Thread: Dry cleaning costs for kilts

nearlymrsT

Default Dry cleaning costs for kilts

Anyone know roughly how much i would expect to pay to have groom/bestman's kilts/waistcoats dry cleaned?

I'm working out my budget a bit more thoroughly, they have full kiltwear already so will just need a spruce up for big day. Will buy new shirts/kravats though.

xx

I would be tempted to contact a kilt hire shop, they would know who they trusted to do a good job and roughly how much they would charge.

I've never seen "kilt" on the dry cleaners menu

M xx
    Friday 13th May, 2011

Super Senior Member

H2b got his dry-cleaned, and this was in England mind you so suppose it's not a regular item for them! But they quoted him 8 but when he went they charged him about 16?! Totally weird and he won't be using them again!

But going from that, and from the dresses and suits etc I've had dry-cleaned before, I'd estimate around 10 for the kilt, maybe more like 20 for the kilt and a jacket?

nearlymrsT

Quote Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
    H2b got his dry-cleaned, and this was in England mind you so suppose it's not a regular item for them! But they quoted him 8 but when he went they charged him about 16?! Totally weird and he won't be using them again!

But going from that, and from the dresses and suits etc I've had dry-cleaned before, I'd estimate around 10 for the kilt, maybe more like 20 for the kilt and a jacket?
    thanks bumblebee, that's really helpful, i was expecting it to cost quite a bit but that's sounds alright. Will add that to my spreadsheet which so far is coming in at 2000 less than we expected for our estimated costs! woohoo
    xx

Super Senior Member

Just found this:
    http://www.morrisons.co.uk/Global/MM...20Cleaning.pdf

So 7.50 for a kilt and I'd guess you could get the jackets in with the 2 for 7 deal? Not bad at all!