Thread: Big Hair Day!

Hi folks

We've just booked our wedding for next April so a year away. I'm pretty organised with everything but am having a hair dilemma! At the mo, my hair is a chin length bob with some layers. I don't know whether to grow it or not. All the wedding pics I look at seem to have brides with long hair but I don't really suit it as mine is quite fine.

I want to have a veil with maybe a hairband or something but I just can't picture what I'll look like!

Any thoughts?

thanks
    Proud to be Mrs McKenna at last!!!

Hello!

I've been having the same dilemma! My hair was really short, and I liked it but thought it might be limiting when it comes to 'wedding hair'. My dress has a really full skirt, and I worried about my head looking out of proportion (which people keep telling me is a ridiculous thing to be worrying about, but I can't help it!). So, I'm growing mine out - and it's growing at quite an alarming rate as it's already past shoulder-length and it's not really been very long, and the wedding's a year away! I've decided that I'm going to keep growing it, then when I go for my hair trial the hairdresser can advise what length is best for the style I go for, and that's how long I'll have it.

I can guarantee it'll be short again straight after the wedding though...we get married on the Saturday and fly at 9am on the Monday, and I've already sussed out a good hair salon I can go to on honeymoon!

Vicki x
    Mrs Hemphill from 22nd May 2010!

Super Senior Member

Mine was just above my shoulders when I got engaged, so I've been growing it out for about 18 months now and it's a few inches past my shoulders (my hair grows fast but I do still get regular trims) and my layers will be grown out into my hair soon too (work in progress). I'm glad I did start early though as it's easy to cut it again if I want, but I would never want hair extensions etc, especially for my wedding! My hairdresser also says my hair is now a perfect length and she can do anything with it for my wedding or for my brother's (in 2 months' time). I would suggest finding a good hairdresser, getting to know her/him and always going there so they can gradually help shape it as it grows, and make suggestions etc.

Wedding Supplier LittleTigerCreations's Avatar

I know this post is from a while ago but I thought I'd add my wee post just incase it's of future use.

My hair is ridiculously fine! My hairdresser used American Dream clip in extensions (my hair just breaks with real ones) and a whoooole lot of hairspray. No one could tell that I had extensions in and my curls lasted two days. It's maybe something to look into. The extensions are real hair and can be dyed and cut to make them all nice and shaped into your hairstyle !
    Little Tiger Creations
    www.littletigercreations.com