Thread: Large venue that is as beautiful on inside as it is outside

Question Large venue that is as beautiful on inside as it is outside

Hi everyone,

We became engaged in March and have been trying to find the perfect venue ever since. We are open to most places in Scotland however we wouldn't want to be in the very North (Inverness and further) or the very South (borders). We are looking for somewhere which will hold 100 people for the wedding banquet with 200 people in the evening with plenty room for a dancefloor as we want to have a ceilidh. With our large numbers, we are really struggling to find somewhere that is beautiful on the outside (gorgeous traditional building with lovely gardens) but also impressive on the inside. Everywhere that is large and pretty on the inside tends to be a city centre location (which would seem a shame if it was a beautiful day outside). And everywhere that is impressive on the outside seems to either be a marquee or too small. I wouldn't mind getting married in a mid-size hotel however ideally we wouldn't want to get married in a large hotel as I wouldn't want lots of random people hanging around on our day (unless its a hotel where the wedding area is kept quite separate from the rest of the hotel). We also aren't keen on the rustic barn theme either and want something more traditional and elegant.

We have looked at Mar Hall but for 25000 just for the venue and meal, it's a little out of our price range. We would be looking to hopefully spend 15-20K for the venue and meal. We have also looked at Airth Castle but we have heard mixed reviews.

I know I am being really picky but I am finding it really hard to shake my "vision" (if only I had unlimited money )

Any help anyone could give me would be very greatly appreciated.

Many thanks everyone!

Advertiser

Good afternoon!

I am part of the wedding team at Balbirnie House, Fife and I think we can certainly help you! Balbirnie is a Georgian country house with a central Scotland location with beautiful grounds and lends itself to any season perfectly. We can hold up to 200 day guests in house with no requirement for a marquee and we can certainly offer you the full package within your budget also.

Please contact me direct on - 01592 610066 or Christine@balbirnie.co.uk

We are holding a wedding showcase on Sunday 7th October or if you wish to arrange a one to one viewing then please get in touch. Congratulations on your engagement and we hope to hear from you.

Kindest regards

Christine x
    www.balbirnie.co.uk