Thread: House of Brides.. USA!

Default House of Brides.. USA!

Ooooh... i have a really nervous feeling in my tummy!!!!
    I have just ordered my bridesmaid dresses from House of Brides Website..
    I have a friend who did this and had no problem and my saving was amazing...
    I have ordered 5 Alfred Angleo dresses and with shipping they have cost me 440 as opposed to 185 each here without alterations...
    That's all great, but i can't help feeling nervous.. it must be the control freak in me.
    My family have said if anything happens they are paid by credit card and we can always get other dresses (if they didn't turn up) but ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Has anyone got any good stories to help ease my nerves... dresses arriving on time and just what you ordered would be great!!!

Kel xx

Please keep us poosted and let us know how you get on - that's an excellent saving you've made and loads of us would be interested in saving a few pounds on our wedding bugets!!

Which style and colour did you go for for your maids dresses?

M xx
    Friday 13th May, 2011

Hi!!

I will definitely keep you updated... i'll need somewhere to vent my stress!!
    I hope i'm panicking for no reason!!!

I have gone for Alfred Angelo 6133 in Hunter Green with Pistachio ribbon!!!

When i was wedding dress shopping they happened to have the style in Roberta Buchan (i had already decided, but was nice to see it in the flesh) although it was in a lighter green with ivory trim... They had the swatches in there so i checked the colours too.

Fingers crossed and like you say... an amazing saving!!! xx

Lovely dress!! Oh, I'm sure they'll be fine when they're delivered - exciting stuff!!

M x
    Friday 13th May, 2011

30th June 2012! Mrs Strachan to be's Avatar

im sure it will be fine! thats a great bargain! im getting my 3 bridesmaids dresses and my flower girls dress made...... we had hassle after hassle when ive was bridesmaid 2wice before with sizes..lengths etc and that was in shops in glasgow!!! i wouldnt think twice about ordering them off the net. as ur family say credit cards would cover that and so would wedding insurance probably if you have it!!! make sure n let us know how you get on and get some piccies up!!!xxx
    Roll on 30th June 2012

Such a great website. I had been looking at Dessy for bridesmaids dresses and think I might just go for it and order online.

Will have a look at colour swatches first in the shops but the saving is really great.

How did you measure up your BM's? Did u do vital stats and then work out their size?

I measured them using the instructions on the website but.... i found that the sizes were a bit out... like the bust would be ok and the waist then an inch too big. I initially got myself in a confused mess about this. But, the sizes your order in are US 8, 10, 12 etc so i have gone for the slightly bigger sizes for each of them as they are 15,15,13,11 and 10 just now. My mum has a friend that was a dressmaker and although her arthritis has stopped her making dresses she is happyto do the alterations.
    I figured better to have to be taken up / in than the other!!

On the website if you click on the size guide of the dress that you want to orderit gives you the US size and the measurement.

Does that even make any sense or am i just a waffling wreck?!!

Ha ha!!! xxx

Makes total sense, don't worry lol!

Cool will have a look at the US sizes and see what they're like. BM's will be chuffed cos they make you sound slimmer than UK sizes lol!

Never knew you got odd sizes, e.g. 15, 13 etc. Is that what you meant?

Defo better going bigger as less pressure to actually get into the dresses. I learnt this one the hard way...needing to squeeze into my dress at the mo. Big fitness drive going on!!! xxx

ha ha!!! that's there ages!!! see, i knew i was just a gibbering wreck earlier!!!
    It does make them feel slimmer.... wish my wedding dress was an american size!!! he he xx
    I have a fitness drive too... weightwatchers starts for me on Thursday.... and because of that i am eating whatever i like just now!!!!! xx

lmao wot a dafty...I totally get it now

I wondered if the US did odd sizes and thought that would be fab as sometimes I need a 10 sometimes a 12 and so an 11 would be ideal!!! If only eh!

I just joined Curves to tone up, still in agony. Have justified eating 2 blueberry muffins now cos I went this morn...somehow don't think that's the way it works

All the best with WW xxx

Hi Kel, My friend ordered her bridesmaid dresses from here, they were alexia ones and when they came they were absolutely gorgeous so I have decided to save a lot of money and order mine from here, the only thing she said was that once they arrived in Britain she had a phonecall from her local sorting office saying that she had to pay for the customs charge, don't quote me on this but I think it was roughly 150 and she got 5 dresses aswell.x

Thanks so much for posting this Chibs2011!!! You have put my mind at rest a little. I figured it would be around that much for the customs duty. I think that even with that charge on top it takes the total price to 590 ish. A family friend was a dress maker and will do the alterations for free so it's almost half price!
    I'll be so glad i did this when they arrive!!!!!
    Let me know how you get on too xxx

Hi Kel, thats good that you know someone that can do the alterations for you, I haven't ordered mine yet, I need to arrange sometime soon when I can sort out my bridesmaids sizes, thats if I can work put the sizing on the web page , I look forward to you letting me know how you get on with yours and I'll keep you updated with mine, just being really nosey but what dresses have you decided on ordering?
    Siobhan xx

Thought i'd give a little update on this post as yesterday I received a letter from parcel force saying that my bridesmaids dresses are in Glasgow. I have to pay the customs charge and then they will be delivered.
    I am so relieved!!!! I wondered if i was taking a big risk ordering from America and now just cannot wait to see them!!!
    I will let you know how they look... should get my hands on them on Thursday!!!
    Woo Hoo xx

How did you get on with your dresses? I ordered mine about four weeks ago from HOB and am panicing now. Have seen the dresses (Dessy) in local shop and the colour elsewhere so it's just the sizing?

xx