Thread: "something blue" shoes?

Super Senior Platinum Member Mrs McDermott's Avatar

Default "something blue" shoes?

Hi everyone, i was out with my bm today and we were having a wee look at shoes. She suggested wearing electric/midnight blue shoes as my "something blue". Has anyone else done/thought of doing this? Tbh the thought hadnt crossed my mind. My main colour is cadbury purple and had thought that if i went for a coloured shoe it would be purple to match my bm dress. What do you think of this? Mrs McD2b-x-
    Donna & Jim - 20th August 2011

www.donna-and-jim.are.gettingmarried.co.uk

Super Senior Member

Ooh Donna what a good idea! I'm having eggplant (dark purple lol) and my dress is white but tbh no-one would see my shoes but it would be good to show guests later my "electric blue shoes" as i bet they'd remember it! Where did you see them lol x
    Wedding booked for 1/10/2011

this is prob a bit cheesy but one of the wedding mags this week features the 'I Do' sparkles which are intended to go on the soles of the shoes, and you guessed it - they're in blue!

I'm totally considering them as I have to kneel for part of the ceremony so everyone will get a wee look and should get a chuckle!

Super Senior Platinum Member Mrs McDermott's Avatar

Hey sazmeek we didnt actually see any blue shoes although we did look - obviously not hard enough though:-) we didnt really have a lot of time today. Anyhoo it was really just a suggestion from my bm but it's got me thinking...

penguintoes i already have my "I Do" stickers:-))) I totally forgot all about them until i read you post.

I really should go and look through everything that ive bought because ive probably forgotten about half of it!!! Mrs McD2b-x-
    Donna & Jim - 20th August 2011

www.donna-and-jim.are.gettingmarried.co.uk

I think if you have your "I Do" stickers then that covers your something blue. I know a lot of girls say you won't see your shoes but you really will if you are lifting your dress to walk places and getting in and out of your car so give it a good think if you want to have blue shoes. I was going to go for purple ones but everybody said to me to think about it really hard and they were right - the purple would just be a bit much for me personally. Having said that I could be in my trainers or flip flops yet as I had an op on my foot back in April and my foot is still really swollen and at the moment I'm scared to go to the shop to pick up my wedding shoes incase they don't fit (have already had to order a size up!)

Mrs McD2b

I got beautiful dark midnight blue satin sling back peep toe high heels in the Monsoon sale on Satuday for 25 - they are amazing and are definitely my big day shoes now!!

This was a huge change for me beacause until I saw them on Saturday I was planning to get married in white Birkenstocks!!!

Good luck with your search

Fee
    cant wait to become Mrs Reed

my shoes are bright red so id say yeah go for it lol

I love the idea of coloured shoes! I'm a bit of a shoe addict! Asked h2b to buy me blue Christian Louboutins or Jimmy Choos.......sadly he declined lol x

I think it's nice to see a bit of colour. One of our brides wore blue shoes to match her BM dresses. They looked fab.
    The BM had peep toes with her nails painted blue.
    V&A Creative Moments
    Photographer and Make-up Artist
    www.vandacreativemoments.co.uk

Platinum Member

i love this idea (and have suggested it on a few threads!!) and im still debating whether or not to do it myself!! i think depending on your dress (well rather my mum mentioned this) and the colour of the shoes, it could cheapen ur dress, if that makes sense! i cant decide if my dress would go with coloured shoes, and if so, what colour to go for.....my bm dresses are going to be chocolate brown, but dont think i want choc brown shoes!!! im thinking of having some orange roses through my bouquet, but again, dont think i want orange shoes!! hehe. i guess i could possibly go for gold shoes, which wouldnt be as daring as the brown, but maybe after everything, i'll just end up with some really pretty ivory ones lol. wish id stuck with my dark blue dresses, coz dark blue shoes look stunning!! oh well xx

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TiffanyRing View Post
    I loved the idea of having a coloured shoe after falling in love with Jade Goody's blue shoes at her wedding...........but i had to go with a v.small heel so i just got a pair of ivory ones that matched my dress (as you couldnt see them) but i put the blue swarorvski's "I DO" on the soles!

lol thats the first time i saw it too and loved it then!! x