Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Maybelline & D 22nd July 2010

Super Senior Member

Default Maybelline & D 22nd July 2010

I love reading everyone’s reports and while I should really be writing thank you cards and tidying up the mess I left before the Honeymoon, I think I deserve (after all my hard work this past year) just one more wee hour of self indulgence. So here is the first part of my report….

I’ll start with all the things that didn’t matter on the day but I would have changed if I could.

I would have walked slower down the aisle - I had read so many brides give this advice and was even aware of it as I was walking but I couldn’t help myself! So ladies - SLOW DOWN

I would have made sure everyone had their buttonholes. My papa, who was giving me away, was missed out and his was given to one of the kids to play with. We salvaged it for the photos but he didn’t have it on when he walked me down the aisle.

I would have taken the lids for my sweetie buffet jars and stored them somewhere safe as they got put behind to bar and lost, presumed thrown out (if anyone wants 5 sweetie jars minus lids PM me).

Ditto for my horseshoe. Not found it yet.

I would have prevented Best Man and Groom from giving a speech. I’ve never blushed so much in my life!! Everyone else seemed to enjoy them though!

Anyway, on with the story…………

Tuesday 20th July

MAJOR fallout with H2B over what I can’t remember but I was so upset I cancelled my “girlie night in wrapping tablet favours while H2B was out with pals” night and text them all at the last minute. Got into my pjs and climbed into bed. Lasted 10 mins when favourite auntie in the whole world chapped me up. Had a big blub in her arms and assured her I was going to turn up on the day. Ten minutes later and all my girlies arrived laden with tablet. Opened wine, got drunk, wrapped tablet and preceded to come down from sugar high. Girls left me to bed a much merrier person!

Wednesday 21st July

Made up with H2B (still trying to remember what the fallout was about but I’m positive it was his fault) and set off for my beauty treatments including spray tan. Imagine my horror when the skies opened and the rain lasted all day without a break! Despite my best efforts I ended up with a spotty neck! The rest of the day was spent ferrying wedding stuff about and about half eight I headed on down to the hotel for the final time with 2 of my Bms. I had told the hotel I wanted to set the tables myself so once we were settled in our room we headed on down to start. One table name put into holder later and my friends announce that they have arrived for an impromptu celebratory drink. Cue half past midnight and we finally start the tables.

Looking forward to the next installment!!

ooohhhh Maybelline, get more on here, want loads of photos xxxxxx

Super Senior Member

Getting my backside to bed! Will post some more tomorrow x

Super Senior Member

Oh no I can't wait to hear more! I am just looking at the pic of the room thinking it will be mine a week today!

We want more lol.......

Super Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
    Oh no I can't wait to hear more! I am just looking at the pic of the room thinking it will be mine a week today!
    Oh, I'm soo jealous! wish I could do it all again lol x

Super Senior Member

So by half 1 we are finally done. We really should be getting to bed but there’s a bottle of champagne calling our name……..

Super Senior Member

Ok, so having seen the picture ourselves we decided it was definitely time for bed! Got a wee bit excited though and had one last jump on the bed…………

Super Senior Member

WEDDING DAY!

CBM shares a bed with me, and having been warned not to snore (me not her) I sleep like a baby. She on the other hand tosses and turns all night. BM2 doesn’t even sleep and by 5 am we are more or less awake. I am the epitome of calm while they are a bag of nerves!

We head down for breakfast (a rather large fry up from the all you can eat buffet for me) and we’re met by my mum, my sister ,who is my other BM, and my two daughters who are my flower girls. Running a wee bit behind schedule we head on back up to the room where we exchange presents. Several kisses and hugs and new slogan t-shirts later and we’re heading to the hairdressers.

Super Senior Member

Flowergirl 2 and my cousin

Super Senior Member

Now as some of you know I was having a bit of a drama over the BM’s hair. I liked one style, they liked another so, being the total unbridezilla I am I let them have the one they liked (thanks to all of you who voted).

CMB

Super Senior Member

my cousin

Super Senior Member

my wee sis

Super Senior Member

We spent the whole day making sure we were standing in the correct position according to our hair! CBM got particularly upset at one point when she was on the left instead of the right!! She ruined the whole picture lol!

After hair it was back to the hotel for our makeup..........

Super Senior Member

Oooh lovely report so far! Keep it coming!!

Super Senior Platinum Member Mrs McDermott's Avatar

Loving this report:-) and fantastic pics. Cant wait to see and read more! Mrs McD2b-x-
    Donna & Jim - 20th August 2011

www.donna-and-jim.are.gettingmarried.co.uk

Platinum Member

keep going!! x

Super Senior Member

Sorry guys had a manic past few days. It was my littlest ones birthday today so the house is in chaos! Still trying to unpack the party boxes and find somewhere for the presents. Will get back to it as soon as x

Noooo - you can't do this Maybelline! I don't like cliffhangers lol! Forget about everything else - we need yooooou!!!! Heehee xxx
    4th June 2011

Super Senior Member

Please finish it before my wedding!

Super Senior Member

But not before some more alcohol (it’s purely medicinal you understand, helps the nerves). I'm not sure if my girls are worrying about how much I've had or hoping that I'm going to give them some.

Super Senior Member

So after that everything starts happening at once - we get our slap on, John Paul from Leven Films arrives and offers to take some “getting ready” shots, I can only hope he edits out some of the comments that were flying around that room. The things that man must hear! (We haven’t had the DVD yet obviously so can’t comment yet on the work but what a lovely man). The flowers arrive (big thank you to Kirsty from Always & Forever who had delivered flowers so perfect I’ve sent them for preserving) and half the wedding party turned up in the room (slight exaggeration but it felt like it). Then it was on to the most important job of the day…………..

Super Senior Member

My son’s hair. Having arrived by surprise wedding car, he ditched his usher duties and ran straight up to our room to have his hair straightened! I can’t blame him really, it was a major case of bedhead!

Super Senior Member

Ooh keep going!