx