Thread: Is one photographer enough?

Default Is one photographer enough?

We've been looking at photographers, many of the photographers we love the style of are solo operators and we're concerned this translates to lots being missed but similarly dont see massive gaps in the examples of work. Does anyone have any advise on whether two really is a better option to capture the day? All thoughts/advise welcome

Advertisers OurDreamPhotography's Avatar

Hi Cargs
    I suppose it depends on your budget and how many aspects of the day you want covered. If there are multiple things happening simultaneously in different locations that you definitely want covered - such as Bridal prep and Groom prep for example, then you may need two. However, I have always found time to hop between both if in the same hotel/venue.
    Same with during the ceremony - The celebrant or minister is usually happy for me to tip-toe around. Though, I have actually set-up a remote camera on one occasion for an angle that I couldn't get to during the service.
    I suppose the most important aspect is do you like the photographers work? and (if you have met them) do you think you'll get along ok on the day?
    Examples of this "lone-photographer" are here: https://ourdream.smugmug.com/Weddings/
    Hope this helps.
    Lee Live: Photographer
    Our Dream Photography

fatehproductions

Quote Originally Posted by OurDreamPhotography View Post
    Hi Cargs
    I suppose it depends on your budget and how many aspects of the day you want covered. If there are multiple things happening simultaneously in different locations that you definitely want covered - such as Bridal prep and Groom prep for example, then you may need two. However, I have always found time to hop between both if in the same hotel/venue.
    Same with during the ceremony - The celebrant or minister is usually happy for me to tip-toe around. Though, I have actually set-up a remote camera on one occasion for an angle that I couldn't get to during the service.
    I suppose the most important aspect is do you like the photographers work? and (if you have met them) do you think you'll get along ok on the day?
    Examples of this "lone-photographer" are here: https://ourdream.smugmug.com/Weddings/
    Hope this helps.
    True It depends, and hello I am newbie here.

Advertisers nataliaswiaderphotography's Avatar

Hi Cargs,

The price of a second shooter is usually around 200 - 250 for a full day so it might be worth it if you're planning to have a very big wedding

Best regards,
    Natalia

www.nataliaswiader.com

Hi Cargs,

It all depends how big is the Wedding and if you would like to cover wedding preparations. I work as a team with my husband and usually I stay with the bride and at the same time he can goes to venue to photograph groom's party and guest arriving. We do not charge extra for 2nd photographer It is always save as well if for example one of the key moments photo won't be sharp there is always 2nd photographer and other camera

www.vivviphotography.co.uk
    www.facebook.com/vivviphotography

Hi there! I highly recommend hiring a second photographer. This is what we did when we worked with this professional wedding photography London agency on our special day. As a result, we got pictures from different angles and not even a single moment was missed. But another photographer means additional expenses for you, so be sure to check your budget first. There’s a lot of wedding photographers online these days, so maybe you can start comparing rates there? Hope this helps!

Having a second photographer helps if you want to capture both points of view in the morning; the groom and the bride. But for the rest of the day it doesn't matter as much, depending on the size of your wedding.
    If it's a huge wedding then sure, get all angles covered, but for the most part the solo photographer will be constantly going around capturing almost everything.

Hi Cargs, They are right, it depends on the budget of your wedding, I am planning to have two photographer, so that they have alot shots in different places/angle.