Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: My Wedding Report - Lochside House 10th July

You read my mind was going to ask about suppliers that you used.

I have the list that was given to me on Saturday by Lochside and think it will be better to use local businesses.

We are looking into Adore Photography they were at the wedding show right next to Lynsey and were doing a good deal and she said that they were good.

Was maybe going to go to Ayrshire Wedding Show in Jan and book the cake and flowers then which is 8 months before the wedding so thinking that would be okay.

What did you do about dressing the room? I'm toying with the idea of doing it myself.

Sorry that i'm bombarding you with questions just feel like i'm so limited trying to arrange it from down here although i try and go back once a month but don't want my visits home to be all about wedding planning.

xxx

So sorry hon, I typed a big long reply last week and when I came back to check today it wasn't there.

Local businesses are definately cheaper and just as good quality.

I dressed the room myself - for the ceremony we just had the pedastels provided by Lochside. The room is so beautiful it didn't need anything else.

For the reception we had fishbowls with flowers that I did myself and the top table we just had candles and rose petals and then Lynsey used the BM bouquets spaced along the table which was lovely.

Anything I can help you with please give me a shout, I would be more than happy to help in any way I can. xx

Quote Originally Posted by hollygolightly View Post
    You read my mind was going to ask about suppliers that you used.

I have the list that was given to me on Saturday by Lochside and think it will be better to use local businesses.

We are looking into Adore Photography they were at the wedding show right next to Lynsey and were doing a good deal and she said that they were good.

Was maybe going to go to Ayrshire Wedding Show in Jan and book the cake and flowers then which is 8 months before the wedding so thinking that would be okay.

What did you do about dressing the room? I'm toying with the idea of doing it myself.

Sorry that i'm bombarding you with questions just feel like i'm so limited trying to arrange it from down here although i try and go back once a month but don't want my visits home to be all about wedding planning.

xxx

No worries thanks for your help

The issue I have with dressing the venue myself is that as we are a Sunday wedding there is a wedding on the Saturday and so will only be able to do it on the actual morning and that's only when the room has been cleared from night before scared i get myself stressed out.

Just trying to source mobile hair and beauty now, might have a friend of a friend doing our cake and i'm doing the invitations.

Have provisionally booked Cameron Erroch for our photography/video he offers a great deal but want to meet him first and view some more of his work.

Got favour bags at a bargain price we're going to put some retro sweets in them and a charity pin.

Just started a fitness boot camp so going to wait till after xmas then go dress shopping when i've lost some weight!!!

xxx

I can help with that problem :-)

We had our wedding on Sat and there was a wedding on Friday, you just drop the stuff down the day before and lynsey and the team dress the room for you in the morning :-)

We booked to stay !t the sister hotel the night before anf I got my hair done at the salon across the road which is also owned by Lochside and the sister hotel and salon are only 5mins along the road from Lochside.

Anything else i can think of I will let u know x