Thread: Wedding Fair Blues

Default Wedding Fair Blues

Recently engaged I was totes excited to attend the wedding fair at Hampden this weekend. Now I apprciate it's not the epic annual Scottish Wedding show but I was so disappointed and found it verging on stressful.
    Am I a total weirdo or anyone else find these things poor?

They can be completely overwhelming when your not expecting it as they are so busy with loads of suppliers looking to speak to you. I avoided all the major ones and went to the smaller ones. Go with a plan in mind of what your looking to book and who you want to speak to and then that way you know where your heading. I'm heading to the Glasgow girls one at the start of September. It's free and a nice wee size.

Aw thanks Vaguely, I'll go again and think it'll be better now that I know the score, I found it overwhelming being faced with pitch after pitch and not one single person asked what I'd like - it was just a download of what they'd do like a verbal machine gun! LOL . When and where is the Glasgow Girls one? I had a quick search but cant see anything.

Haha yeah, it is abit like here's everything I have to offer in 30 secs! It's called Glasgow Girls Wedding Guide and is in Pollockshields Burgh Hall on the 3rd September between 12 and 4. Definetly worth going for a wee look ☺

Advertisers Jim - Scotland's Party DJ's Avatar

We only attended one when we were getting married - the SECC and a lot of that was to do with going to Lebowskis for white Russians after it For the big ones you really do need to have a plan of what you're doing otherwise it gets too much. We had our route set out to check out 3 or 4 venues and then say hi to a few pals, in and out in about half an hour and even at that it was quite overwhelming.
    Jim Moore - Scotland's Party DJ
    DJ, Vocalist, Host, Ceilidh Calling and more
    www.scotlandspartydj.com
    Facebook

It was just a lot - like a verbal machine gun of pitches ... what I noticed was that not one vendor asked what we'd like, just rattled off what you'd get then 4 feet on and it was the same again. I'll be better prepared next time

Advertisers Jim - Scotland's Party DJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cargs View Post
    It was just a lot - like a verbal machine gun of pitches ... what I noticed was that not one vendor asked what we'd like, just rattled off what you'd get then 4 feet on and it was the same again. I'll be better prepared next time
    The problem is that, particularly the big ones, cost a lot of money to exhibit at so suppliers really need to hard sell at them to make it profitable.

I've done a grand total of 3 as a vendor - 2 when I was starting out and then 1 a few years back I got a good deal on but it just reminded me as to why I don't do them
    Jim Moore - Scotland's Party DJ
    DJ, Vocalist, Host, Ceilidh Calling and more
    www.scotlandspartydj.com
    Facebook