Thread: Industrial meets rural?

Default Industrial meets rural?

Hi there,

My girlfriend and I are recently engaged and are trying to get married in Spring 2018. We're currently struggling to find a "perfect" venue and I'm wondering if you could help us?

Perhaps this place doesn't exist. But we're looking for a DIY space with an industrial feel (warehouses such as SWG3, The Glue Factory or the former Woodside Warehouse) but in a rural, green, scenic space (something with mountain views or forests or just lovely green scenery).

The closest I've found is the National Mining Museum - but it doesn't seem to be as diy as we'd like in terms of catering etc. and I don't think we'd get exclusive use as such.

I'm thinking we'd have most success from spaces that normally don't do weddings but would be open to it if contacted directly. Old distilleries or factories. For this reason, Googling is only so good and I'm hoping word of mouth can help!

Whilst central belt would be ideal we would pretty much be willing to travel anywhere in Scotland for the perfect venue as so far this has eluded us.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance everyone.

Have you looked at West Brewery at Glasgow Green? Not very rural but it is a lovely location

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah it's definitely one of our favourites - but again, the rural part and the diy part mean it isnt ticking every box. I know we have a lot of boxes to tick though and that it might not be possible - but thought I'd ask here as there's a wealth of knowledge in these forums!.

Have you looked at Guardswell Farm? We really liked the look of it when we were looking at venues. Errol Park have an amazing space also.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It's a tricky one because, as you've realised, a lot of the places with a more industrial vibe are in the cities.

We'd recommend checking out The Loch Lomond Arms Hotel - it's in Luss so very scenic and the folk who own the hotel also own a lot of the surrounding land. So in addition to the hotel they also have a barn which, when our editor visited, they said they could easily offer to couples who were looking to tie the knot there if they wanted an alternative space. Although it's a barn it does have more of an industrial feel than a cosy farm type of vibe. It's not something they publicise so you'd need to call/email to check!

Errol Park is definitely worth checking out, though it's more leaning towards a barn feel than an industrial vibe. It is a cool space though and surrounded by fields.

There's also the Verdant Works in Dundee - http://www.verdantworks.com/about/ - but that won't tick the scenic box.

Belhaven fruit farm near Dunbar that does weddings in an industrial shed/barn and is in a rural location. Wedderburn Barns could be made to look industrial as it is a blank canvas with stone walls and a few industrial-style doors in one of the courtyards. Or maybe it would be possible to rent one of the Wasps Gallery spaces - I think some of them are in rural locations and might have an industrial feel.

I've heard of the strawberry barn at Dunbar or the secret herb garden has a barn type place that you can DIY.
    Lots of village halls are good for DIY Weddings too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not quite industrial. But Bo'ness town hall is a fab diy venue! I only didn't book it because it was too small for our numbers. 750 to hire for the weekend

Maybe check out comrie croft it has a large barn that csn be decorated to your own requirements http://m.comriecroft.com/groups/weddings.html

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk