Thread: Pratis Barn Brides??

Default Pratis Barn Brides??

Hi brides to be! I'm new here! Got engaged in April this year and my fiancé and I are just about to book Pratis Barns in Leven, Fife which we recently visited and fell in love with. We will have 110 day guests and I was just wondering if anyone's been married here or planning on marrying here who could advise on best
    nearby accommodation? Our family's are quite large and from all over Scotland. We would also be having both our ceremony and reception at the barn so would love to hear from anyone about places for bridal party to get ready etc!

Xx

We looked but I got cold feet as it seemed to be operating in a very under the radar kind of way as it didn't have a website. I had heard a bad story about another barn venue that had been closed for a year or so by the local council as it didn't comply with building standards. I was scared that would happen with these guys so we went elsewhere. Sorry to be negative and that was a few years ago so things might be a bit more in order now.

Advertisers Jim - Scotland's Party DJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LouiseRogers View Post
    We looked but I got cold feet as it seemed to be operating in a very under the radar kind of way as it didn't have a website. I had heard a bad story about another barn venue that had been closed for a year or so by the local council as it didn't comply with building standards. I was scared that would happen with these guys so we went elsewhere. Sorry to be negative and that was a few years ago so things might be a bit more in order now.
    That might be true of some barn type venues but I've been in there a few times in the recent past and the place has been spot on - excellent staff (which isn't always the case, even with very popular award winning venues...
    Jim Moore - Scotland's Party DJ
    DJ, Vocalist, Host, Ceilidh Calling and more
    www.scotlandspartydj.com
    Facebook

Thanks both of you for your replies! Glad to hear that Jim!
    based on a lot of great feedback and falling in love with the place we've decided to go for it. Spent the day scoping out nearby accommodation yesterday and made a few phone calls and turns out there's lots. Looks like a good fit for us and ticks all the boxes xx

We are thinking of going with Pratis Barn for Spring or Summer 2019! When have you booked? Would be great to share experiences and tips!

Hi FinnCharlieRoo! Congratulations on your engagement! We have booked for 14th Sept 2019, so excited!! Would be great to share tips with other Pratis brides Currently trying to find a nice place to get ready for myself and the bridal party in the morning...

Advertiser

Pratis is lovely, a great space that looks different every time we supply there depending on the couples vision!
    Depending on the size you are looking for http://cardy-nethouse.co.uk/ in Lower Largo isn't too far away

Thank you, checking that out now it looks beautiful so definitely a contender. Happy new year everyone! I’m currently trying to find and book a bridal suite somewhere nearby. Getting myself in a total muddle. Would love to hear from any previous Pratis brides or anyone who’s been and has any recommendations? Giving myself a headache trying to work out the logistics of accommodations for getting ready and then for the evening of the wedding. Help!