Thread: Looking for unique DJ for wedding near Edinburgh, Easter 2019

Default Looking for unique DJ for wedding near Edinburgh, Easter 2019

Hi all

We are London based but getting married on Friday 19th April 2019 at Carberry Tower just outside Edinburgh. We are both huge music lovers so it's important we get the right DJ for our wedding. We have decided against a live band having seen them ignored at some weddings and just want a DJ. We are into alternative/indie 80s and 90s music and are looking for music to be played that focuses on those genres. We have no objection to our guests making sensible requests but would provide a list of artists or songs that are an absolute no. In short we have a list of songs we would absolutely want played and then for the majority of the rest of the night for music to follow a similar theme but not completely rigid. We definitely don't want the stereotypical cheesy wedding DJ.
    Does anyone have any recommendations for good DJs in this field?
    Many thanks
    Marion

Advertisers Jim - Scotland's Party DJ's Avatar

I hope the SWD don't mind this post but, coming from an indie band background before getting into the DJing that is right up my street.

I do a lot of 'alternative' / indie weddings and indeed fellow DJs will often pass on clients who they don't feel qualified enough to meet their needs as they don't have the depth of knowledge in those genres as I do.

The video on this page: www.scotlandspartydj.com/the-lighthouse-glasgow is from a couple who had similar designs to you and the music covered everything from Teenage Fanclub, , The Roses, The Cure, OMD and The Smiths to Pulp, Idlewild and The Knife.

Have a look over the website and if it sounds like I can help you out then don't hesitate to get in touch.

Jim
    Jim Moore - Scotland's Party DJ
    DJ, Vocalist, Host, Ceilidh Calling and more
    www.scotlandspartydj.com
    Facebook

Advertisers

Quote Originally Posted by Mlindenuk View Post
    Hi all

We are London based but getting married on Friday 19th April 2019 at Carberry Tower just outside Edinburgh. We are both huge music lovers so it's important we get the right DJ for our wedding. We have decided against a live band having seen them ignored at some weddings and just want a DJ. We are into alternative/indie 80s and 90s music and are looking for music to be played that focuses on those genres. We have no objection to our guests making sensible requests but would provide a list of artists or songs that are an absolute no. In short we have a list of songs we would absolutely want played and then for the majority of the rest of the night for music to follow a similar theme but not completely rigid. We definitely don't want the stereotypical cheesy wedding DJ.
    Does anyone have any recommendations for good DJs in this field?
    Many thanks
    Marion
    Hi Marion, like Jim my background is indie/alternative and formally ran club nights in the 80s and 90s whilst working in various record shops across Europe. Would love to provide you with a quote for your wedding at Carberry Tower. My website is www.flexdisco.co.uk, drop me a line if you want to have a chat.
    Keith

Thank you both! We'll be in touch with both of you shortly.