Hi,

This is my first post on here. I recently got engaged and my H2B and I both fancy a summer wedding in 2021. I have already started looking at venues but so many places are fully booked out, not even just for summer weddings! We are mainly looking at venues around Ayrshire and have to stick to school holidays as Iím a teacher. For our guests, we are really hoping for a Friday or Saturday wedding.
So far I have looked at lochside house hotel in Cumnock, which was beautiful but the only date they had available that I could do was a Sunday in July. I personally wouldnít mind compromising for a Sunday wedding but my partner feels that this is unfair on the guests e.g. if they want to get their hair/make-up done, have to take Monday off work. He doesnít mind a Friday although they take the day off as they have the whole weekend to ďrecoverĒ.
We have looked at lochgreen house hotel in Troon which is so far my partners favourite as we can get a summer weekend there, but I felt it was quite old fashioned in the reception room, even with the new carpet they have just put down. Also they are planning to build a glass conservatory for a ceremony room and I am a bit apprehensive at booking somewhere when I canít see where Iíd actually be married. We were also only given a quick tour of it (and I have been twice) which felt rushed.
Also looked at Dalmeny park hotel in Barrhead which again was beautiful as it is owned by the same people but they have no summer dates and the only date we could do there would be during the Easter holidays in April, so it would be a compromise on dates. It has been one of my favourites though.
I have looked at Sorn castle where we can get our dates and I love it but not sure my partner is as keen.
We are going to view rowallan castle to compare them and again, we can get a summer weekend date there.
All other venues I have looked at around Ayrshire are so booked out in advance! Does anyone have any experience of the ones I have mentioned? I didnít realise so many brides would be booking their weddings 3 years in advance!! Any help would be appreciated. I am stressed and really want somewhere booked soon as Iíll be back at work!