Thread: Help! 6 weeks to go and DJ has cancelled in Borders

Default Help! 6 weeks to go and DJ has cancelled in Borders

We're getting married in 6 weeks in the Borders (where we're from) but we live 380m away.

Just contacted the DJ we thought we had booked to arrange to see him next week and he's said he's not available on our wedding day. We'd sent him obscure songs for the night and had conversations about the music list. We'd been waiting for him to ask for a deposit and I thought I'd be handing one over at our meeting (we go up once a month). But he says no booking is complete without a deposit... even though he never asked us for one.

So I'm left with no DJ and 6 weeks to find one.

Recommendations of good (not cheesy, though at this rate...) very welcome!

Thanks

Advertisers

Hi OneTimeBride, what's the date of your wedding and the name of the venue? Maybe I can help.

Keith

1 Sept., Runningburn (nr Kelso). I'm talking to someone who may have a DJ available and I've also emailed another DJ at the recommendation of a friend. All options gratefully received! Do you have a website or Fb page? Many thanks

Advertisers

Ah sorry, I'm already booked. Hope you have a great day when the time comes.

Keith

I'm sorted - thank you. I can't thank SGL Disco, Spectrum Disco or DefCon 4 (all in the Borders) enough for all their help - they rallied round to help me get sorted.