Thread: Wedding film wait

Default Wedding film wait

We got married early Nov last year and still waiting for our wedding film! Our contract says max 18 weeks but our suppliers say they have a backlog and took time off during Xmas. They didn't get in touch until I emailed them asking what was going on and that was 2 weeks ago!! Is it normal to wait over 5 months??? I don't know what to do, I'm getting so upset by it and my family & friends keep asking when it's out I'm so sick of it!

Default Don't worry too much just yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Shem View Post
    We got married early Nov last year and still waiting for our wedding film! Our contract says max 18 weeks but our suppliers say they have a backlog and took time off during Xmas. They didn't get in touch until I emailed them asking what was going on and that was 2 weeks ago!! Is it normal to wait over 5 months??? I don't know what to do, I'm getting so upset by it and my family & friends keep asking when it's out I'm so sick of it!
    I'm sorry to hear you've been waiting so long for your wedding film. You mentioned the contract says max 18 weeks so I would enquire with them what the compensation is for going over the 18 weeks. The fact that they are still in touch with you says that they most probably are working as hard as they can to complete their workload, it sounds like they made some poor choices in taking on too much work.

If they end up failing to meet their deadline and you become unsatisfied with their service you could ask for the un-edited footage and take it to another photographer to edit, thought that will likely incur an extra cost to you. I'd be happy to recommend a videographer if you decide to go down that route.

Best of luck and I hope everything works out well for you!

www.fernphotography.co.uk