Thread: Newbie looking for Glasgow venue help

Default Newbie looking for Glasgow venue help

Hi everyone, first time posting here, hope you're all well!

I'm starting the quest for an evening only reception in late summer 2018 (probably September). I've emailed a couple of places, but (annoyingly, yet understandably), they don't accept bookings for evening-only receptions durning the summer months as they would make more money with an all-day wedding.

Does anyone have experience of booking a Glasgow (or immediate surroundings) night time venue? Numbers will be around 175, we need space for a band, dancefloor and everyone to have a seat. We need good buffet catering too (happy to look at bringing in our own caterers if the venue can't provide. We don't need a sit-down meal).

We definitely don't want a hotel venue. We're getting married in the States and want something less formal than that. It's all about the music, the drinks and getting everyone together to celebrate and party. I've already contacted Cottiers, BAaD, The Ferry, Oran Mor, SWG3 and St Luke's. We're going to see St Luke's this weekend. I'd love somewhere really quirky and different, like Kinkell Byre (too far away) or The Old Fruitmarket (probably a bit too big), but you get the idea. We don't really want people travelling just for an evening do.

Can any of your wonderful brains think of somewhere fabulous?

Thank you!

Maybe try St Andrew's in the square at the saltmarket or the city halls at candleriggs

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Definitely St Andrews in the Square. Gorgeous inside, masses of space to fit what your looking for and will cater for just the reception ��

Thanks - I'll give them a ring!

Pollokshields Burgh Halls could be a possibility or Eastwood House which comes under East Renfrewshire but isn't too far from the city centre.