Thread: Who do you think should pay for the bridesmaids' shoes and jewellery?

Ros@SWD

And if the bridesmaids are buying, would you let them choose their own?

We are paying for everything apart from there underwear, I asked them to be part of our day, so I dont want them spending money they dont have to.

On the dress front, I gave them a choice of 2 to pick between them!

Thankully I have a very generous Dad who is paying for most things for the wedding including the bridesmaids dresses, and shoes. I think I will buy their jewellery as pressies but I can't decidde if they should all match or be similar but slightly different to match their personalities!

Hi

I bought the bridesmaid dresses, shoes and am considering getting jewellery as a gift. I am on a budget but as asked them to be part of my day felt it was only right that I paid for these items. They all got the same shoes but that decision wasnt forced upon them as was quite happy for them to be different

I paid for the dresses. I had a budget for the shoes but I couldn't find anything that was right. I took one of my bridesmainds to see a couple of options I found. Then we saw the perfect pair on Faith but they were £20 over budget each. She said she'd contribute the other £20 and said the other girls probably would too and they did.

We had tea length dresses so their shoes would be on show. And everyone always checks out the shoes.
    Married August 08

My bridesmaids all offered to pay for their own dresses etc which was really lovely of them. And even better I get little messages now and again if one of them sees a dress they like to see if I approve lol
    Finally Mrs Noble!

my plan is to buy everything for them (except there pants!) but who knows with this credit crunch LOL xx

We've said we will buy their dresses, shoes and jewellery (within reason of course!) I think it's only fair since i've asked them to be my bridesmaid.

I'm having 3 bridesmaids and they all have similar tastes which is pretty good. We're going shopping next weekend for their dresses so hopefully it's not too stressful!

We're buying the dress for our Bridesmaid, I'll probably pay for the shoes.

I think our Flower girl's dress is going to be made by my mum, but we'll pay for the material etc.

My Matrons' of Honours outfits (which includes my mother) my mum has offered to pay for, which has taken a bit of financial pressure off us!

vdub_75

I think it's only right to pay for this. We'll also be paying for their hair styles too - but like some others prob not their undies!
    Nx

I'm going to be paying for everything for my girls, except undies also..lol..
    I asked them to be bridesmaids so i don't feel right asking for them to pay for anything.
    ****MrsRodger2B****

We are paying for the dresses, hair, makeup and possibly jewellery.

However, for me it is a matter of personality. My bridesmaids have their own taste in clothes and accessories, and I don't feel Ok telling them what to wear. When it comes to the dress, I will give them the guidelines of what I like, but hope they can tell me if something looks absolutely hideous to them, and we can reach an agreement.

On the jewellery front, if we don't find something we agree on, I may tell them to wear watever they like as long as it is in the same style, more or less.

Shoes, that is the hardest bit. If their shoes are not visible (we are going for long dresses) it does not matter they are not in the same style, and they may be more comfortable with their own shoes.

I don't want to spend on a pair of shoes they are not going to wear again, and that are going to make them unconfortable on the day. Many weddings end up with all the guests dancing on their bare feet anyway!

My bridesmaids are buying their own dresses, although this is great for our low budget wedding it may prove diffficult to get them sorted with something suitable. I would love to buy them both a dress and all the fittings but I just can't and I'd rather they found lovely Coast or Monsoon dresses they loved and would wear again than something peach (not that I'd do that to them!)

My main worry is finding something special enough that actually suits them. A lot of the bridesmaid's dresses I have seen so far just were a bit plain - but maybe thats the idea as they dont outshine the bride!!

2 of my bridesmaids offered to pay for their dresses but I insisted I should pay since I'd like to choose style/colour etc. I will also try to buy them shoes if I want them all matching. If I cant afford to buy matching shoes then I will obviously not be too fussy of what they wear as long as they are the same colour.

Going to give jewelery to them as a present I think.

With 4 bridesmaids I dont have a huge amount to spend on each girl unfortunately!

We are paying for the bridesmaids dresses and shoes. But I am in two minds whether to give them jewllery in the morning as there gifts I have seen a lovley set that goes with the dresses and have shown it to my CBM, so I now don't know wheter to just get it and put it down as an accessory!? and give them a small gift or give it to them in the morning?
    Or is that me just being daft???!!!

Shoes issue seems resolved.

One of my bridesmaids has got herself a pair of lovely vintage Gina shoes that she says she absolutely wants to wear to the wedding. (which is good because the shoes are royal blue, and that was the colour I was wanting to steer them towards) Second bridesmaid hates heels and will probably want to wear her own ones.

My Fiancé's sister will probably need a pair of shoes since she is not working at the moment... so buying one decent pair of shoes is not the end of the world.

We are paying for their dresses, shoes, hair and make up as we have asked them to be part of our day. It would not be fair otherwise.

Hello!

I feel if you are asking someone to be your bridesmaid then you should expect to pay.

I've decided to just have one bridesmaid, my sister. I'm paying for everything, dress, shoes, underwear, jewellery, make-up and hair trial, make-up and hair on the day, facial, manicure, a new perfume, flowers and will also give her a gift to thank her.

I want her to feel as special as I will on the day and so decided to just have one bridesmaid so I could spoil her.
    Last edited by Claire2831; 13-02-2010 at 11:48 AM.

We are paying for their dresses, hair and make-up. As the dresses are long and will go with black shoes I have asked them to either wear a pair of shoes they already have or it is their choice if they want to get something new that they will wear again. I have not dictated styles and have not asked them to match.

Will probably give them some jewellery as a present.

Super Senior Member

I am paying for all the bridesmaids things as two are my children and the other my best friend. She did offer to buy her dress but i didn't think that was very nice as i asked her to be the bridesmaid.
    I'm going to get the earrings or necklaces for their gifts and also pay for hair, make up etc.
    Wedding booked for 1/10/2011

Wedding Supplier

hi

I'm getting my brides maids Dress made and she has approved the style and agreed to wear it.

hair and make up will also be paid for by me.

as to shoes I'n leaning towards giving her some money and letting her buy her own that way if she wants a pair of jimmy choo's i dont have the £2000 price tag lol.

She is a great friend and i want her to be comfy on the day so ill trust her judgment, after al shes my right hand woman, theres her and my mother in law to be that will be my support for the day

JaY