Thread: Ceilidh Band Recommendations/advice

Default Ceilidh Band Recommendations/advice

Hi

We have decided to go with a ceilidh band for our wedding next October. The wedding is in Applecross so ideally around that area or Inverness.

We have received a quote from an Inverness based band, a 4 piece who have quoted 1000 and require bed and breakfast. Is this reasonable in people's experience? We would only require them to play for a couple of hours. It seemed quite steep to me and I was also surprised at the band asking for bed and breakfast.

If anyone can share some insight, or provide any recommendations that would be great.

Thank you!

Advertisers Jim - Scotland's Party DJ's Avatar

You should be able to find a band closer to Applecross who can meet your needs and even if not, in my opinion it's not your responsibility to sort accommodation either - if a band or entertainer requires that, it should be factored into their pricing and then they organise it themselves.

Jim
    Jim Moore - Scotland's Party DJ
    DJ, Vocalist, Host, Ceilidh Calling and more
    www.scotlandspartydj.com
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Jim - Scotland's Party DJ View Post
    You should be able to find a band closer to Applecross who can meet your needs and even if not, in my opinion it's not your responsibility to sort accommodation either - if a band or entertainer requires that, it should be factored into their pricing and then they organise it themselves.

Jim
    Thanks for the advice Jim!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk