Thread: Is it possible to get married for around 5000/6000?

Default Is it possible to get married for around 5000/6000?

We have just had a baby and got engaged last year. We had planned on getting married but money is now tight with the baby. Is it possible to get married for around 5000/6000 in Lanarkshire/ glasgow or ayrshire?
    We have a large family and would need to have around 75 all day.
    Any tips or idea's to do it for around that budget.
    We would like a winter wedding near Christmas as i love Christmas.
    To be honest i dont mind where just want to get married to my fiance somewhere that looks nice and is something we remember forever.

Advice and tips on where to start appreciated.

Thanks

The Western House Hotel in Ayr does 3 winter wedding packages which include canapés, drinks,a four course meal and an evening buffet. The reception room has a huge fireplace which is lit during the winter and I think you can can have the wedding ceremony in front of the fire place and there is usually a big Christmas tree in the room which makes it all very festive.Prices sat at at £2200 for 50 guests and its £44 per head if you want to add on any more. This would mean for 75 guests it would cost £3300.( I think I've got my calculations correct). It also includes candelabras on the table, place cards and overnight accommodation for the bride and groom. There are 2 other options which are more expensive but are still less than £5000. I am sure other hotels do special winter packages too. I hope this helps and good luck with the planning.

Thank you so much the Western House is somewhere we viewed when we began looking before we had our baby. Iv managed to find a few around 3500 do thats great would give us 2500 for everything else.

Thanks again

Could you use recycled gold for your wedding rings? They could be sentimental and also cheap but just as hard wearing.

Jenny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk