Thread: Something "Different"

Default Something "Different"

Hello!

Does anyone have any ideas for doing something a little different at the reception? By that i mean nice little touches that people remember.

I love the Mr & Mrs lettering (which i've got). I also saw "The Smiths" which is nice too.

Heard recently about a wedding where they had the parents wedding albums at the table for the guest book which i thought was a lovely touch. I'm getting the pictures of our grandparents on their wedding day and putting them in frames for the day - not sure where but i'll decide later.

Really just looking for some other little gems to make the day even more memorable.

Thanks!

hi there

I did the photograph thing at my wedding and basically asked all my guests who were married to email or send me a photo of their wedding day and date of the wedding.

I also included (deceased) grandparents photos.

This is what I did: got all the photos onto photoshop and made them all the same size, then put names and dates of wedding in a tab at the bottom of the photo.

Then I got lengths of ribbon and stuck 6-8 photos on each length and hung them from the candle sconces at my venue.

Everyone was asking what I was doing and they loved the idea when they saw it. I made sure everyone managed to 'check out' their mugshots on the day. It was such a personal touch and something quite different I thought.

Photo shows one of the ribbons here (behind my professional dancing godparents!)

Super Senior Member Nikigotmarried!'s Avatar

Hi!

I started a thread a while ago about the special little "extras" people might be having as I had found a couple of little things I planned to have on display at my own wedding and wondered what other people were doing. Not sure if this will work, but I tried to copy the shortcut:
    http://www.scottishweddingdirectory....ghlight=extras

In case that doesn't work, if you search for threads including the word "extras". The personalised fairy lights are my favourite purchase (other than my dress) for our wedding so far. I'm so looking forward to seeing them set up on the day

I really like the idea of having photographs of our parents' weddings on display, so might look into getting some vintage photo frames to tie in with our "hint of vintage" theme. I might have them on display alongside some candle gardesn in the alcoves around our room

We are planning to name our tables after the cities we visited on our tour of Europe (we got engaged in Paris at the end of our trip ), so I had suggested having pictures of those places on the table, so maybe I could put those in some vintage frames too.

And here is one of the photos close up (my mum and dad) hee hee hee

And here is one of the photos close up (my mum and dad) hee hee hee

oops photo didn't upload first time

I also got photos of hubby and I throughout the years and used them as our table numbers.

Just printed out the photos in black and white with table number on them (bit of photoshopping here) punched a hole in the corner and tied them to a bamboo stick (Ikea). The photos are double sided so there is no white on the reverse!

This one is actually us back in 1995 ha ha. I got loads of compliments on those too.

I do a feature on my blog every sunday about the little details that make your wedding a bit different- I am obssessed with all things wedding now, here is last weeks link;

http://www.wedding-inspiration.com/c...le-on-sundays/

Hope you find something useful!

Platinum Member

aw mrandmrsB thats a lovely idea

also like the idea of having the parents photo albums at the guest book table x

I also love the idea of having my mum and dads wedding album there aswell but I dont think they would be keen lol x
    30th September 2011